Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been stated that the parents have 10 children between them. Do we know the custody situation of the other 9? Had any of them been removed from the home(s)/in foster care in the past? And where are they now?
According to Police Chief, baby KJD was being cared for by his paternal grandmother when Dad picked him up. Also said the parents are estranged and/or do not live together.

Family of Missing Baby, San Antonio Police at Odds After King Jay Davila Kidnapped from West Side Convenience Store

[...]

Authorities also said the baby's family largely was uncooperative with the investigation. Chief William McManus said the child's mother and Christopher Davila's fiancé, Jasmine Gonzales, is distraught and "wants this thing closed yesterday."

But Gonzales spoke to KSAT over the weekend and said McManus' claim that the family isn't cooperating is untrue.

"[The police] are the ones trying to push the issue, trying to get somebody to accuse somebody, to get that blame for that," Gonzales told KSAT. "Instead of trying to get someone into prison, they need to worry about finding my son. That is what they need to do."

Summary:
Police Chief states parents are estranged and/or do not live together,
Baby was being cared for by paternal grandmother (Dad picked up baby from his Mom),
Dad stopped at mini-mart to purchase a bottle of water,
Chief says Dad's story does not check out -- not credible account of what happened (also believes Dad knows the suspect)...

Curious what the reason was for baby King being cared for by the paternal grandmother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov who knows about them living togetogether, but estranged? The Facebook was the two of them together.....every picture was a couple picture . And she made tons of posts about how he would never do this and the cops are wrong.

Also, fwiw, there were alot of posts on drugs and guns before the fb deleted

San Antonio PD‏ @SATXPolice Jan 5
Thank you @FBISanAntonio for your assistance in finding King Jay Davila.

DwL9jpEUwAAv23R.jpg
So awesome for them to search on their own time. Please let this baby be okay.

Nov who knows about them living togetogether, but estranged? The Facebook was the two of them together.....every picture was a couple picture . And she made tons of posts about how he would never do this and the cops are wrong.

Also, fwiw, there were alot of posts on drugs and guns before the fb deleted
"Estranged" is direct quote from Police Chief presser video (couple posts above) when asked by reporters about possible child custody issue.

“His dad has been devastated by this entire situation,” Gonzales said. “He is more hurt for me because he knew how special King Jay was. I almost died having him. I had to have an emergency C-section for him. He could have died. The thought of that just hurts me now more than ever.”
. “I’ve been out there with my family trying to find out where my son is at. We have been going underneath ditches and there’s nothing. I don’t see no cops at all. My son was lovable, just like his dad. He always smiled. He never was fussy. He has light brown hair that goes to the left sometimes and can go into a mohawk.”

Father of kidnapped 8-month-old speaks from jail, disputes police accusations

Bolding by me...

I've added a few more bolded sections.

Daddy is hurt for mommy, not for King Jay. But it's the little boy who's missing.

Mommy is hurt thinking of how King Jay nearly died at birth, now more than ever that is what she's thinking of. So her main thoughts right now aren't about where is King Jay 'now', is he being looked after, has someone hurt him?

How special baby boy was
My son was
He never was

He has light brown hair

The last part about King Jay's appearance is in present tense and not past tense. So it is possible that the mother hasn't seen him for months, maybe she lost custody of him shortly after birth so all her memories of him are past tense, and the birth is the strongest memory she has? That could be a reasonable explanation for her language.

Maybe she's trying to convince herself that Chris is a wonderful father? But even if she lost custody at/around birth, I can't understand prioritizing praising the father over concern for the current health of King Jay? Even total strangers are expressing their fears for him. Her comment about King Jay nearly dying in childbirth does at least make it seem that she has low expectation of him being found alive. A female abductor raises the chance of the child being found alive (technically). It hasn't been months since the disappearance/abduction, so it is very soon to speak in the past tense and give linguistic signs of such low hope of him being found alive.

Hey all,
Jumping in late.
Quick question, was the woman seen on video walking away from Rodriguez park or the area the car was found?
If so do we know how far between where the car was stole and where it was found and where the woman was seen walking with the baby?

The comments and screen shots from FB are telling. I hope they have been sent to the investigators.

How’s this for a riddle?

People sent the screenshot on FB to JG’s wall... she comes back and says, oh that’s not King. People look into it, and realize that SZ is friends with JG. People question JG about it, and she instantly unfriendly SZ, and then a little later, she deletes her Facebook.

Not suspicious at all huh?

Summary:
Police Chief states parents are estranged and/or do not live together,
Baby was being cared for by paternal grandmother (Dad picked up baby from his Mom),
Dad stopped at mini-mart to purchase a bottle of water,
Chief says Dad's story does not check out -- not credible account of what happened (also believes Dad knows the suspect)...

"Cared for" like in the custody of, or like babysitting?

There has been some legal wrangling going on between the parents of King Jay since about April of last year.

Mother Jasmine Gonzales is married to another man. There a is divorce pending since July of 2018, filed by Gonzales and it appears to be uncontested.

We also found paperwork at the district clerk's office showing Gonzales' husband denied paternity of Baby King Jay, and that Christopher Davila signed an affidavit affirming he is the father.

Davila does have a criminal background dating back to 2008 when he was fined for possession of marijuana. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance in 2009. He was fined $4,000 for an assault with bodily injury conviction that same year.

Family of missing 8-month-old King Jay Davila continues search with flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members