Found Deceased TX - Kyle Rugg, 20, Livingston, 4 March 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The entire situation has been hush-hush since day one IMO.....The family has been very careful not to release any information that could possibly lead anyone to conclude that he could very potentially have been involved in anything unsavory. He didn't have a job, but you gotta have SOME way to support yourself, so how do you make money without a legitimate job? Kinda goes without saying. I still believe that LE has a pretty good idea of what likely happened to him based on the types of people he was involved with. Those type of people don't snitch unless there's enough of a financial incentive to do so. If someone is going to snitch, they're gonna need enough of a reward, and a solid plan, that they'd be able to get the hell out of the area and not be found by whoever they ratted out. Add to that, if they had a family etc., its not easy to just get out of the "game" and disappear. This is why I think they've been working so hard to build up the reward fund, it's up to $25k now.

It's sad Kyle is still missing.

Did the parents know of the two male Hispanic friends? My parents know most of my friends but I am a woman and a nerd, at that. Are there a lot of Hispanics in Katy in general? I'm in the Loop and obv this is a city full of Hispanics (including myself and the million people in my family), but what is it like in Katy? I haven't been out there in ages.

It's sad Kyle is still missing.

Did the parents know of the two male Hispanic friends? My parents know most of my friends but I am a woman and a nerd, at that. Are there a lot of Hispanics in Katy in general? I'm in the Loop and obv this is a city full of Hispanics (including myself and the million people in my family), but what is it like in Katy? I haven't been out there in ages.

There are plenty of Hispanic people in Katy. I do not get the impression from articles that his parents know who these people are. From the articles I have read, even his roommate did not know them, but they all fished together that day. Seems like a distinct lack of curiosity by the roommate if you ask me. Really the roommate is the source of the information and I don't know if police have independent verification that Kyle was ever in Livingston (or that the Hispanic individuals even exist). Perhaps the verification of Kyle's presence in Livingston is through cell phone pings.

Equusearch has been involved since the first week and I am assuming since the organization was finally asked by Harris County to conduct a search there, they must have some evidence that at least his phone was there at some point. I thought I had read somewhere that information from the cell phone companies about specific towers and triangulation comes in around 30 days, which is pretty much how many days he has been missing.

It was heartbreaking to watch Kyle's father's interview on the news last night. Kyle is obviously very missed and loved. He deserves to be found.

I guess nothing we have determines the two Hispanic males are from Katy anyway.

I wonder if the mom is being honest about Kyle's character and how often they kept in touch. If they are tight, why is the guy crashing on couches a few days here and a few days there? Is it possible he left his life behind?

Where are these two supposed friends and does friend A know specifically where the three planned on fishing?

I guess nothing we have determines the two Hispanic males are from Katy anyway.

I wonder if the mom is being honest about Kyle's character and how often they kept in touch. If they are tight, why is the guy crashing on couches a few days here and a few days there? Is it possible he left his life behind?

Where are these two supposed friends and does friend A know specifically where the three planned on fishing?

I know when a loved one goes missing, family is often completely blind-sided and don't use all the resources available.

Or maybe they have, and are keeping the information secret. What would be helpful to know is WHO WERE THESE TWO GUYS? Why is this so hard to determine, since he obviously knew them and the fact that they were together out there at Lake Livingston - hours from home - indicates they MUST have had some kind of contact to arrange the trip.

I really wish they would paint a picture of what happened out there, including pictures of the roommate, descriptions of the "hispanic guys" including what they were wearing (if it is remembered) and any descriptions of possible witnesses they may have seen.

Regardless of where the phone is, can't LE request cell records and perhaps see texts or calls planning said fishing trip?

The parents checked his social accounts. I wonder if there are two Hispanic male friends in Kyle's connections who also happen to be friends.

HUMAN TORSO FOUND BY VOLUNTEERS DURING SEARCH FOR MISSING MAN
Members of Texas EquuSearch were looking for a man who's been missing for about six weeks, and while they were canvassing along the 2900 block of Katy Freeway at about 10:30 am Sunday, they discovered human remains. Police investigators confirm the lower torso of a human was found. It's unknown if the remains are male or female.
http://abc13.com/news/human-torso-found-during-search-for-missing-man/683617/

HUMAN TORSO FOUND BY VOLUNTEERS DURING SEARCH FOR MISSING MAN

http://abc13.com/news/human-torso-found-during-search-for-missing-man/683617/

I just read yesterday that Houston had a "Missing Day", where Tim Miller attended. A man came up to him and told him his son was missing, so TM talked to the cops, showed the victim's picture to some people who were living under a bridge, who confirmed the missing person had been slept under that bridge before. They then found some bloody items clothing, iirc, so TM sent his atv drivers out where they located the missing man about 10 minutes later. IIRC.

Looking for link
Eta: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...man-remains-found-in-Heights-park-6225278.php

*I think this body might be Paul Schrum, age 22.

^^^
I read the same. The man's son was homeless so they had not been in regular contact.

From above.....
*I think this body might be Paul Schrum, age 22.

Man identified after human remains found in missing person search
The man was identified as Paul Schrum, 22, after an autopsy was conducted by the Harris County Institute of Foresnic Sciences.

Police said Schrum's lower torso was found by Texas EquuSearch crews when they were looking under a freeway bridge.
http://m.click2houston.com/news/human-remains-found-during-missing-person-search/32583050

I am a friend of Kyle's aunt. She does not have an account here. She has asked me to pass along some information to answer some of your questions. They have been instructed directly by the police to not talk about the case and have been told to solely focus on raising reward money to encourage anyone with information to talk. The family is not getting any details from police except the investigation is progressing. They seem to know just about as much as us.

The silence regarding Kyle and his activities are due to the police instructing them not to talk about anything. Before this directive there was not a concerted effort by the family to keep anyone in the dark about Kyle's activities. His social media was pretty clear about what he was into and his family was talking freely on Facebook. A month before he went missing, he was kicked out of his parents' house because he was engaging in behavior they did not condone. He has younger siblings that they needed to think about and did not want them influenced by his behavior and choices.

Despite this, Kyle kept in regular contact with his mother through calls or texts. He never went more than a few days without contacting her.

His siblings and cousins love him very much. He is great with kids. He is loved and he needs to come home. It is hard for us to help when there is so little verified and so little to go on. Nothing really for us to sink our teeth into. One of his friends knows something and hopefully the reward money will encourage one of them to do the right thing.

The Bring Kyle Home Facebook page is thanking everyone who contributed to the reward fund and is announcing they will not be soliciting any more funds because they "have enough." After 5/8 the page will be geared toward support for the family and information giving/sharing.

I really hope that there is information that will be forthcoming. It is time to rattle some cages and bring Kyle home.

Thank you for the updates!

I hope Kyle's friends start talking! Do his parents know the person/people Kyle was staying with?

I always felt it has more to do with the roommate and fishing friends vs. these two guys he supposedly ran off with. That is a very convenient story.

May 27th is Kyle's 21st birthday. His family is celebrating with an evening lantern release and encourages everyone to wear their Bring Kyle Home shirts. I hope it will not be much longer before his family will have him back.

May 27th is Kyle's 21st birthday. His family is celebrating with an evening lantern release and encourages everyone to wear their Bring Kyle Home shirts. I hope it will not be much longer before his family will have him back.

My bday is only a few days from his. I'll be thinking of Kyle.

Was the roommate ever questioned? And sorry if this was discussed before, but was it just one guy living at the house Kyle was staying at?

We know Kyle was crashing, but I am guessing at least one other guy helped the roommate pay the rent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptescottsherry
Back