TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can think of that TT would suspect DA's ex-boyfriend is that Rachel must have known him. In fact I'll go a step more and say she must have had some kind of dealings with him or connections to him.
You're referring to EC (the biker)? How would Rachel have known him?
Is there a pattern here? I'm wondering if the whole Melvin story is just some kind of allegory of their lives. JMO.
I don't think so. Rachel's parents allegedly forbade her to continue seeing "Preacher Melvin", but practically  forced her to marry TT (supposedly).

Do we know it was actually him, and not his wife, who was the source of this?
He was named as the one who provided FA & CA with info about Rachel meeting Melvin at High School.
DA confirmed that he did and that Rachel told him.
No word about the exact circumstances that I know of.
Maybe he was picking up his kid/s or worked at School, stumbled on their meeting and confronted Rachel about it.
But as he was so close with Renee's dad, and significantly involved in search I'd expect him to provide more info about Melvin.

Was RW discussing Melvin publicly?

That being said, I spent this past weekend asking around to various people I know that were active in the business during the 60's through today and none of them recall Arnolds Transmission nor CA himself. Sorry this only adds mystery to an already convoluted story.
Not sure if CA was around in 60's.
I'm not 100% sure about it but it's possible that A's move into Fort Worth sometime in 1969(ish?) and were living in a different city, where their workshop&home burned.

Not sure if CA was around in 60's.
I'm not 100% sure about it but it's possible that A's move into Fort Worth sometime in 1969(ish?) and were living in a different city, where their workshop&home burned.
I saw a listing ( which you might also have seen) that indicated they lived in Newark 68/69 and that is where their home burnt down. I've not had too much luck with how long they were there, or where they and the business was before this though.

He may be our primary source but who was his source and when did he hear this? Before or after?

The only reason I can think of that TT would suspect DA's ex-boyfriend is that Rachel must have known him. In fact I'll go a step more and say she must have had some kind of dealings with him or connections to him. Is there a pattern here? I'm wondering if the whole Melvin story is just some kind of allegory of their lives. JMO.

I feel like they're trying to tell us a story in the first-person but they're really omniscient. They have the answers.
Funny you describe it as them telling a story because that is exactly how FA's notes about Melvin read. Her other notes are all scribbles and odd bits of info, yet the page about Melvin is neat, clear and isn't written as if she were given the info from a neighbour. Just my opinion of course

Thanks for explaining that (for those of us who don't bowl). But was mixed league always on Sunday, or was that just an example? Rachel went missing on a Tuesday. And what does "bowl a person blind that day" mean?
Mixed leagues are 7 days a week. Bowling blind means if the person doesn't show up you use that persons average score minus like 15 pins and just bowl with 3 people that evening.

What about Mondays then?
They were there together on Sunday, so was it another league match on Monday?
Bowling leagues are 7 days a week I just used Sunday as an example. Most bowling alleys had leagues from Monday through Friday and open bowling where anybody could bowl on Saturday and Sunday.

Bowling leagues are 7 days a week I just used Sunday as an example. Most bowling alleys had leagues from Monday through Friday and open bowling where anybody could bowl on Saturday and Sunday.
That's a pretty regular commitment. I'm assuming that anyone who knew Rachel  or TT very well would know about this. Was there an age requirement to be on the league?

You're referring to EC (the biker)? How would Rachel have known him?

Possibly through her sister could be how? I was just saying it's the only reason I can think of for TT to have suspected him so quickly but I probably should have said it's the first reason I think of.because there are others.

I don't think so. Rachel's parents allegedly forbade her to continue seeing "Preacher Melvin", but practically  forced her to marry TT (supposedly).

But I don't much believe the story, however a variation of it would be more likely to me. JMO.

Possibly through her sister could be how? I was just saying it's the only reason I can think of for TT to have suspected him so quickly but I probably should have said it's the first reason I think of.because there are others.
How soon after the girls went missing did TT voice that suspicion?
But I don't much believe the story, however a variation of it would be more likely to me. JMO.
Which story-Melvin or TT?

Funny you describe it as them telling a story because that is exactly how FA's notes about Melvin read. Her other notes are all scribbles and odd bits of info, yet the page about Melvin is neat, clear and isn't written as if she were given the info from a neighbour. Just my opinion of course
Never saw her notes about Melvin but this story sounds significantly different than all their other stories.
It made me extremely suspicious about both of their PI's cause this sounds crazier than anything.

At no point in Melvin's storyline we have people who interacted with "Melvin" previously making them able to confirm that's same creep - yet it's told with full confidence.
Not only DA herself wasn't aware that she spoke with this Melvin on the phone - no hints at her possibly figuring it out by herself, no hints that anyone made her aware of it at any point in time before questioning... yet it was somehow enough to imply that it makes her look suspicious.

So inability to recognise seen-only-once-before creep while he's pretending to be someone else on the phone is weird makes people suspicious?

It's like she had bunch of random info about creeps and got help from someone who kindly merged it together.

The bowling league is a contract. You sign up a team of 4 people 2 guys and 2 girls to bowl every Sunday at 6;30 for like 32 weeks. The same team of people bowl every week. Rachel was a member of a team with TT and two other people. There are NO invitations she is a member of the team. You signed a contract so if you don't show up to bowl you still have to Pay. If someone doesn't show up you can get a substitute or bowl that person blind for that day.
Mixed leagues are 7 days a week. Bowling blind means if the person doesn't show up you use that persons average score minus like 15 pins and just bowl with 3 people that evening.
Wow. Just... wow.
So there were at least two other people who had to be very close to TT & Rachel, knowng their habits and routines very well, cause their performance in the team depended on their shape, attendance and commitment to the game.
And plenty more from other teams meeting them on a daily basis. Wow.
Then how on Earth TT managed to not have like 20 whitnesses of his completely usual attendance and behaviour or lack of it?

Also bowling for 32 weeks straight yearly, daily... shouldn't they have like... their own balls? So TT showed up there with a kid in one hand and bowling ball in the other after taking 20ish minutes long walk like that?

I saw a listing ( which you might also have seen) that indicated they lived in Newark 68/69 and that is where their home burnt down. I've not had too much luck with how long they were there, or where they and the business was before this though.
On the other hand Newark is pretty close to Fort Worth... and a tiny city, which I don't expect as able to provide enough transmission and car repair business clients for such a business to go. People working in same business in Fort Worth should be at least vaguely aware of it's existence. Same general area and for sure they were operating in Fort Worth since at least 71, possibly 69.

Wow. Just... wow.
So there were at least two other people who had to be very close to TT & Rachel, knowng their habits and routines very well, cause their performance in the team depended on their shape, attendance and commitment to the game.
Then how on Earth TT managed to not have like 20 whitnesses of his completely usual attendance and behaviour or lack of it?

Also bowling for 32 weeks straight yearly, daily... shouldn't they have like... their own balls? So TT showed up there with a kid in one hand and bowling ball in the other after taking 20ish minutes long walk like that?
hahaha TT never walked anywhere in his life he was an only child and spoiled rotten IMO.

hahaha TT never walked anywhere in his life he was an only child and spoiled rotten IMO.
Well, I'm walking almost everywhere, day or night, wind or snow, but I wouldn't go to the bowling alley with kid in one hand and bowling ball in another if it was more than 100 yards away from my home. I'd just call someone to pick me up or ask for a lift.

Wow. Just... wow.
I wonder if they interacted with each other outside of bowling.
I've also wondered if his behavior that night (at the bowling alley) was unusual in any way. Did he seem distracted, or was he hyperfocused, etc?

So they lived/owned a home in Newark (which burned down), then moved to Fort Worth and rented a small house, which they bought after Rachel married TT.

For LE to never question the Lady who watched ST at the bowling alley for 40 years really makes me wonder if LE doesn't know exactly what happened BUT just can't prove it.
But there is also SM not questioned for years, VB not questioned thoroughly, security chief from Sears not contacted for years and their pleas for new whitnesses 25 years later.
Seems more like they failed by thinking that they knew what happened instead of really knowing, cause how they could be so sure that those people are unable to provide leads or statements that would allow them to prove somebody's guilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18