GUILTY TX - Justin and Jame Burns, (father and grandmother) charged with kidnapping two sisters, McKinney, 19 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good Lord, please find these children!

JAN 20, 2023
[...]

... Justin, who has an open felony drug possession case in Dallas, is thought to be involved as well and has been arrested on two counts of kidnapping.

[...]

According to a grand jury indictment from July of last year, Jame was expected to appear in court today on two charges of child endangerment related to an incident on Sept. 17, 2021 when she allegedly exposed JeB, JesB, and another child to methamphetamine. The arresting officer's report claims that Jame attempted to take the girls and flee when police arrived on scene.

[...]

Records obtained by NBC 5 show Jame Burns was free on bonds totaling $3,000 after being accused in 2021 of criminal negligence, abandoning/endangering a child and possession of a controlled substance of less than one gram. She was scheduled to appear Friday, Jan. 20, for a plea deal on the child endangerment case but did not show up, officials said.

In that case, police say they were called to Burns’s Allen home for a possible disturbance involving methamphetamine when she tried to flee with her three young granddaughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping they'd have been found overnight.

I wonder if the "third sister" is in a different foster care situation, and so her visitation with Dad didn't work out as a whole family visit due to logistics/scheduling?

Have continued to get Amber Alerts for these two sweet little ones - I’m in ATX. Sounds like they’ve already been through a lot in their little lives and it breaks my heart - we see this generation to generation drug abuse, LE encounters etc and it makes me feel like these kids have such little chance of changing the dynamic. I hope not only that they’re found quickly and safe but that they are given the chance to break the cycle and live a life free from the familial abuses. For what it’s worth, grandma Jame looks scary as all get out. That shot of her (mugshot?) is….yikes. If she’s smoking meth and who knows what else, god only knows what she might be capable of in a meth-induced state. MOO.

JAN 20, 2023
[...]

Todd Shapiro, who is a Collin County attorney, is not connected to this case. But, he has taken on a number of CPS cases. He tells WFAA supervised visits are just part of the path to reunifying the family.

"Whatever family law courts decides is the right plan it usually comes from the plans that CPS puts in place," said Shapiro.

Supervised visits are some of the first steps before reunification in the event the parents have lost custody of the children. CPS would not elaborate on the custodial cases of JesB and JeB Shapiro says supervised visits will ultimately graduate to unsupervised visits. Supervised visits come with strict parameters set by a judge about when and where to meet. It's unclear if all the parameters were followed on Thursday.

"Somebody was there watching this dinner that had to have vetted or done a background check on grandma and on dad and was okay with them getting together. My question is, how did they turn their back? How did they not see what was going on for enough time to allow grandma to get both girls to get in a vehicle and abduct them?" asked Shapiro.

[...]

I can't believe there is no current news on this situation. The kidnapper doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box and is probably high on meth. The "father" is in police custody, but I'm guessing he's not willing to help LE rescue his daughters from danger. Disgusting.

I don't get the impression the grandmother would be headed to Mexico, but who knows? How do people like this disappear when every cop in Texas is looking for them? I received three Amber Alerts on my phone in less than 24 hours, but nothing since yesterday afternoon. MOO

TYSM, Corrupted. I don't know what to think here. Dad looks super happy in what appears to be a Christmas visit with the girls. Girls look happy and healthy. Grandma even looks good compared to the photos of her being published in MSM. What the heck happened to this family? Is this all the result of drugs? So tragic. I pray they're found soon and that sister #3 is in a safe and loving environment. MOO

TYSM, Corrupted. I don't know what to think here. Dad looks super happy in what appears to be a Christmas visit with the girls. Girls look happy and healthy. Grandma even looks good compared to the photos of her being published in MSM. What the heck happened to this family? Is this all the result of drugs? So tragic. I pray they're found soon and that sister #3 is in a safe and loving environment. MOO
It’s weird. Dad is still posting too. Meth has not been kind to them, I guess. So worried about these girls. I keep getting Amber Alerts. :(

<modsnip: no source link to verify information stated as fact> So sad jmoo

JAN 20, 2023
[...]

Todd Shapiro, who is a Collin County attorney, is not connected to this case. But, he has taken on a number of CPS cases. He tells WFAA supervised visits are just part of the path to reunifying the family.

"Whatever family law courts decides is the right plan it usually comes from the plans that CPS puts in place," said Shapiro.

Supervised visits are some of the first steps before reunification in the event the parents have lost custody of the children. CPS would not elaborate on the custodial cases of Jessica and Jennifer Burns. Shapiro says supervised visits will ultimately graduate to unsupervised visits. Supervised visits come with strict parameters set by a judge about when and where to meet. It's unclear if all the parameters were followed on Thursday.

"Somebody was there watching this dinner that had to have vetted or done a background check on grandma and on dad and was okay with them getting together. My question is, how did they turn their back? How did they not see what was going on for enough time to allow grandma to get both girls to get in a vehicle and abduct them?" asked Shapiro.

[...]
To be fair, the social workers who supervise these visits may not be able to physically stop an abduction. They certainly aren't all burly men who can put up a fight. They can try their best to talk the abductor down & regain control of the children. If unsuccessful the best thing they can do is call 911. These visitations take place with noncustodial parent's all the time. Most visitations go well. This case is one of those horrible exceptions IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back