TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I visited this thread and I have a lot to catch up on. Just something that has stuck out to me in what I have read so far...

Can anyone confirm if the Arnold Transmission shop located on North Sylvania was indeed run by CA? I ask only because my grandfather owned a driveshaft company .6 miles from there and would have likely known each other. Let me rephrase, I am positive they would have had dealings with one another. Not trying to muddy the waters here but I have heard stories for years about some shady business that took place and I would just like to put my own mind at ease.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do! I feel confident we are closer than ever to getting answers!
Was the North Sylvania address where RA said they had the fire around Christmas and lost everything. I remember someone going through ALL the fire calls back then and never could find anything.

Was the North Sylvania address where RA said they had the fire around Christmas and lost everything. I remember someone going through ALL the fire calls back then and never could find anything.
Interesting lead! As beubeubeu stated no one can confirm that these businesses even existed. My father is suffering from dementia but would surely remember such an event, especially on a good day. My grandfather passed many years ago. The automotive businesses around that area (especially back then) ran in a close circle. If that business did indeed exist at that time on that street, my father should have some recollection of it. I will report back!

Then you'd be the first person who knew someone who could confirm that those buisnesses ever existed.
By that I don't mean that there is a doubt about that, but so many posts here, so many comments about it, so many recollections from neighbours, friends, locals, those who went to same high school, visited same mall, drove Oldsmobile... yet not a single one ex customer of Arnold's businesses, not a single one ex-worker or their relative, or even their acquaintance. Which is hella weird.

It was ran by CA, there are at least two newspaper ads advertising that business as his.
Could you share something more about those stories you heard?
Sorry, I believe I just misquoted you. I will poke around and see what I can come up with, if anything. My dad and uncle both worked for my grandpa at that time and they are both grumpy old men who will shoot it to me straight regarding CAs demeanor and reputation, assuming they remember him.
I find it extremely strange that none of his customers ever made statements but it seems there are many, MANY pieces of this puzzle missing

But he said that not only the business but also their home burned in 69ish. It should not be same place as advertised in early 70s. Home at Sylvanian would mean that girls would likely have to change school (did they?) at some point.
I tried to look for it in newspapers some time ago cause damn, home and business burning, so must be news worthy miracle that family was elsewhere or managed to escape unharmed...

Was this before the trouble with the IRS started?

Interesting lead! As beubeubeu stated no one can confirm that these businesses even existed. My father is suffering from dementia but would surely remember such an event, especially on a good day. My grandfather passed many years ago. The automotive businesses around that area (especially back then) ran in a close circle. If that business did indeed exist at that time on that street, my father should have some recollection of it. I will report back!
There was a mention of a worker telling someone about the money CA got from TT as he married underage Rachel but I couldn't even figure if it was hearsay, or somebody's theory, somebody's story or what.
The alleged fact of big amount of money going from TT to CA was widely discussed cause of suspicion that he payed for Rachel.

I'll try to find it cause now I'm so curious if someone actually claimed to hear/know about such interaction with their worker or if it was JS/DJ/RA's story cause damn. Such a great way to make TT look even more suspicious while it could be just a tale to explain the money while possibly avoiding taxes.

But he said that not only the business but also their home burned in 69ish. It should not be same place as advertised in early 70s. Home at Sylvanian would mean that girls would likely have to change school (did they?) at some point.
I tried to look for it in newspapers some time ago cause damn, home and business burning, so must be news worthy miracle that family was elsewhere or managed to escape unharmed...
I just looked it up 110 N. Sylvania (1 blk. S. of 121 frwy) was advertisement for Arnolds Transmission in Star Telegram on 3/18/1973 so that couldn't of been the location of the fire.

Sorry, I believe I just misquoted you. I will poke around and see what I can come up with, if anything. My dad and uncle both worked for my grandpa at that time and they are both grumpy old men who will shoot it to me straight regarding CAs demeanor and reputation, assuming they remember him.
I find it extremely strange that none of his customers ever made statements but it seems there are many, MANY pieces of this puzzle missing

While on this subject it might also be helpful if they knew anything about the local racing scene at that time.

While on this subject it might also be helpful if they knew anything about the local racing scene at that time.
Interesting you would say that. My dad always said our favorite customers were Jeep owners (those that like to push the limits on off-roading and come in with a driveshaft that had been bent in half by a large rock), and race car drivers. Race cars meaning cars that had lots of after market work done to make them faster and more agile on the roads. Those were always fun. I saw many a driveshaft completely twisted and clutches that simply fell out of the darn thing. But I digress...

1) Who was watching Julie on the 23rd.? 2) Was Julie living with her Dad across the street on the 23rd.? 3) Did Julie's Dad go to the Mall with his wife on the 23rd.?
I'm confused. Some have said Renee was Julie's babysitter, and yet we're told Julie begged to go with Rachel and Renee, because she didn't want to be home alone and bored (and had to call her mom at work to get permission to go). If this trip was  planned (and we're told it was), and Renee  was Julie's regular sitter, you'd think Renee and RM would've made arrangements for Julie, accordingly. Also, we've been told Julie's parents were going through a bad divorce, and Dad was an absentee parent, who's never said a word about this case. So how can he be married and living across the street?

Interesting you would say that. My dad always said our favorite customers were Jeep owners (those that like to push the limits on off-roading and come in with a driveshaft that had been bent in half by a large rock), and race car drivers. Race cars meaning cars that had lots of after market work done to make them faster and more agile on the roads. Those were always fun. I saw many a driveshaft completely twisted and clutches that simply fell out of the darn thing. But I digress...

Thanks for the reply but your last statement confused me a little as it can be taken a couple of different ways. Is that just a way of saying you feel like it was getting a little off topic or are you saying that you would rather not discuss the local racing scene during that time?

Thanks for the reply but your last statement confused me a little as it can be taken a couple of different ways. Is that just a way of saying you feel like it was getting a little off topic or are you saying that you would rather not discuss the local racing scene during that time?
Thanks for clarifying! I just didn't want to get too off topic. I am more than happy to inquire about the racing scene. I sometimes go off on a tangent and have to keep myself in check.

I have always been under the impression that TT had some soft of involvement or knowledge of what happened and the more and more I read about this case, the more I believe something happened either in the house on Minot or at one of the shops owned by the A family. I was on the RA train for a long while, even driving to Benbrook Lake a few years back to watch the cars being pulled out. I guess you could say I'm rather invested.

Could someone please refresh my memory? I recall hearing from somewhere that there were transmission barrels from the shop that were disposed of shortly after the disappearances. Is this true?

I'm confused. Some have said Renee was Julie's babysitter, and yet we're told Julie begged to go with Rachel and Renee, because she didn't want to be home alone and bored (and had to call her mom at work to get permission to go). If this trip was  planned (and we're told it was), and Renee  was Julie's regular sitter, you'd think Renee and RM would've made arrangements for Julie, accordingly. Also, we've been told Julie's parents were going through a bad divorce, and Dad was an absentee parent, who's never said a word about this case. So how can he be married and living across the street?
JM was married to Julie's mother till Sept. 1975 more than 9 months after the disappearance. JM did not remarry till Nov. 1977 almost 3 years after the disappearance.

Thanks for clarifying! I just didn't want to get too off topic. I am more than happy to inquire about the racing scene. I sometimes go off on a tangent and have to keep myself in check.

I have always been under the impression that TT had some soft of involvement or knowledge of what happened and the more and more I read about this case, the more I believe something happened either in the house on Minot or at one of the shops owned by the A family. I was on the RA train for a long while, even driving to Benbrook Lake a few years back to watch the cars being pulled out. I guess you could say I'm rather invested.

Could someone please refresh my memory? I recall hearing from somewhere that there were transmission barrels from the shop that were disposed of shortly after the disappearances. Is this true?
In an earlier thread it was stated (by a V.I i think) that some barrels of transmission fluid in the shop were disposed of a few days after the girls disappeared.

Good point. Great point.
And you'd think that if there were some mondain explanations that would set record straight and make these people not look so suspicious, that they would be shared with the public - cause lack of them causes just more and more confusion, doesn't make anyone any closer to possibly discovering some new leads (or solving this case) while can do some harm to those people or their families.

That's why it's so hard to even consider anything but that it does look like that cause that's exactly how someone with significant influence in this case wanted it to look like.

There was a mention of a worker telling someone about the money CA got from TT as he married underage Rachel but I couldn't even figure if it was hearsay, or somebody's theory, somebody's story or what.
The alleged fact of big amount of money going from TT to CA was widely discussed cause of suspicion that he payed for Rachel.

I'll try to find it cause now I'm so curious if someone actually claimed to hear/know about such interaction with their worker or if it was JS/DJ/RA's story cause damn. Such a great way to make TT look even more suspicious while it could be just a tale to explain the money while possibly avoiding taxes.
According to V.I. Wishyouknew (thread 5, pg 35, post 697):  TT was the one who claimed the money went to train him.

Back on thread 5 (pg 38, post 747), Verified Insider Wishyouknew mentions this. There was rather lively debate on this subject, in a few places.

According to V.I. Wishyouknew (thread 5, pg 35, post 697):  TT was the one who claimed the money went to train him.
CA must be one hell of an expert if his training was worth that much money.
Gotta wonder how he even managed to get in any sort of financial trouble if he could just get few young guys to share his wisdom with for 10-20k$ each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member