TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Im starting to question how well the Arnold's knew TT, when they became aware he had his own home, car, money in the bank and an inheritance yet to come. Put that together with the knowledge both TT's parents were ill then deceased in a short space of time so he is without parental guidance, and on the rebound of a failed marriage, and I can see a recipe for someone to be manipulated and taken advantage of.
Rather than buying himself a wife, Im starting to build a potential picture of a young guy who is looking to belong somewhere, and is willing to hand over a substantial sum of money to not only be part of a family but part of a family business. Thats not to say that TT necessarily was all above board, because otherwise more might have come out about all this over the years, but I do have.... thoughts!
Theres also the school of thought that The Arnolds just wanted one of their daughters married to TT, and when DA didn't work out, RT was wheeled in, which just ,to me , adds weight to the possibility TT was being used financially.
He could be not all above board then with nothing coming out about it ever - simply to not embarass himself with his past naivity or to not make A's family look terrible while the girl's fate is still unknown...
If he had nothing to do with the disappearance and wasn't suspecting A's family then stuff like that could only bring harm to others, while not making him look better at all (likely even worse actually).

I read somewhere Rachel told her friends at Southwest High School she married TT so her Dad could be rich. IMO I think she married to help her Dad with DA to help talk her into it.
One more thing.
I'm surely way too much interested in Melvin while not sure about the accuracy of it.

But is it known who was actually there while Renee's dad was searching the SS for the girls and the car?
My notes are a complete mess but can someone clarify if:

1. Is that true that Renee's dad stated that DA was the only member of A's family who showed up at SS on the 23rd?
2. Is it known who actually physically was the first who spotted the Oldsmobile?
3. Was that same guy who claimed that Rachel told him about meeting with Melvin at school and accepting a diamond ring?
4. Who the hell was this F.?

I have a hard time believing Rachel would be so obliging to a father we've been told was so abusive. That's if she had any say in the matter. And if DA and Rachel were as close as DA  claims they were, I don't think DA would do that to Rachel. If she  did, some sister.
Not necessary obliging - could be scared, emotionally blackmailed, physically blackmailed, threatened. He had whole life to learn and master the skill of forcing her to do what he wanted.
When home is awful enough, the only thing the girl may need is to believe that guy she's going to be with is not as bad as that. No brainer if he actually appears to be pretty okay.

It's not like her choices were to either marry this guy who she doesn't love or want to be with (if she didn't) or stay at home, focus on school, get some nice part-time job and choose the right college.

I'm wondering if TT could have led people to believe that he was worth much more than what he really was.
At on point, thread 5, post #106, according to the V.I. Love trumps all TT from the start suspected DA's ex-boyfriend possibly for ransom.
So why would TT so quickly assume that this guy thought there was ransom money to be had?

On another note but regarding the same post after a ransom demand did not come TT then thought sex trafficking and "FA thought that too".
Does this mean he still thought the ex-boyfriend was involved in the sex trafficking? And if so does "FA thought so too" just mean she thought that it was sex trafficking or she also suspected the ex-boyfriend?

On another note but regarding the same post after a ransom demand did not come TT then thought sex trafficking and "FA thought that too".
Does this mean he still thought the ex-boyfriend was involved in the sex trafficking?
Is this the same guy DA tried to locate, after her divorce?
And if so does "FA thought so too" just mean she thought that it was sex trafficking or she also suspected the ex-boyfriend?
I know trafficking has been around for a looong time (and I've argued that on here), but now I'm curious what put that thought in  FA's head. It was mentioned way back there, as well as more recently-- as though she thought there was no other plausible explanation for the girls' disappearance...

Is this the same guy DA tried to locate, after her divorce?

I'm not sure. I've heard she made this claim.

I know trafficking has been around for a looong time (and I've argued that on here), but now I'm curious what put that thought in  FA's head. It was mentioned way back there, as well as more recently-- as though she thought there was no other plausible explanation for the girls' disappearance...

It's not my favorite one but I'm open to anything. We've heard Houston, Houston, Houston all these years, it's possible this has more to do with Dallas?

I'm not sure. I've heard she made this claim.
Could she have been trying to locate him because she thought he might know where the girls were? I cannot picture DA (or any reasonable human being) being romantically interested in a guy who was involved in trafficking her sister.
It's not my favorite one but I'm open to anything. We've heard Houston, Houston, Houston all these years, it's possible this has more to do with Dallas?
At one time, "the girls were trafficked" was my pet theory. But, at this point, it doesn't explain all the run-around of lies and alibis, and all-around  weirdness of this case. It doesn't explain TT's behavior, or the A family's behavior, or DJ's behavior. It doesn't explain the letter, or VB's changing statements. It just doesn't add up.

Could she have been trying to locate him because she thought he might know where the girls were? I cannot picture DA (or any reasonable human being) being romantically interested in a guy who was involved in trafficking her sister.

Or she never actually tried to locate him and just said she did to give the appearance that there's no reason why she shouldn't, maybe just more misdirection.

Or she never actually tried to locate him and just said she did to give the appearance that there's no reason why she shouldn't, maybe just more misdirection.
This would imply the possibilty that DA lied to DJ.

Well I wouldn't be shocked to hear DA lied!
I get that. I was just curious as to whether she (or anyone else in this case) would be more honest or forthcoming with a Private Investigator (especially one who "normally represented defendants") than with FWPD.

While we're on the subject of finances...Am I understanding correctly that TT never held a job, and was supported by his parents until they died? How did that work when he was married to ST?
Someone suggested on an earlier thread that TT's father handled his divorce, while he was in the Army. Wouldn't that have been shortly before he died? Who instituted the divorce proceedings? Did TT pay alimony or child support?

Those people sound so bizarre that attempts at figuring out why they thought something seem pointless.
Was this before she  met TT?
Their story allegedly says that 14yo Rachel got "attacked in the park and raped by an older guy" - does that mean older than her? Hard to imagine one younger.
No report filed that i know of. Considering what I read about filed reports they may just figure that there is no point cause nobody will get caught and kid will get traumatized further.
Story does not sound real to me cause it's almost too stereotypical but maybe they just decided to not disclose anything specific about the matter.

Their story allegedly says that 14yo Rachel got "attacked in the park
What park?
and raped by an older guy" - does that mean older than her? Hard to imagine one younger.
Possible, but not likely. Some rapists start young...
No report filed that i know of. Considering what I read about filed reports they may just figure that there is no point cause nobody will get caught and kid will get traumatized further.
Sadly, that makes sense.

IMO she would do anything for her Dad (Poor man drowning in debt and dying from cancer). Remember she was only 16 and needed her parents consent in writing to marry TT. IMO RA and DA loved their dear Old Dad. I can see Cotton saying this now. Honey if you don't marry TT your Mom will be homeless and on the streets Nooo way she can afford this rent on her own. All this stress on this poor little girls shoulders. Remember Rachel had been pregnant before she married TT so this little girl was growing up way too fast.
So shortly after an alleged rape (followed by pregnacy, followed by end of pregnancy)Rachel is theoretically "railroaded" into marrying a handsome, wealthy, young man with an already eventful past, who possibly  loves her, but definitely doesn't understand her.
Then you have DA to show her LiL sister how to make money and the ways of the world.
I doubt it was necessary for DA to do that...

Those people sound so bizarre that attempts at figuring out why they thought something seem pointless.
Their story allegedly says that 14yo Rachel got "attacked in the park and raped by an older guy" - does that mean older than her? Hard to imagine one younger.
Story does not sound real to me cause it's almost too stereotypical but maybe they just decided to not disclose anything specific about the matter.
Who would make up something like that?

I'm wondering if after moving in with Rachel and TT, DA had second thoughts about  her lot in life. It's one thing to claim an engagement wasn't "serious", and even to attend Rachel's and TT's wedding. It's another to be reminded  daily of what could've been yours (rent-free).
Everyone  says TT, DA, and Rachel were ok with the living arrangements, but what about that alleged "fight" at the bowling alley, shortly before the Trio went missing (the one no one ever elaborates on, but everyone refers to)?

Agreed. What was the fight at the BA all about? the threesome TT, RT and DA or something else? Any VI ever comment on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member