Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davila:

Date Description
2/18/2020 TRIAL DATE SET

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...pher&m=&&p=1_2019CR3713+++++D2271887495100000

Sampayo:

Date Description
10/22/2019 EFILE ENVELOPE NBR 37873483
10/22/2019 MF AMEND BND COND

link: https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...rice&m=&&p=1_2019CR3710+++++D2271887488100000

Wondering "what" the amended bond conditions are ^^- of course this court site sucks.... it doesn't give much info.

Nothing new for Torres.
BBM
This does seem like an amended bond. The whole lot of these characters involved in poor baby King's murder make me ill.

Oops - double post - WS acting weird.... :rolleyes:

No plea deals will be offered in King Jay case without first checking with family, DA says

SAN ANTONIO — Bexar County District Attorney Joe Gonzales is quelling community concerns sparked after an attorney for Christoper Davila said this week that he was seeking a plea agreement.

Davila, who is charged in connection with the death of his then-girlfriend's son, King Jay Davila, earlier this year, appeared in court Tuesday. His attorney, Robert Behrens, told members of the media Davila was open to taking a plea deal.
[.....]
Ethics rules prevented Gonzales from elaborating on the specifics of the King Jay case. But he said, generally, it's far too early in the case to begin discussing plea agreements.
[.....]
“If we can resolve it in such a way, for example, if a serious felony is involved, and the accused is willing to accept some prison term, that may be a better resolution than rolling the dice and ending up with an acquittal and he walks out the front door," Gonzales said.

Gonzales said all plea deals must be approved by his administration before they're offered. If a defendant accepts the plea, a judge will ultimately have to approve the agreement.

House arrest conditions change for Baby King Jay suspect

SAN ANTONIO — Beatrice Sampayo, who is charged in connection with the death of baby King Davila, had her house arrest conditions changed this week.

According to court documents, she will now be able to travel between her home and Northeast Baptist Hospital for treatment of an ongoing medical condition.

Christopher Davila's trial expected to begin Tuesday

Inside the 227th Criminal District Court on Monday, the welcome was not warm by defendants Angie Torres and her grandmother, Beatrice Sampayo. Torres gave the media a profane gesture while Sampayo was wheeled away as she covered her face with a shawl.

It will be a bit longer before both learn their fate as their attorneys reset their trials while they wait on a key player, Christopher Davila.

"Christopher's case is set for tomorrow; we really won't know much until after tomorrow whether its going to trial or when it's going to trial," Karl Basile, the attorney for Angie Torres, told KENS 5 on Monday.
[.....]
All three were charged in this case but none are facing a murder charge... even though baby King Jay's death was ruled a homicide by blunt force trauma.

When we asked District Attorney Joe Gonzalez why that was the case, he previously sent us this statement saying:
"We have charged all the people where evidence supports a charge related to the death of baby King Jay Davila and concealing evidence of the crime..."

RBBM

It just burns me that there aren't murder charges. :mad:

@watcher9 - I can not access the Bexar court site anymore....
Was wondering if you could?

https://www.search.bexar.org

looking for Christopher Sampayo Davila's next court hearing. I know his trial is set for 2/18/20.

TIA if you can! :)
Once again I was here and looked it up. Two entries on both charges for 2/18/2020. One says AWTG Trial the latest says Trial Date Set.
FELON POSS FIREARM
POSS W/I DEL CS PG1 1G - 4G

Thanks a bunch @MsMarple ! Much appreciated. I do have another case in Bexar County - I'll have to see which one it is - and will "tag" you on it.... :)

edited to add: wondering if the 2/18 hearing is to set trial date.... ???

Tuesday, February 18th:
*Set Trial Date Hearing (@ CT) – TX – King Jay Davila (8 mos.) (reported missing Jan. 4, 2019, San Antonio; found Jan. 10, 2019 in a field wrapped in a blanket inside of a black backpack) – for *Christopher Sampayo Davila (34) “father” arrested (1/10/19), charged (1/11/19), indicted (4/3/19) & arraigned (4/4/19) with injury to a child, child endangerment, tampering with evidence, & altering/destroying/concealing a human corpse.
Indicted (4/3/19) with possession of a controlled substance & being a felon in possession of a firearm. Plead not guilty. $1.25M Bond.
Tried to stage a fake kidnapping. Police Chief William McManus said Davila was pressured by the evidence against him & ultimately confessed to burying his son in an open field. Investigators later found the burial site near Davila's Northeast Side home & recovered the baby's body on 1/10/19.
Court info from 1/11/19 thru 7/15/19 reference post #1113 here:
TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

Trial was set to begin on 10/22/19 has been continued.
8/15/19 Update: Trial set to begin for all charges has been moved to 10/22/19.
10/22/19 Update: Trial has been postponed. Davila looking to make a plea deal with State. Set trial date on 2/18/20.
*Angie Torres – Trial set to begin on 10/21/19. Has been continued until after Davila’s trial.
*Beatrice Sampayo Davila – Trial set to begin on 10/21/19. Has been continued until after Davila’s trial.

Defense attorneys in King Jay case reject 50-year plea deal

February 18, 2020
SAN ANTONIO – Christopher Davila is now one step closer to seeing his day in court. On Tuesday, defense attorneys denied a 50-year plea deal offered by prosecutors, saying the punishment is too stiff.
[.....]
“In an offense like injury to a child, he would have to serve one half of whatever sentence he might receive. So if he got 50 years, he would have to serve 25 years just to be eligible for parole. That doesn't mean he will get parole,” said Robert Behrens, a defense attorney.

Jury selection is the next step in Davila’s trial, which is expected to begin in early March.

Defense attorneys in King Jay case reject 50-year plea deal

February 18, 2020
SAN ANTONIO – Christopher Davila is now one step closer to seeing his day in court. On Tuesday, defense attorneys denied a 50-year plea deal offered by prosecutors, saying the punishment is too stiff.
[.....]
“In an offense like injury to a child, he would have to serve one half of whatever sentence he might receive. So if he got 50 years, he would have to serve 25 years just to be eligible for parole. That doesn't mean he will get parole,” said Robert Behrens, a defense attorney.

Jury selection is the next step in Davila’s trial, which is expected to begin in early March.
How arrogant of him to refuse a plea, but I'm glad he did.

Here's hoping a jury will find him guilty and sentence him to LWOP if that is possible. I still don't understand how child murderers can receive such light sentences at times. :(

Bumping up for you again @MsMarple - maybe an update? Since his trial is supposed to start in March. TIA! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow