TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There have been some legitimate cases. I remember one case here a while ago where a young mum working very long hours as a doctor in a hospital, had to alter her child care schedule one day and being busy, tired, and stressed left her baby in the car forgetting she had to do day care drop off and the baby sadly died. She's not the only case like that, and it's why alterations in routine are the main risk factor for this happening.

Some suspect its also because babies' carseats are rear-facing for much longer now than they used to be, so even checking the rear-view won't remind you the baby is there. Its why the recommendation now is to keep your bag in the back with the baby so you have to look in the back.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Still. I respecfully say that I NEVER forgot I had a child, no matter how many hours I worked. Even when she was a baby that couldn't talk back I was talking to her wherever we were... in the car, in the bath, in the kitchen etc... I don't extend any excuses to those who forget their child is with them no matter what is going on. If you are that inattentive and forgetful, you don't need a dog let alone a child in my opinion.I don't want to come across as mean or unforgiving, but come on! My life WAS my child when she was growing up. I never ever forgot her. Again...not attacking the OP or anyone.

Still. I respecfully say that I NEVER forgot I had a child, no matter how many hours I worked. Even when she was a baby that couldn't talk back I was talking to her wherever we were... in the car, in the bath, in the kitchen etc... I don't extend any excuses to those who forget their child is with them no matter what is going on. If you are that inattentive and forgetful, you don't need a dog let alone a child in my opinion.I don't want to come across as mean or unforgiving, but come on! My life WAS my child when she was growing up. I never ever forgot her. Again...not attacking the OP or anyone.

Exactly! I constantly talked to her and I always played sing along songs in the car even when she was a baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm sorry,,, nice article but I still NEVER forgot my child.... EVER. No Excuses. Period. In My Opinion. I was a single Mother who worked two full time jobs and still never forgot my child. No pass and no Go Forward. If I could do it than so can Everyone Else....IMO

i'm sorry,,, nice article but I still NEVER forgot my child.... EVER. No Excuses. Period. In My Opinion. I was a single Mother who worked two full time jobs and still never forgot my child. No pass and no Go Forward. If I could do it than so can Everyone Else....IMO

Well, that's great. Good for you! But it can be a legitimate accident for some parents who obviously make a mistake, that they then have to live with for the rest of their lives. I feel nothing but sorrow for such parents. I can also say I never did it with my kids either, but there but for the grace of god go I, as they say.

(Obviously this isn't applicable in this specific case. Many 'leave kids in the car' cases aren't accidental or even close. That I do not deny)

It happens though, totally accidentally. I'm glad it never happened to you but these parents (legit accidents) suffer the rest of their lives. I cannot judge them.

I was just looking at Bishop's (10 yo with invention) page and one woman made a comment that she unknowingly left her son in her car in 2001 and he died, she was absolutely moved by Bishop's effort. Just reading her words 16 years after the fact shook me.

OT....My 5 year old child separated from me in Disneyworld years ago. We would stop for me to look at the map and calculate our path forward. Well, we stopped, I put both hands on the map, she said oh mom look and she took a few steps. The herds of people walking by came between us. She apparently took steps, I took steps, but not towards each other. I was screaming for her in a blood curdling howl.. The panic, the fear, the anxiety, beyond what words can describe....but I still get that anxious rush just talking about it. Park personnel rushed to me, assured me they would find her and sure enough, she was about 40 feet away. A family swooped her up and was waiting with her near a tree. Honest accident but one that many would cast their judgment against. I lost my kid for about 6 minutes, and maybe it wasn't even that long, but in the moment, it felt like she was gone forever.

I have such deep sympathy and sorrow for those who make the honest, yet fatal mistake with their children. No one is perfect. We are creatures of habit and routine. How many times do you realize you were in auto-pilot, and you make it to your destination, but knowing you weren't laser focused on every moment of the drive. Or, you leave work and know you need to go to a different destination, but out of habit, you start your normal route home only to have to turn around.

I didn't for one minute believe the story she told, but can't even comprehend that fact that she left them in there for punishment. In a hot car, in Tx. Wonder how many times she has kept them in the car before. I have no words.

I didn't for one minute believe the story she told, but can't even comprehend that fact that she left them in there for punishment. In a hot car, in Tx. Wonder how many times she has kept them in the car before. I have no words.
I have plenty of words. Right now I'm choking on them because I am struggling to keep them in.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Hey - thanks for the updated article.

So she is sitting in jail; I hate it when they don't tell us "when" the next court date is.... I'd like to follow this case all the way thru.

Anyone "seen" a date? TIA!

JUSTICE for JULIET & CAVANAUGH! :rose:

:judge:

Oh my gosh. I left this one in my subscriptions but it had kind of fallen out of view. So glad I kept it or I might have lost track of the case permanently

I hope she rots in the worst jail cell until it's time for her to rot in hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I don't get. This case linked above---2 kids, same age as the Ramirez toddlers---left in the car for 15 hours---temp that morning rose to 92'. AND YET those babies were still alive but unconscious after 15 hours.

WHY did the Ramirez kids die after 15 minutes, supposedly?

Looks like this was a valid question. It did always bother me that the story made no sense. But still hard to believe anyone could be so cruel and callous as that. :rose: :rose:

That doesn't seem like Texas justice. Didn't that *fill in the blank* in Georgia recently get a much stiffer sentence for basically the same thing? Seems like premeditated murder to me.

That doesn't seem like Texas justice. Didn't that *fill in the blank* in Georgia recently get a much stiffer sentence for basically the same thing? Seems like premeditated murder to me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...hot-car-as-a-lesson-now-shes-going-to-prison/

This article says the jury found that she didn’t act with criminal intent.

It’s shocking to me that they couldn’t see criminal intent in her actions. Definitely not what we’re used to from Texans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back