GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting !
''members of the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas have come forward and offered leads to the task force investigating the murders of Kaufamn County's district attorney''

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Sour...s-offering-leads-in-DA-killing-201336941.html

Local abc affiliate reporter's FB page if anyone wants to follow along. He's been on top of this story .
https://www.facebook.com/wfaa.jason.whitely?group_id=0

Makes me wonder.........false leads or do they not want to be falsely accused of something they had nothing to do with.

" at this time there is nothing to link mr morale to the murders of mike and cynthia mclelland'
He's been arrested for making threats to the county but NOT the murders of the da and wife. Sounds like an IDIOT who ran his mouth at the wrong time !

Yeah, he doesn't sound like the "brightest bulb" in the pack. Doesn't look like it either.

Is it possible that someone (or some group) took advantage of the Aryan connection in doing the killing? Meaning -- could someone have committed a crime of opportunity, knowing (because of timing) that it would be blamed on the Aryans but have nothing to do with them?

I've been thinking about the theories on these murders. Mexican cartel, Aryan bros, and local official.

If it was the Mexican cartel I think it would be known. In Mexico part of their power comes from the fact that it is known they will fatally retaliate. They use their own people. All arrests made so far are not Mexicans.

Now Aryan Bros. That would be revenge driven. They are used to keeping their secrets. They often have violent backgrounds and have been to prison before. Large group, with various members available to carry out orders. Rumors say the initials AR were written on the wall.

Local Official. Also revenge driven. Could have researched the cases worked to find someone who could be blamed and then left clues to point toward them. Had made previous complaints and threats. Would have some familiarity with the persons who were victims and the persons who would be responding.

I'm thinking it is one of the last two.

Myst-are rumors allowed here? That is a fantastic one-you know what my post implies..........as well as yours

Yeah, he doesn't sound like the "brightest bulb" in the pack. Doesn't look like it either.

Non-brightest bulb may be the easiest one to bribe. Especially for the dull-wits doing the bribing.

The man who was prosecuted for the stealing of computer equipment in Kaufman was a lawyer, a Justice of the Peace, and a member of the Texas State Guard (a captain). The police chief in Kaufman also happened to be an officer in the Texas State Guard. The DA had been an officer in the Texas National Guard. The DA also had informed the Texas State Guard JAG about the indictment of the computer thief-*advertiser censored* Texas State Guard captain. I suspect that some of the threats about the DA may have been the result of the DA's actions in informing JAG, since the computer thief was proud of his Texas State Guard service. The computer thief also had run an advertizement against the DA in his campaign. Methinks there was a lot of personal feelings going on among the principals involved in the case. And lastly, Hasse had been the prosecutor in the computer theft case.

The whole area is nervous today because of two jailbreaks in the area. One was in Dallas and another was in Sulfur Springs. I guess all the jail guards are being used to protect the DA's and prosecutors.

The whole area is nervous today because of two jailbreaks in the area. One was in Dallas and another was in Sulfur Springs. I guess all the jail guards are being used to protect the DA's and prosecutors.

So they are either taking advantage of the preoccupation of the authorities or they are headed for targets?

Though there is no indication of a direct connection, Crum's killing comes on the heels of a Texas district attorney and his wife being shot to death in their home over the weekend, and officials suspect a white supremacist prison gang. Those killings happened a couple of months after 1 of the county's assistant district attorneys was killed near his courthouse office.

Colorado's corrections director, Tom Clements, was killed March 19 when he answered the doorbell at his home outside Colorado Springs. Two days later, Evan Spencer Ebel, a white supremacist and former Colorado inmate suspected of shooting Clements, died in a shootout about 100 miles from Kaufman. On Monday, judicial officials acknowledged Ebel was freed four years early because of a paperwork error.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-close-range-parked-car.html#ixzz2PTBXeeFJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is on the Sheriff Crum shooting:

The suspect, 37-year-old Tennis Melvin Maynard, was being treated at a hospital in Huntington late Wednesday.
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2049923

Is there any way we can check to see if he has a prison history?

No criminal history in Mingo County:

The suspect in the shooting death of Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum has no criminal history in the county, a court official said.

Mingo County Magistrate Clerk William Sanders said Thursday that there were no criminal records in magistrate or circuit court in Mingo County for shooting suspect Tennis Melvin Maynard, 37.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/130404_15122.shtml

So there is a chance that the DOC official and the sheriff murders are coincident to the murders in Kauffman Co and that those two murders are connected.

I keep flip flopping back and forth as to if they are all connected or if only those two are connected.

Local news, nbcdfw.com has reported on nightly news that Gov. Rick Perry has raised the reward for the Kauffman Co. killings from $100,000.00 to $200,000.00. Personally, I don't think it would be enough money to get results if either the Mexican cartel or Aryan Brotherhood were involved. $200,000.00 wouldn't be enough to pay bodyguards for lifetime protection.

Hopefully it would get some results if the perp/perps were local thugs.

Also on Thursday, a 52-year-old man was arrested after authorities say he posted a threat against a Kaufman County prosecutor on his Facebook page. Robert Allan Miller is being held in the Kaufman County Jail on a charge of terroristic threat.

He is the second man arrested on allegations of making threats against criminal justice officials. On Tuesday, Nick Morale of Terrell was arrested on a terroristic threat charge after authorities say he left a threat on a hotline intended to gather tips in the killings.

Morale and Miller are being held in lieu of $1 million bail, an extraordinarily high amount. But authorities say neither is believed to be linked to the murders.

More at the link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ontinue-in-kaufman-county-interim-da-says.ece

On the day that hundreds gathered amid tight security to remember this county’s slain district attorney and his wife, Gov. Rick Perry on Thursday offered up to $200,000 for information leading to the arrest and indictment of those responsible for their killings and for the killing of another prosecutor.

Investigators are looking into a variety of angles and possibilities, including the prison gang, disgruntled defendants, former and current county employees as well as distributors and users of methamphetamine, a drug that has been prevalent for years in Kaufman County, particularly its southern region, and surrounding areas. According to law enforcement officials, no leads or theories have emerged to the point where investigators could narrow their scope.

Investigators are reaching broadly. A few weeks ago, for instance, the F.B.I. questioned a person who had been charged with felony drunken driving after an accident. The case was being prosecuted by Mr. Hasse. Law enforcement officials have been considering the theory that the killer or killers in the McLelland case were known to the couple, since either Mr. McLelland or his wife is believed to have opened the front door to their home before the shooting started.

Mr. Perry said his office was offering up to $100,000 for the reward in all three killings, in addition to the $100,000 that was already being offered by the Kaufman County Crime Stoppers group for tips leading to the arrest and indictment of those responsible for the shooting of Mr. Hasse. Information about the $200,000 total reward, along with pictures of Mr. Hasse and Ms. McLelland embracing her husband, will be displayed on the billboards, on space donated by the companies that make up the Outdoor Advertising Association of Texas.

More at the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/u...ngs-help-in-killings.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

From your link, good details, thanks!...one witness thinks the shooter was alone and one thinks he was picked up by someone else....the first woman was very brave to try to follow him....hope she is being well protected...

The woman, who has worked around the courthouse, said, “You could not see one ounce of skin on that man.” She could not describe to investigators what he looked like, or even identify his ethnicity.

She said the gunman didn’t appear to be wearing a tactical vest but she thought “he was padded in some way because of the way he moved.”

Another witness interviewed by authorities gave a slightly different description. She also reported the gunman was dressed in black but added he was in “a black bulletproof vest and black tactical boots.” This witness also believed the gunman got into the front passenger seat of a car before it drove off.

The witness who talked to The News said the shooter was walking from the direction of the courthouse when he confronted Hasse on a sidewalk.

“The guy in the hoodie … kind of shoved into Mark,” she said. “Mark kind of shoved himself back a little bit. And the guy did it again — and Mark kind of shoved him — and the guy shot him.”............

“The guy ran to the car, got into the car and started to drive off, so I pulled in front of him to see if I could get the front license plate. There was no license plate.”

He got into the driver’s side of what the witness described as a silver sedan. She believes he was the only occupant. As the car drove away, she noted that it didn’t appear to have a rear license plate, either.

The courthouse witness said she tried to follow the shooter in her car for about two blocks but then stopped, fearing for her life. Then she went back to try to help Hasse.

She administered CPR. Hasse’s eyes were open, but he wasn’t responding. His breaths were labored. But, she said, it was too late.

No spent shell casings were found at the scene, which would be likely if the gunman used a revolver............

Investigators found numerous .223-caliber shell casings inside the [McLelland] home. That round is typically fired by civilian assault rifles.

The work of one?

While two very different weapons were used to kill Hasse and the McLellands, that doesn’t necessarily mean that there were different killers.

Lewis, the former Dallas homicide sergeant, said it made sense that the shooter would use more firepower in the McLelland slayings because they would be much more on guard after Hasse’s death...........

It was reported yesterday that there was a red truck involved in the case. Anybody hear anything about this? If so, I have a good prospective suspect for the murder. It's somebody related to the Aryan Nation that I warned officials about.

It was reported yesterday that there was a red truck involved in the case. Anybody hear anything about this? If so, I have a good prospective suspect for the murder. It's somebody related to the Aryan Nation that I warned officials about.

First time I've seen or heard mention of a red truck; I found this from WFAA (BBM):

Late Wednesday, officers quickly surrounded a truck a in a Kaufman drive-thru.

"Dude got on the loudspeaker telling the man to get out of the car... and you can tell they obviously were not playing around, because he had his gun or Taser out or something," ssaid Aarron DeLuca, who saw what happened.

The rattled driver was quickly released, but he told News 8 officers told him they were searching for a red truck.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Police-follow-every-clue-in-Kaufman-DA-murder-case-201370001.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back