GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/03/us-usa-colorado-prosecutor-idUSBRE93201C20130403

I doubt this is related but just goes to show CO is having their own slew of similar troubles.
I do wonder about the guy who escaped and killed the CO DOC? director then fled to Texas, firing and shooting cops here and then was killed.
Bunch of weird stuff and it's hard to say are these things related or not? Was he coming to TX because he knew people here or just trying to get to the border?

Disgraced Official eyed in Slayings...

http://www.newser.com/story/165575/texas-eyes-disgraced-official-in-da-killings.html

(NEWSER) – Investigators are zeroing in on a former official as they investigate the deaths of two Texas prosecutors. The fired local official had threatened victims Mike McLelland and Mark Hasse, insiders tell the Los Angeles Times. The unnamed person of interest was convicted two years ago of stealing public property and placed on probation; during the case, he threatened revenge on the prosecutors and said he'd burn down a lawyer's house, the official sources say. Investigators found guns at the fired official's house, including an assault rifle and survivalist materials.

It didn't take much sleuthing to figure out who this guy is. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to link anything here since he has not been publicly identified yet, so I won't post.

Let me say, however, it wouldn't surprise me if these murders were related to local corruption in Kaufman, TX and not to the Aryan Brotherhood or Mexican drug cartels.

It didn't take much sleuthing to figure out who this guy is. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to link anything here since he has not been publicly identified yet, so I won't post.

Let me say, however, it wouldn't surprise me if these murders were related to local corruption in Kaufman, TX and not to the Aryan Brotherhood or Mexican drug cartels.

The man in question gave an interview to the local NBC station (nbcdfw.com) this morning. He said that he had taken a gun residue test which he passed & turned over his cell phone to authorities & they found nothing suspicious.

Actually, I'm beginning to believe that the Hasse & McLelland cases are not even related. The attack on Hasse was brazen in broad daylight & the McLelland attack was sneaky in the middle of the night. I tend to think that the McLellands knew their attacker. Why else would Mrs. McLelland open the door at 3am unless she knew the person??????

The man in question gave an interview to the local NBC station (nbcdfw.com) this morning. He said that he had taken a gun residue test which he passed & turned over his cell phone to authorities & they found nothing suspicious.

Actually, I'm beginning to believe that the Hasse & McLelland cases are not even related. The attack on Hasse was brazen in broad daylight & the McLelland attack was sneaky in the middle of the night. I tend to think that the McLellands knew their attacker. Why else would Mrs. McLelland open the door at 3am unless she knew the person??????

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the link to the story that gives his name.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Former-Judge-Says-He-Was-Questioned-in-DAs-Murder-201168601.html

I came across his name on website called Kaufman Country Corruption. Apparently he has made a few enemies in those parts with his sketchy behavior. It doesn't make him a murderer, of course; however, I understand why LE would want to eliminate him as a suspect.

"A 56-year-old man is being held in the Kaufman County jail on charges of making threats on a tip line set up as part of the investigation into the slayings of a local prosecutor and his wife.

Officials at the jail confirmed Wednesday morning that Nick Morale, 56, of Terrell, Texas, was being held in lieu of a $1-million bail bond."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...up-in-texas-slayings-20130403,0,4826152.story

"Authorities say Morale left several threatening messages on a tips line, though they did not reveal the contents of the messages and it’s unclear whether he’s believed to have any connection to last weekend’s slayings of DA Mike McLelland, his wife, Cynthia, or the Jan 31. killing of Assistant DA Mark Hasse. It’s also unclear when the threats began.

There were reports that law enforcement agents searched Morale’s home on Evelyn Street and were seen removing boxes from the property."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ing-tips-in-slayings-of-kaufman-da-wife.html/

More at both links.

Morale has been charged with making a terroristic threat according to the reports.

"Quote" function not working for me at the moment.

Press conf. will be on HLN as well .. in about 15 min (3:30 ET) .. they just said

" at this time there is nothing to link mr morale to the murders of mike and cynthia mclelland'
He's been arrested for making threats to the county but NOT the murders of the da and wife. Sounds like an IDIOT who ran his mouth at the wrong time !

Oh my favorite answer of all time " I answered your question how it's going to be answered" .... after being asked twice if there was a POI in the murder investigation. Nice !

" at this time there is nothing to link mr morale to the murders of mike and cynthia mclelland'
He's been arrested for making threats to the county but NOT the murders of the da and wife. Sounds like an IDIOT who ran his mouth at the wrong time !

That's what I think too. After the murder of an official, others with agendas against other officials will start making threats against those they hold a grudge against. It does surprise me that he did it on an official line though. Usually they do it on comments on the media articles and topix.

Woah- the sheriff of Mingo County, W. Virginia was just murdered outside of HIS courthouse!

Sounds like the same M.O. of the person who shot the Asst. DA outside the Kaufman County courthouse! At least they captured today's suspect. Let's see if he or his associates are connected to the Texas killings.

"Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum was fatally shot Wednesday outside the Mingo County courthouse, WCHS reports.

The courthouse was evacuated and placed on lock down, WSAZ reports.

WCHS reports that a suspect has been taken into custody.

The suspect was shot but is "alert and talking," and has been taken to the hospital, according to the Charleston Daily Mail..."

I've been thinking about the theories on these murders. Mexican cartel, Aryan bros, and local official.

If it was the Mexican cartel I think it would be known. In Mexico part of their power comes from the fact that it is known they will fatally retaliate. They use their own people. All arrests made so far are not Mexicans.

Now Aryan Bros. That would be revenge driven. They are used to keeping their secrets. They often have violent backgrounds and have been to prison before. Large group, with various members available to carry out orders. Rumors say the initials AR were written on the wall.

Local Official. Also revenge driven. Could have researched the cases worked to find someone who could be blamed and then left clues to point toward them. Had made previous complaints and threats. Would have some familiarity with the persons who were victims and the persons who would be responding.

I'm thinking it is one of the last two.

Woah- the sheriff of Mingo County, W. Virginia was just murdered outside of HIS courthouse!

Sounds like the same M.O. of the person who shot the Asst. DA outside the Kaufman County courthouse! At least they captured today's suspect. Let's see if he or his associates are connected to the Texas killings.

"Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum was fatally shot Wednesday outside the Mingo County courthouse, WCHS reports.

The courthouse was evacuated and placed on lock down, WSAZ reports.

WCHS reports that a suspect has been taken into custody.

The suspect was shot but is "alert and talking," and has been taken to the hospital, according to the Charleston Daily Mail..."

I think someone needs to start a new thread on that one.

Right after the presser when they were handing out the arrest record to the press, I heard the LE spokeswoman, who talked briefly before the presser, say to someone in the press ( paraphrasing) ' we want to send the message right now that there is zero tolerance'. That leads me to believe perhaps this guy Morale may not really be a threat , maybe just a drunken idiot drunk dialing and talking trash, but they are taking no chances and making an example of him . moooo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back