TX - Juliet & Cavanaugh Ramirez, die in hot car, Weatherford, 26 May 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well, she did say she was looking for them that whole time ...

Well, my 4 year old nephew plays hide and seek in the house with lots of places to hide, but his ability to hide isn't exactly what I would call clever. He's pretty easy to find within 30 seconds or less. And he just started to be able to climb into the car on his own (any car) in the past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My youngest could open up the front doors on our mini van when he was 20 months old or so. (This is the wild child I have tons of stories about.) He was even determined enough to figure out what key went into the ignition. How do I know? My husband was working under the hood of the van with several people around and baby boy opened the door and got in the driver's seat. No big deal as he was contained and easily seen. My husband took my keys out and let him play drive. What he didn't know is I had the spare keys in the van and that little stinker found the right key, put it in the ignition and turned it to accessory and put it in reverse. HORRIFYING!! Here is what ended up happening.
Thomas' 1st wreck.jpg
We sold the van, got one with shift lock and added never letting a child play in a vehicle no matter what to our ever growing list of things we needed to do to keep this child alive. So, I can understand how these 2 could get into the vehicle on their own. The story may not turn out to be what happened, but I do wholeheartedly believe it is plausible and I am assuming mom spent the 15 minutes looking for them. Yes, I would have called LE before then, but it sounds like the children were mimicking what they see by getting in the vehicle with the keys and phone. (I want this to be what happened because my heart cannot take another parent intentionally harming their children.)

All 4 year olds are different, but my 4 year old sucks at hide and seek (he will hide behind a lamp that he is taller than, or under the table clear as day-usually while giggling) and cannot open the car door without help. Further, once in the car, he has trouble closing the door without help, for fear that he will get his fingers smashed.

Well, my 4 year old nephew plays hide and seek in the house with lots of places to hide, but his ability to hide isn't exactly what I would call clever. He's pretty easy to find within 30 seconds or less. And he just started to be able to climb into the car on his own (any car) in the past year.

Please do not throw stones at me about the above story. I am the mom who put her child on a leash (that didn't work because he was too strong and determined and could break out of it). I brought a long sleeve sweater with me so I could tie him into the grocery cart because he would wiggle out of the belt constantly stand up if not. I also put locks up on the top of any door that led outside because he learned to open them by 12 months also. When I say there was a list of things to keep this child alive, I meant it. Some children are just bent on putting their parents into cardiac arrest and for some reason, God thought I should be blessed with one. Thank goodness we all made it through it.

Please do not throw stones at me about the above story. I am the mom who put her child on a leash (that didn't work because he was too strong and determined and could break out of it). I brought a long sleeve sweater with me so I could tie him into the grocery cart because he would wiggle out of the belt constantly stand up if not. I also put locks up on the top of any door that led outside because he learned to open them by 12 months also. When I say there was a list of things to keep this child alive, I meant it. Some children are just bent on putting their parents into cardiac arrest and for some reason, God thought I should be blessed with one. Thank goodness we all made it through it.

That is so true about all children being so different. My son was cautious, calm, and stuck to me like my shadow. It was quite a shock when we had our daughter---LOL----she ran everywhere, jumped headfirst into things, climbed the furniture endlessly, learned to open locked windows and tried squirming out as a toddler, would walk over to other families birthday parties at the park, and 'invite herself' to their celebration...SO different than our calm, tame, reserved first born ...

I still can't see a 16 month old being able to get into the car.

I don't see that either. I wish we knew what kind of vehicle and how old the 2 yr old was, in months. was she almost 3, and able to put the 16 month old up into the seat?

I am wondering if she might have gone to sleep with them, when they napped? I will admit that when my 2nd baby was an infant, I would sometimes sleep when both were napping. And it did happen a couple of times that I woke up, only to see my 4 yr old playing on the floor with legos, while the baby and I were asleep. :eek:
This is a good point. I don't think it's wrong to nap with your kids, but for goodness sake, at least make sure you're securely in the house!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Also per link-
According to investigators, the mother told them she found her two children in the car holding her cellphone and car keys.

Wow...that's convenient.
OK. I don't believe any of this!!! No possible way.

OK. I don't believe any of this!!! No possible way.

I just cannot decide. When I first read about this, I questioned how the children could have been out of sight for so long, then I started thinking well, I guess she could have been looking. Now, I am at the point I so badly want it to be an accident that it is most likely clouding my judgement.

Here is a video that shows the vehicle, and shows how far it is from the home too. :thinking:

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/27/2-children-found-dead-in-hot-car-in-texas/

It makes me a bit more suspicious of the story. If you have 2 very young children playing in the house, how long before you check on them?

A 2 yr old and a 16 month child need CONSTANT SUPERVISION. I might run to the bathroom or put the casserole in the oven---but I am going to be back looking at them within a very few minutes. And LISTENING to them while I am away. When my 2 yr old grand baby stops babbling/singing or making noises, I am instantly checking to see why.

Looking at the video, the car was pretty far away from the home. How long would it take for 2 toddlers to grab the cell and the keys, toddle down a long driveway to the side of the road, get the door open, climb inside, close that door, lock it, and then be there long enough to actually die?

And where the car was parked, hard to believe it would not be locked up. It wasn't right in the driveway.

I think there are a few things missing from the story...

Here is a video that shows the vehicle, and shows how far it is from the home too. :thinking:

It makes me a bit more suspicious of the story. If you have 2 very young children playing in the house, how long before you check on them?

A 2 yr old and a 16 month child need CONSTANT SUPERVISION. I might run to the bathroom or put the casserole in the oven---but I am going to be back looking at them within a very few minutes. And LISTENING to them while I am away. When my 2 yr old grand baby stops babbling/singing or making noises, I am instantly checking to see why.

Looking at the video, the car was pretty far away from the home. How long would it take for 2 toddlers to grab the cell and the keys, toddle down a long driveway to the side of the road, get the door open, climb inside, close that door, lock it, and then be there long enough to actually die?

And where the car was parked, hard to believe it would not be locked up. It wasn't right in the driveway.

These kids didn't get into the car by themselves.

I think an autopsy would show how long they were in the car, wouldn't it?

yeah sure seems like a coverup of something
If this does turn out to be accidental, I doubt she will ever forgive herself
but I just canèt see it

I'm wondering if she forgot them in the car. Perhaps she went grocery shopping and then unloaded the groceries at home with the babies still in the car. Wondering what the ME will say as far as how long those babies were in the car, or how long they had been dead. Thinking of scenarios where she didn't purposely murder her children. Although that is a possibility.

One of the main things missing is THE TRUTH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back