Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Bedford PD is capable of finding who did this.

From what I can find, Bedford had 1 homicide in 2016.
A 7 month old baby girl killed by her mothers boyfriend.

They haven't had a lot of practice dealing with traumatic deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tensions between certain people and LE in the HEB area is long simmering, and their worries about affluence are valid IMO. I don't want to divert to that t much, as it doesn't really add to the discussion here.

I will say, it's fine for LE to feel defensive and to take some comments from the community personally. They are human and they doing a job that is hard, and probably completely sucks right now, However, I think airing that out in a presser the day after a child's body has been identified...showed poor decision making. That presser SHOULD have been about the victim, exactly what steps they are now taking, reassuring the community that LE hears them and they want to be there for them. Asking for tips, leads, etc. That presser was personal to benefit LE. They should not have talked about what the parents said multiple times. They should not have used valuable and vulnerable time with the community, to be defensive. Time is of the essence right now, and they wasted it. It was a wildly inappropriate time for that, IMO.

I am the first to defend LE in these situations. People often blame and question LE in murder investigations. Time and time again, LE proves they worked their tales off to get the perp. I'm sure LE is doing that here, but they aren't giving the appearance of it. And I can't find ways t defend that presser. JMO.

LE initially tried to put the blame on little Kingston Frasier's family after he was kidnapped and murdered. It was all to cover their butts over the amber alert going out too late. That's what I'm picking up from this case. People are angry and being rude to LE and LE is getting defensive. I agree with you. They need to focus solely on the victim and catching the suspect. People are going to be mad regardless.

Me too. If she was killed quickly, BTW, someone could've disposed of her long before her folks spread the word. Although she is bigger and harder to lift than an 8 year old.

But the timing and circumstances indicate to me it was someone close by.

Well, sleuthers like you had the same gut feelings in other cases and were right. Like Alanna Gallagher's case.

Do you have a link to tbe broadcast?

I'm sorry, I don't... it's one of the news links here in the thread but I don't know which one.

Me too. If she was killed quickly, BTW, someone could've disposed of her long before her folks spread the word. Although she is bigger and harder to lift than an 8 year old.

But the timing and circumstances indicate to me it was someone close by.

Well, sleuthers like you had the same gut feelings in other cases and were right. Like Alanna Gallagher's case.

Do you have a link to tbe broadcast?

Alanna. That was my first invested case here. It gutted me. (And taught me a lot about my community.)

I hope Bedford PD is capable of finding who did this.

From what I can find, Bedford had 1 homicide in 2016.
A 7 month old baby girl killed by her mothers boyfriend.

They haven't had a lot of practice dealing with traumatic deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then who were the hundreds of children who all died violent deaths, being remembered by crosses in the memorial gardens across the road from where Kaytlynn was found? Were they not local children? So ironic that she should be found near there. :(

((Waves)) Hi neighbor :) I have an 11 year (and a 31 year old) the last few moths of school here in Irving (off 183 area we have had some alerts thru the School for Attempted kidnappings 3 I believe (I left work so she wouldn't walk the 11 yo)
Anyhow things are scary around here!

I hear you loud and clear! Mine are 17 and 24! One is still home w/ us, the other at UT in Austin. I still worry ALL the time. It never ends.

I am hoping so hard that there is surveillance video of Kaytlynn in the apartment complex that can point the detectives in the right direction.

Right now there's so many possibilities...

1. friends
2. wrong place, wrong time
3. sex predator neighbor
4. online predator
5. meet up in general with a predator
6. accident / cover up

Is this a crime of opportunity or was this premeditated? IF of course this is determined to be a homicide...

Then who were the hundreds of children who all died violent deaths, being remembered by crosses in the memorial gardens across the road from where Kaytlynn was found? Were they not local children? So ironic that she should be found near there. :(

According to the article I linked yesterday, those children were not all from Bedford or even from Arlington. They are from across Texas.

The parents said she was a runaway?? I thought they said she might be at a friend's house. IMO they were just trying to come up with places she may have been. I don't think they knew what happened. There were too many conflicting stories from friends. I believe it was LE that came to the runaway conclusion and not her parents.

The parents said she was a runaway?? I thought they said she might be at a friend's house. IMO they were just trying to come up with places she may have been. I don't think they knew what happened. There were too many conflicting stories from friends.

To be more precise, if you listen to the presser, the Chief said Kaytlynn's stepfather told LE Kaytlynn might be at a friend's house.

I don't know if either parent used the word "runaway".

“The garden is a place where children are not going to be forgotten,” Maifield said.

She reeled off the names of children killed in heinous ways — “those kids drowned in Houston, and Vern, and Chad, and two little kids that their stepdad burnt up — there’s just so much cruelty in the world.”

Maifield and a team of volunteers tend the garden. It costs about $200 a month to maintain, with mowing help from county deputies.

“It’s not a place about death,” she said: “It’s a place to remember their lives.

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/article157733129.html

To be more precise, if you listen to the presser, the Chief said Kaytlynn's stepfather told LE Kaytlynn might be at a friend's house.

I don't know if either parent used the word "runaway".

I agree. I think the comment I was replying to was deleted.

The parents said she was a runaway?? I thought they said she might be at a friend's house. IMO they were just trying to come up with places she may have been. I don't think they knew what happened. There were too many conflicting stories from friends. I believe it was LE that came to the runaway conclusion and not her parents.
I just went back to my fb to read the original post that circulated on Monday, I shared it on my fb... but the post, along with the person's fb has since been deleted.

I did find a screen shot of it and nothing said runaway. Just missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

No, they are from all over the state. And not all the victims were children or minors.

[video=twitter;878338696457719809]https://twitter.com/deannaboyd/status/878338696457719809[/video]

[video=twitter;878339145525014528]https://twitter.com/wfaalauren/status/878339145525014528[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member