Found Deceased TX - Kyle Rugg, 20, Livingston, 4 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is Kyle Rugg's family. KF should be on here shortly.

I have been chatting with KF and trying to get her up to speed with the insider process. Hopefully, she will get that done quickly and we can hear from her today. There is some additional information being posted on various relatives' FB pages, but I think it is best to wait for them to participate and you can get the info straight from them.

I'm in The Woodlands TX, not too far from Lake Livingston. I'm surprised this hasn't been reported on the local news yet. I noticed on Kyle's fb page that he's in a relationship with a particular individual. That particular individual hasn't posted anything about Kyle's disappearance on her own fb page, which is in stark contrast to the apparent efforts of family and friends. My question to Kyle's family member/s who visit this forum - is he still in a relationship with that individual? Any idea if there was any animosity between them recently?

I'm in The Woodlands TX, not too far from Lake Livingston. I'm surprised this hasn't been reported on the local news yet. I noticed on Kyle's fb page that he's in a relationship with a particular individual. That particular individual hasn't posted anything about Kyle's disappearance on her own fb page, which is in stark contrast to the apparent efforts of family and friends. My question to Kyle's family member/s who visit this forum - is he still in a relationship with that individual? Any idea if there was any animosity between them recently?

Where do you see that?? On his fb, it says single??

Thanks for posting this case, Los. I started to make a thread the other day and got distracted. Kyle is the cousin of an old friend of mine who posted the missing poster on FB.

Lots of little Kyle connections on WS - let's help bring him home!

Where do you see that?? On his fb, it says single??
If you scroll through the posts, it says "in a relationship with (her name)" in November 2014 and again in January 2014. She has the same thing on her fb page.

If you scroll through the posts, it says "in a relationship with (her name)" in November 2014 and again in January 2014. She has the same thing on her fb page.

If you go to each of their About sections, they are both listed as single now. So her not having anything up about him missing may not be too suspicious

I'm really surprised that this hasn't been on Houston news yet!

Can we get out "map people" to get one started of the motel 6 to his home area. Wondering if there are pay tolls/gas stations with cameras that they could search as well. IMO

I just found this thread; I'd be happy to put a map together of key locations. I can do it tomorrow.

I'm really surprised that this hasn't been on Houston news yet!

To try and get some news coverage his family could put together a candlelight vigil for Kyle and call their local news stations to cover it. Shoot, if they organize something like that I would go for sure.

To try and get some news coverage his family could put together a candlelight vigil for Kyle and call their local news stations to cover it. Shoot, if they organize something like that I would go for sure.

The family has already had a vigil for him. They are desperate for media coverage, but they have not been able to get any interest. They are reaching out to friends on Facebook to help them if anyone has any contacts or connections to media. They are having a meeting today (going one right now) at the Smashburger that is open to anyone who wants to go. They want ideas on what to do next.

Here is a local Katy news source that covered his story: http://coveringkaty.com/2015/03/14/mother-missing-katy-man-fears-foul-play/

The reporter has voiced some of the same suspicions that I have had. The roommate is the one telling the story about the two unknown men being the last people to be seen with Kyle. His story has not been independently verified. Who knows if these people are real or a figment of his imagination. It may be worthwhile to step back a few days before Kyle went missing to see who else he interacted with and get verification of sightings from other people.

I often wonder what it is about some missing persons cases that get media coverage vs. others that don't?
It seems like there have been cases with as little information to go on as Kyle's that have generated much more brainstorming here on websleuths.

I often wonder what it is about some missing persons cases that get media coverage vs. others that don't?
It seems like there have been cases with as little information to go on as Kyle's that have generated much more brainstorming here on websleuths.

Media is about making money, and stories about young women in distress are what sells! Sadly, men just don't get the kind of interest that pretty girls do. This is the equation Jon Stewart came up:

y (minutes of media coverage) = Family Income x (Abductee Cuteness ÷ Skin Color) + Length of Abduction x Media Savvy of Grieving Parents

I'll summarize what we have via the few articles available online and the info provided by TXEQ.

• March 4th he went fishing with his roommate Lake Livingston.
  • Last seen leaving Tigerville Park with two unidentified Hispanic males driving a yellowish/tan two door car.
  • He was wearing a black tank top, black hoodie and jeans.
  • Kyle has tattoos on chest and upper right arm, ear piercings that stretch his earlobes and scars on his right knee due to recent knee surgery.
  • He had his cellphone but it has since died. It last pinged near the lake.

Right now, the focus is on identifying the two males he left with. Kyle's roommate says that Kyle invited the hispanic guys on the trip. His RM said it seemed like Kyle had known them forever, but he and the friends/family don't know them. The family says Kyle is very friendly and befriends people easily. When they got to the park, the two males did not want to pay to get in so they went to a smaller fishing spot nearby. AFter some time, Kyle left with them and told his roommate that he was going to return to their home in Katy, TX and pick up his car. Later, when his roommate got home, Kyle's car was not there which indicated that someone did return to Katy and get the car. Still, Kyle hasn't been seen since leaving the fishing spot. He drives a silver Hyundai Elantra with TX plates CD4 Z207.

Family/LE is looking to locate the two males. They are appeared to be around 23 and 17 years old one. One of them may be named Josh. They had diamond stud earrings and were described by the roommate as "clean cut." Despite going on a fishing trip, they were not dressed as though they were fishing.

This is all from the Katy local news. I haven't heard anything confirmed by LE.

Did Kyle and Mike (the roommate) take Kyle’s silver 2003 Hyundai Elantra to Lake Livingston, or did they take another vehicle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back