TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

I always assumed they hit the Army/Navy store on the way to the mall. That's what most timelines seemed to imply.
Yes, that is correct, but there is no 100% firm evidence that they did go to the Mall. The trail of certainty runs cold after the trip to the Army/Navy store. I am of the opinion that the girls where at Rachel's house sometime around 12.00/12.30pm. There are witnesses that put them there. This would have been after they visited the Army/Navy store, IMO.

If they were abducted from the parking lot of the Mall, it would have had to have been after these 12.00/12.30pm sightings.

Yes, that is correct, but there is no 100% firm evidence that they did go to the Mall. The trail of certainty runs cold after the trip to the Army/Navy store. I am of the opinion that the girls where at Rachel's house sometime around 12.00/12.30pm. There are witnesses that put them there. This would have been after they visited the Army/Navy store, IMO.

If they were abducted from the parking lot of the Mall, it would have had to have been after these 12.00/12.30pm sightings.
Do you have a link to these sightings at Rachel's cuz I am not sure I have seen this before. I have seen the where they were witnessed at the mall.

Do you have a link to these sightings at Rachel's cuz I am not sure I have seen this before. I have seen the where they were witnessed at the mall.
I don't have any direct links to hand, unfortunately. In an earlier thread someone posted up the Missing Persons reports. With regards to Rachel, going from memory, it states she was last seen at the house at 12.00pm. I believe Tommy's first wife stated that she saw all three of them at the house around this time, also. She was picking up her child at the
at house. The Gone Cold podcast also mentions a 'credible' witness seeing all three at the house around this time.

I just don't know whether they had visited the Mall as this stage. Is it possible they already been to the Mall, or where they going to meet their friends there as arranged at 1.00pm ?

Last edited:
True. And if the car was planted there, it was by someone who knew they had plans for the mall. If it was planted, it also wasn't by someone who was concerned about any hair or prints left behind. So either someone not yet in the system, a pro at a wipe down, or a person whose hair or prints in Rachel's car wouldn't be suspicious in the first place.
It's interesting that the car was likely never processed, or if it was that was only after the car was removed form the scene and much potential evidence contaminated. That unintentional (or was it intentional) contamination reminds me of the same in the Springfield missing trio case. So much evidence contamination before the police investigated.

She was picking up her child at the
at house
I'd forgotten this detail. Do we know the age of the child? Because if Tommy had supposedly been dropped off by Rachel at work and was w/o a car, and Rachel was en route to get Renee, or Julie, or had both and was on the way to the A/N store...who was watching the child? If no one was, I can see that triggering a dust up initially directed at Rachel. Is it certain who lived with who? I also wonder if that child was old enough to talk, and if alive, to remember anything now.

I'm 70/30 they went to the mall, due to the sightings. But I suppose if it was a common t-shirt, another girl could have been seen that was misidentified as Renee. Harder to explain is Rachel's 'sighting' as my impression was the witness knew her, not just based on a description. But Julie might be overlooked, and if Rachel had gone to the mall the same week (is that known?) a witness after the fact could've gotten the day wrong.

Anyway, a witness at Rachel's house suggests they stopped there heading back out to the mall. To have lunch? To make phone calls re the party? Put away shopping bags to make room for more? Now I'm trying to find the map to see if that makes sense or would be doubling back in the wrong direction and/or wouldn't fit all of these excursions in the planned timeline of Renee being back by 4pm.

I realize this is Texas in the 70s, but is it thought these particular families were packing 24/7? I know the fathers staked out the car overnight with shotguns so they certainly knew their way around guns. I'm just thinking, if they were so accessible and part of an "at the ready" lifestyle, could this whole thing have started with an accident (fatal or not) that was then covered up?

I'd forgotten this detail. Do we know the age of the child? Because if Tommy had supposedly been dropped off by Rachel at work and was w/o a car, and Rachel was en route to get Renee, or Julie, or had both and was on the way to the A/N store...who was watching the child? If no one was, I can see that triggering a dust up initially directed at Rachel. Is it certain who lived with who? I also wonder if that child was old enough to talk, and if alive, to remember anything now.

I'm 70/30 they went to the mall, due to the sightings. But I suppose if it was a common t-shirt, another girl could have been seen that was misidentified as Renee. Harder to explain is Rachel's 'sighting' as my impression was the witness knew her, not just based on a description. But Julie might be overlooked, and if Rachel had gone to the mall the same week (is that known?) a witness after the fact could've gotten the day wrong.

Anyway, a witness at Rachel's house suggests they stopped there heading back out to the mall. To have lunch? To make phone calls re the party? Put away shopping bags to make room for more? Now I'm trying to find the map to see if that makes sense or would be doubling back in the wrong direction and/or wouldn't fit all of these excursions in the planned timeline of Renee being back by 4pm.

I realize this is Texas in the 70s, but is it thought these particular families were packing 24/7? I know the fathers staked out the car overnight with shotguns so they certainly knew their way around guns. I'm just thinking, if they were so accessible and part of an "at the ready" lifestyle, could this whole thing have started with an accident (fatal or not) that was then covered up?
I thought the first journey before the Army/Navy store was dropping off the stepson with his Mom?...It seems my recollections of the case may be off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50
Back