TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the articles made me wonder if it wasn't VB who reported seeing girls at the mall with someone (cause it was phrased so odd).
And it gives me an impression that there is actually no doubt about his whereabouts on that day as far as they are concerned, and that isn't something that points at him being involved but... If not then why make such a secret out of it?

On the other hand what reasons they could have to keep him out of the public slander for so many years?
DA & TT got it, and they had plenty of reasons to cover for them, yet they exposed a lot, RA said a lot, DJ said a lot. With VB it was just DJ's innuendo with the bizarre roadblock story.

One of the articles made me wonder if it wasn't VB who reported seeing girls at the mall with someone (cause it was phrased so odd).
Are you referring to the "witness" who called, spoke with CA, identifying everyone but  himself?
And it gives me an impression that there is actually no doubt about his whereabouts on that day as far as they are concerned, and that isn't something that points at him being involved but... If not then why make such a secret out of it?
Good question.
On the other hand what reasons they could have to keep him out of the public slander for so many years?
DA & TT got it, and they had plenty of reasons to cover for them, yet they exposed a lot, RA said a lot, DJ said a lot. With VB it was just DJ's innuendo with the bizarre roadblock story.
And who puts a roadblock just to ask few questions and leave?
Is that roadblock a fact?

I think its possible the 'roadblock' was blown out of proportion, and it was perhaps just a patrol car outside his home ( wherever that was) waiting for him getting home,due to Mr Wilson saying VB was his first thought as to who might be with the girls.
The first time I read about the roadblock was in DJ's notes, and we all can see how he likes sensationalise things.

Having said that, there are certainly questions that should be answered concerning VB, and his lack of exsistence in anyones recounting of both before and after the girls went missing. Even when not directly concerning the day of the disappearance VB has been absent from any shared memories of the neighbourhood friends, and conspicuous in his absence from memories soon after when he was supposedly living with TM. I hear alot about the girl (TS) who is as good as family to the Moseley kids, but nothing until very recently about VB who was' like a brother' to TM.

I think its possible the 'roadblock' was blown out of proportion, and it was perhaps just a patrol car outside his home ( wherever that was) waiting for him getting home,due to Mr Wilson saying VB was his first thought as to who might be with the girls.
That makes sense.
Having said that, there are certainly questions that should be answered concerning VB, and his lack of exsistence in anyones recounting of both before and after the girls went missing. Even when not directly concerning the day of the disappearance VB has been absent from any shared memories of the neighbourhood friends, and conspicuous in his absence from memories soon after when he was supposedly living with TM. I hear alot about the girl (TS) who is as good as family to the Moseley kids, but nothing until very recently about VB who was' like a brother' to TM.
Are you saying that except for on the 23rd, VB was a "nobody"?

Are you saying that except for on the 23rd, VB was a "nobody"?
No not at all, just that for some reason he isn't talked or reminisced about in the same way. We know just from Mr Wilson VB was a presence within that group, and I believe he was around, and was involved with the social goings on around Gordon, yet his name only started being mentioned in connection to what happened to the girls. Where is he/ his name when they are sharing memories of the times they hung out before the girls went missing? Is it a conscious thing he isn't mentioned?

No not at all, just that for some reason he isn't talked or reminisced about in the same way. We know just from Mr Wilson VB was a presence within that group, and I believe he was around, and was involved with the social goings on around Gordon, yet his name only started being mentioned in connection to what happened to the girls. Where is he/ his name when they are sharing memories of the times they hung out before the girls went missing? Is it a conscious thing he isn't mentioned?
VB was DA's age (19) much Older than TM. I think TM looked up to VB as the older wiser kid in the neighborhood. I asked TM if VB ever told him of the time he got caught by RW making out with Rachel at the party at RW's house months before the disappearance and TM said NO. If they were as close as TM talks Surely they would talk about girls and who they liked and who they wanted to get close to and those You won't believe what happened to me Moments.

VB was DA's age (19) much Older than TM. I think TM looked up to VB as the older wiser kid in the neighborhood. I asked TM if VB ever told him of the time he got caught by RW making out with Rachel at the party at RW's house months before the disappearance and TM said NO. If they were as close as TM talks Surely they would talk about girls and who they liked and who they wanted to get close to and those You won't believe what happened to me Moments.
I saw him say that but I thought that he was maybe not being truthful because he did know that VB knew everyone. Do you think that he's making up or exaggerating how close they were?
I did wonder when he couldn't recall where VB lived if they had been as close as he said, or if they had a different kind of association rather than friendship.

I saw him say that but I thought that he was maybe not being truthful because he did know that VB knew everyone. Do you think that he's making up or exaggerating how close they were?
I did wonder when he couldn't recall where VB lived if they had been as close as he said, or if they had a different kind of association rather than friendship.
IMO I think he looked up to the older guy BUT I think VB would a made out with RW behind TM's back ( You know what I mean we're close BUT not that close).

IMO I think he looked up to the older guy BUT I think VB would a made out with RW behind TM's back ( You know what I mean we're close BUT not that close).
Yeah I get what you mean, and reading some of the girls feelings about VB you could well be right.

I'm starting to think VB is looking a bit more suspicious. I did not realise he had a vehicle and access to an unoccupied house. It's a pity we don't know more about him or who he associated with.

Not sure what motive he would have for making three girls disappear, though.

VB was DA's age (19) much Older than TM. I think TM looked up to VB as the older wiser kid in the neighborhood. I asked TM if VB ever told him of the time he got caught by RW making out with Rachel at the party at RW's house months before the disappearance and TM said NO.
I thought the party had been held just one month prior. Also, I don't know how long Renee and TM had been dating, but wouldn't he have been present at that party?
If they were as close as TM talks Surely they would talk about girls and who they liked and who they wanted to get close to and those You won't believe what happened to me Moments.
You'd think.

I'm starting to think VB is looking a bit more suspicious. I did not realise he had a vehicle and access to an unoccupied house. It's a pity we don't know more about him or who he associated with.

Yep He's just another Rabbit Hole surrounding DA and TT (IMO). So many interesting characters in this BIG Mystery.

Their deaths may've been accidental.

IMO, TM might've given Renee that ring to "stake his claim", if you will. That might've been one way to encourage Renee's fidelity and send a message to VB to "back off".

If I was a detective in this case I'd be looking at the land and property still owned by the relatives of the missing girls 48 years later.
If I'm following you, what's that property currently being used for?

Yep He's just another Rabbit Hole surrounding DA and TT (IMO). So many interesting characters in this BIG Mystery.
Maybe he lived across the road with another mysterious character! Joking...I think! Though the fact two people connected to the Moseley family are cloaked in mystery is yet another interesting detail.

Are you referring to the "witness" who called, spoke with CA, identifying everyone but  himself?
Not sure and now I dont have access to the articles now.
Is that roadblock a fact?
No. No foreseen reason why there would be such roadblock. Even if there was a reason then:
1. Cops didn't appear to be so heavily involved in investigating the disappearance to expect such actions.
2. Roadblock would be just ridiculous way to catch a guy who's expected to head home. One disguised car parked nearby would be much more effective.
Maybe there was such car, or even cops car parked near the place where he was expected to show up while coming back from work (or from wherever he was), maybe he was briefly questioned... or maybe even thoroughly questioned. Maybe. It's possible, it even sounds likely, very likely actually - considering that Renee's dad suspected that they may be with him or that he may know something.
Roadblock sounds ridiculous. DJ emphasised on roadblock. Roadblock makes him appear much more suspicious than just some basic questioning. So IMO he clearly wanted VB to be seen as more suspicious than he appeared to be.

Wasn't he 18?
And Rachel's birthday are November 15th, so not months but weeks.

Now I'm thinking... maybe the reason why TM seemed to be so sure about lack of VB's involvement in the disappearance was that they both went to the mall with the girls, and they showed up for lunch, had that lunch together actually, with Julie's sister and her friend or just with the girls, but then parted ways while everything still seemed fine (VB and TM left together) Rachel, Renee and Julie stayed at the mall or headed somewhere... and the reason why they aren't coming forward with it was cause then somebody decided to keep them out of it (or didnt bother to question them thoroughly) and later, they didn't wanted to go through same that DA and TT did with their public perception?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back