GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who says neighbors didn't hear gunshots? At least one says he did. Here is the article. Neighbor heard multiple gun shots 3-4 am in the morning. He didn't confuse them with thunder. But apparently didn't contact police about it-even though it "kind of struck him as odd."

"Mike Griffith says he heard multiple gunshots around 3 or 4 o’clock Saturday morning from his house — which is behind the McLelland’s. Sources say the gun used is a semi-automatic similar to an AR-15. Griffith says, “There’s no mistaking that sound. It kind of struck me as odd, so many shots and loud.”"
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/01/neighbor-found-body-of-district-attorneys-wife-called-911/

Okay, I don't get this. Yes, there was thunder on both days as I recall. But what the crap? If I lived behind the DA and everyone here knows that the Asst. DA was killed, if I heard gun shots I'd dang be calling the sheriff just to make sure nothing was amiss.

Yes, I hear gun shots frequently but they come from the woods or fields. Not at the house behind me that the DA just happens to live at!!!

I don't get the neighbor either. He claims he heard multiple shots at 3-4 am -who is going to be hunting or target shooting at that time?

And I tell you what....if I were that chick they picked to replace him...whoa nellie. I'd probably shoot someone on accident cause I was so paranoid!!

The withdrawal of the prosecutor (if I read that correctly, above) means that they've won. They, the bad guys, the Aryan Brotherhood, have won.

This will only encourage more killings, I think.

Dammit. The good guys are being killed, and no one seems to be able to catch/stop them; at least not yet. This could go on for a while, I think.

Prayers of safety and courage to all those targeted.

Best-
Herding Cats

I live in another small town in this same area - my neighbors both shoot guns all the time. It would not strike me as odd to hear gunshots, they could be shooting at a coyote or other predator. Not saying I like it, just saying I can see why the gentleman behind didn't report it.

Such a scary and sad time for this area.

I have to think that the Kaufman DA murders are related to the ABT indictments in Houston. The ABT perps in Houston must think that someone in Kaufman County is behind their indictments.

CBS 11 News has learned a tip led investigators to an area just down the street from where the Kaufman County District Attorney and his wife were murdered. The tip suggests the suspect or suspects may have been conducting surveillance in the days before the deadly shooting.

While investigators aren’t talking, CBS 11 has learned that neighbors reported seeing a suspicious vehicle parked at that same corner, the week before the McLellands’ were shot and killed in their home.

Residents, who didn’t want to talk on camera for fear of their own safety, said they saw an older, beaten-up white-colored SUV parked at the corner for four days and that there appeared to be four men inside the vehicle.

More at the link:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/02/cbs-11-obtains-exclusive-kaufman-county-murder-information/

Investigators have been interviewing members of the prison gang known as the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, but officials said that they have found no evidence linking the killings to the gang and that they were viewing its potential involvement as one of a number of possibilities. They have also talked to a former justice of the peace who was sentenced last April to two years’ probation and fined $2,500 for stealing computer monitors from a county office in 2011. Mr. McLelland and Mr. Hasse were both involved in that case.

One of the man’s lawyers, David K. Sergi, said that his client had submitted to a gun residue test after Mr. Hasse’s killing and again on Saturday night after the shootings of the McLellands. He said that his client had nothing to do with either shooting, and he asked that the man’s name be withheld out of concern for his safety.

Officials were also looking into a Facebook posting from a person who said he was a county resident named Bob Miller, who wrote on Monday that the killings were “acts of revenge against the tyrannical, unjust, Pit Bull style treatment of every poor soul damned to do business in the Kaufman County courthouse.” He named another prosecutor in the office, and added that he expected that that person “will soon perish, bringing closure to an era of unacceptable practices and allowing Kaufman County residents to move forward with liberty and justice.”

More at the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/03/us/inquiry-into-deaths-of-two-texas-prosecutors-is-broad.html

'Person of interest' emerges in slayings of Texas prosecutors

By Richard A. Serrano
April 2, 2013, 2:26 p.m.

[Update, 8:43 p.m., April 2: David Sergi, an attorney for the person of interest, said his client denies making threats against the prosecutors and that he was interviewed by authorities Saturday night and agreed to a gunpowder residue test. He also said that prosecutors, not his client, had sought a plea deal. As for threatening for burn down a house, Sergi said a heated conversation his client had with an attorney, not a local official, had been “way overstated.”]

WASHINGTON -- Officials investigating the deaths of two prosecutors in Kaufman County, Texas, have turned their attention to a former local official there who lost his job in a corruption probe and had allegedly made several threats against the two victims, according to a federal law enforcement official who has been briefed on the case.

The local official was arrested for alleged possession of stolen property after he was caught on surveillance cameras, the source said.

He apparently sought to work a plea deal but did not prevail, and since losing his job has issued a number of threats, including retaliation against the two prosecutors who were killed in Kaufman County. They were the ones who prosecuted him.

Read more: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...-prosecutors-killing-20130402,0,7251492.story

Jay Hileman, Federal Prosecutor, Leaves Aryan Brotherhood Case Amid 'Security Concerns': Report

A federal prosecutor has reportedly left a case involving members of the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas citing "security concerns."

The Dallas Morning News reports that Houston-based assistant U.S. attorney Jay Hileman told defense lawyer Richard O. Ely II that he was withdrawing in an email.

Ely is representing one of the defendants in the case, which involves racketeering charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/jay-hileman-texas-aryan-brotherhood_n_3002012.html

I don't think "the intruder being shot in Colorado" is related to this one.....

I don't think "the intruder being shot in Colorado" is related to this one.....

Sorry Darkman - That was a mistake....I meant to post that under Tom Clements' thread so I deleted it. Thanks!

(Is it obvious that I'm half asleep lol?)

This is so scary. I'm sure glad I don't have any family working in any type of LE/DA capacity anywhere in this state. There is a jail break from yesterday that has had me wondering if it could be related . Probably not, but it's curious. IDK how it could be related but its' odd.
This AB is serious business and it needs to be mentioned that they do not only operate within the prisons.

Again, I don't get this. And NOT blaming the neighbors and surely the McLellands saw this as well.If I saw a beat up suv with 4 men sitting in it, 4 days in a row, sorry, but I would report it as a "suspicious vehicle". People do it all the time, I hear it on the scanner.

At least they remember it and reported it now. I guess it was one of those, oh yeah, we did see something. Criminy.

And a jail break in Dallas County last night. Weird. Oddly enough I got a prepaid call from a Dallas County inmate last night. Wrong number, but creepy nonetheless. (Wasn't the guy who escaped, but my heart dropped before I heard the name).

The DA simply prosecutes the case with the evidence that has been put before them. You think they would be after the cops who arrested them and did the work.

Sorry for the multiple posts, forgot what I wanted to ask before. The security cameras, they said they were monitored online. So.....no one was watching them? Or just the type that you can see what's going on at your house while you are at work. Not much help if it doesn't record. And I wonder if it's true about the "AR" being left on the wall.

I live in another small town in this same area - my neighbors both shoot guns all the time. It would not strike me as odd to hear gunshots, they could be shooting at a coyote or other predator. Not saying I like it, just saying I can see why the gentleman behind didn't report it.

Such a scary and sad time for this area.

Although I live in a densely populated area, it does not strike me as very unusual to hear gunshots. There are lots of trees in the area & only recently a bobcat was spotted. It is not at all unusual to see coons, possums, fox, & squirrels. Of course there are laws against firing a gun in the city but that doesn't stop a lot of people. This is Texas & most people have guns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac
Back