TX TX - Katy, Wht/HispFem 25-35, UP6774, Mickey Mouse tattoo, Dec'09 *GRAPHIC*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got a quick response the second time around.

Sadly I do not know her; however that jacket she is wearing is not the normal letter jacket in that photo. I believe if i can remember correctly it was for something to do with the athletics department possibly like the dance classes or any number of the sports. My year book has one of the faculty in that jacket and they were a coach.

Hope this helps!

I replied back with the following message:

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what her actual jacket looked like. I don't have a photo of it, and the one depicted in the reconstruction is probably not like the actual one she was wearing. Since I couldn't find any examples on the net of an Elkins High letter jacket, I just used a standard Elkins High windbreaker that was offered online.

Just for clarification - you mentioned your yearbook. Are you saying that you looked through the yearbook, and could not find anyone that looks like this woman (10 years younger)?

Hopefully, she (and a few others) can take a good look through the yearbook and if they can't find anyone that resembles her, we can probably go toward the theory that she was wearing someone else's jacket.

I wonder if she didn't cross from Mexico. I know they list her as white, but I think she could be hispanic as well.

I am thinking based on her high and wide cheekbones that she may be part Native American, rather than Hispanic. IMO, something about her doesn't quite look Hispanic, although she clearly looks to be of mixed race.

BTW, one of the recipients of my second round of messages was a Caucasion looking woman with a Native American name.

I found this recent article - Dr. Sharon Derrick of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is still asking for the public's help in identifying this woman. The one-year anniversary of her death is coming up at the end of this month.

http://texascrimenews.com/unidentified-victim-dr-sharon-derrick-needs-your-help-p155-68.htm

There is not too much new in this article, except that it says that she had "shoulder length brown hair that has a slight to moderate wave", which is not apparent in the postmortem photos.

I figured that this was a good excuse to revise this reconstruction (which I never was satisfied with before). I spent a little more time on it, and I think it's much better.

c5b8f44b-a7c1-4ebf-95e9-9d77af52c6df.jpg

I e-mailed Dr. Derrick to ask if they had photos of her jacket, since the one that I depicted is probably not the same type as the one that she was wearing. She replied that they are not able to release any additional info or photos other than what they have already released.

Thanks soooo much for this update CarlK - I keep checking back for news and thought I'd missed something (like maybe she was way back in the identified section). I can't believe it's been almost an entire year. Thanks again for posting about this woman.

a few thoughts.

Elkins High School - as per Wikipedia, there are three high schools named Elkins, one in Missouri City, TX, another in Elkins, WV and a third in Elkins, AR. Logically the one closest to where the victim died is most likely where the jacket came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkins_High_School

If she were an alumna of the nearby Elkins HS, you would think she would have had family ties to the area and someone would have missed her right away. Even had she had a steady job, co-workers are often the first to call the police when their co-worker fails to show up to work and they can't get them on the phone. This makes me think she did not have a steady job in the area.

Not trashing this woman at all, I wonder what is in the vicinity that she would have been walking to or from. Others have mentioned the Katy Rehabilitation Hospital. this is their website:

http://katyrehabilitationhospital.com/

Their services include alcohol and drug addiction services. This makes me wonder whether she was in a program at the hospital and walked out. I assume patient confidentiality rules apply to the living but I would hope that LE took her picture there and asked whether she was a patient.

That could provide an explanation as to why she was there and that the jacket might not even have been hers from Elkins HS, rather some extra clothes they had on hand for their patients to wear.

Interesting thoughts, webrocket. But I don't think she was a patient at that center and here's why: The facility in Katy is for physical rehab (for patients with good insurance). A social worker (and the rest of the team) would have noticed quickly that she had disappeared/dropped out from the program.

The alcohol and drug treatment facility is located about 20 minutes east of Katy. And this woman would have had some stellar insurance and/or been cash pay to have been there. Believe me, she would have been missed if she had left either of these facilities, esp the alcohol and drug rehab one. (I used to work for this hospital system and it was darn near impossible to admit people to the alcohol/drug rehab - like seriously hard to do insurance-wise).

Now, if she had gone missing from the county system, absolutely. But a Memorial-Hermann rehab facility? Unlikely.

I did not realize that this facility only took the well insured.

I was looking over the links on this thread and unless I totally missed it, there is no time of day listed for the accident that killed her.

I am still trying to figure out why she was there. If she was not a patient at the hospital, I don't know what else is there. I looked at google street view and it S. Mason Road was three lanes in each direction with mostly fast food restaurants on each side. in other words, nothing.

at first I thought I might see some cheap motels which would give a much more transient feel to the case. I saw none right there on the main road, but I did not look at any of the major cross roads.

link
link

Height: 5 ft., 6 in.
Weight: 175 lbs.
Race: Caucasian
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Red

Kellie "Wednesday" Hall, a native of Beaumont, Tex., and recent resident of Austin, has been missing since the evening of April 25 (2009). Her vehicle, a gold-colored late ‘90s Chrysler Cirrus mid-size sedan, was found in the parking lot of a Waffle House restaurant on Ben White Blvd., near the intersection of Highway 183 and Riverside Drive in southeast Austin. A missing persons report for Kellie has been filed with the Austin Police Department.

Attachments

• kj8r0m-kj8r0a0506kellihall.jpg
    kj8r0m-kj8r0a0506kellihall.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 100
tamar,
Have you compared her to the original postmortem photo? That would be the ideal way of comparing them. Those photos are not at all gruesome. It appears the woman is asleep. If you care to take a look it is in the link below. The nose and forehead are very prominent features and in my opinion, they do not work. Also note the ears.
*article with postmortem photo below*
http://texascrimenews.com/unidentified-victim-dr-sharon-derrick-needs-your-help-p155-68.htm:twocents:

link
link

Height: 5 ft., 6 in.
Weight: 175 lbs.
Race: Caucasian
Eye color: Brown
Hair color: Red

Kellie "Wednesday" Hall, a native of Beaumont, Tex., and recent resident of Austin, has been missing since the evening of April 25 (2009). Her vehicle, a gold-colored late ‘90s Chrysler Cirrus mid-size sedan, was found in the parking lot of a Waffle House restaurant on Ben White Blvd., near the intersection of Highway 183 and Riverside Drive in southeast Austin. A missing persons report for Kellie has been filed with the Austin Police Department.

Their ears are quite different. Jane Doe's earlobes appear to have more droop, and the posterior aspect of her ear is more concave.

none of the suggested matches are very convincing ,yet I noticed that she wasn't on the "rule out" list, which seemed odd, because her of her demographics, so I thought I'd throw her into the mix.

I'll keep searching.

I find this totally odd that with such a clear face shot, no one locally can identify her.

I still think if she had a steady job, her co-workers would have reported her missing so I don't think she had a full time job. If she really went to Elkins HS, I think someone would have kept in touch with her and would have noticed she stopped communicating.

another thing crossed my mind, and maybe I'm applying a totally different mindset to this. around here, there is no such thing as a self-help eviction. so before a landlord can remove a tenant's property or change a lock for that matter, the LL needs a court order of eviction. If this woman had an apt, a LL would have had a tenant who vanished overnight. not that a LL has an obligation to call the police, but if a tenant suddenly left an apt with all her belongings behind, there might have been a court record of a LL seeking to obtain possession of the unit.

even assuming that happened, and even assuming eviction records were publicly available, we would not know what name to look for. Presumably an eviction complaint (or a suit for possession, however it is called), would not have been filed until after January's rent went unpaid.

the only other thing is whether there was a homeless shelter nearby that she might have called home. if she was homeless, the jacket being from Elkins HS might be purely a coincidence.

I decided to do a recon of the side view also.

9e105d25-587e-487f-8054-33dfa84a244b.jpg

CarlK90245,

You do amazing work - what a gift!! Local media will be doing a story soon, but can't use the actual photo of the victim on the air. If we can get approval, would it be ok to use your reconstruction photos?

Also...here's a case update:

- longtime coaches and staff of Elkins did not recognize the victim
- there have been no hits in Texas with the fingerprints, dna or dental
- management & staff of nearby apartment complexes did not recognize victim
- nearby tattoo studio stated her Mickey Mouse tattoo was not done at their facility, however, it appears to be very new (4-6 wks)

Thanks for the great work y'all are doing!

Barbara

I decided to do a recon of the side view also.

9e105d25-587e-487f-8054-33dfa84a244b.jpg

CarlK90245,

You do amazing work - what a gift!! Local media will be doing a story soon, but can't use the actual photo of the victim on the air. If we can get approval, would it be ok to use your reconstruction photos?

Also...here's a case update:

- longtime coaches and staff of Elkins did not recognize the victim
- there have been no hits in Texas with the fingerprints, dna or dental
- management & staff of nearby apartment complexes did not recognize victim
- nearby tattoo studio stated her Mickey Mouse tattoo was not done at their facility, however, it appears to be very new (4-6 wks)

Thanks for the great work y'all are doing!

Barbara

Yes, you may use the reconstructions.

Great job everyone!!!! Quick question - do we know exactly "where" she was killed? All of the media reports seem sort of vague. They all mention the "900 block" of S. Mason Road. I think it would be very helpful to know what business she might have been going to, or coming from. How did she get there? Is there a bus stop close by? Was a car ever found abandoned?? There is an interesting little business that sells "smoking supplies", "adult novelites", and "tattoo supplies" at 920-A S. Mason Rd, Katy, TX. I wonder if they were ever shown her picture and asked if they remembered her coming in.

Great job everyone!!!! Quick question - do we know exactly "where" she was killed? All of the media reports seem sort of vague. They all mention the "900 block" of S. Mason Road.

0.1 miles south of Cimarron Parkway

I'd still love to know what time of the day the accident happened. that might shed some light on what businesses were open but like I said from looking at google maps, it looks like mostly fast food restaurants.

I'd still love to know what time of the day the accident happened. that might shed some light on what businesses were open but like I said from looking at google maps, it looks like mostly fast food restaurants.

http://texascrimenews.com/unidentified-victim-dr-sharon-derrick-needs-your-help-p155-68.htm

This article states:
"On December 29, 2009, at approximately 8:30pm, a white female was crossing the street in the 900 block of S. Mason Rd. when she was struck by a 2002 Dodge Ram pickup."

Great job everyone!!!! Quick question - do we know exactly "where" she was killed? All of the media reports seem sort of vague. They all mention the "900 block" of S. Mason Road. I think it would be very helpful to know what business she might have been going to, or coming from. How did she get there? Is there a bus stop close by? Was a car ever found abandoned?? There is an interesting little business that sells "smoking supplies", "adult novelites", and "tattoo supplies" at 920-A S. Mason Rd, Katy, TX. I wonder if they were ever shown her picture and asked if they remembered her coming in.

There is a Firebird Tattoo Studio at 930 S Mason Rd, #C.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-3975306...6ZcPHaZ1ssRGN4rMFMmqHNcIF;_ylv=3?csz=Katy,+TX

But one would think that if they asked around at the local tattoo parlors, this would have been the first one that they went to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back