Found Deceased TX - Lashun Massey, 38, Irving, 27 Apr 2021 *Reigning Mrs. Dallas pageant queen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s concerning when one leaves a cell phone behind. She’s an accomplished professional, wife, mother of 2 home-schooled children, contestant, living through the pandemic, and getting prepared for the upcoming competition. It’s a lot of pressure for any person. I hope she just needed a break.

The past tense by itself doesn't seem like a red flag, exactly. It could be pessimism/despair rather than guilt. He doesn't seem to have much hope that she's going to be found alive, but his other behavior seems like what I would expect.

As another poster indicated above, this past year has been difficult for everyone.

I agree with husband's use of past tense as possibly being pessimistic/despairing.

The lake looks to be man made. Does anyone have more information on it?

Thinking of the young Glee actress, Naya Rivera, who accidentally drowned.

JMVHO.

Is drowning yourself a long process? Unless you’ve tied heavy things to yourself and walked in I guess that would be quick. But just walking out, and trying to sink yourself would seem hard to do without being seen. Wouldn’t natural instincts to get your breath kick in? Do you tread water till your just so tired? But how does no one see? She had already had contact with others that morning, so it’s not like she was alone for extended lengths of time. I know that people have drowned themselves, I’ve just never heard of it in a lake with people around.
Moo

Does she know how to swim? That will be very telling. It would be nearly impossible for me to drown myself in a still lake, because I am a swimmer. But if my mom, who cannot swim, was seen in the water, I would know that was a self harm situation.

There is much more information available about the trails, parks, and homes surrounding Lake Lago de Claire than about the lake itself. I believe this is because it is not a recreational lake. It is part of a series of lakes and canals belonging to the Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD). Fishing, boating and swimming is not allowed on the lake, so no need for depth maps used by fishermen, for example.

"In order to protect the integrity of DCURD’s storm drainage, flood control and raw water distribution facilities, fishing on the 56 different waterways in Las Colinas is prohibited. Fishing is specifically prohibited at Rochelle Park, Old Rochelle Park, Lago de Claire, Rosita Park and Wingren Park"

Also, "Private boating is another prohibited activity on Lake Carolyn and the other waterways because there exists a number of safety hazards, including deep water, water intake pumps, a storm water pump station, and other dangerous structures, few of which are visible from the surface of the water."

https://2e9ses36dbdi1bmei91lulv1-wp...ontent/uploads/2017/11/LCAOctober2017News.pdf

Most articles stare thst she was seen NEAR the water, but a few specify that witnesses saw her walking IN the water and asked if she was OK. It my opinion that seeing a person in the water of this lake caught the attention of other walkers because of the rule about no swimming.

“Witnesses later reported seeing her walking on the edge of lake Lago de Claire.

“They had asked her if she was okay and she said she was so they carried about their business,” firefighter Robert Keeker said.

“After that, they said they saw her exit the water and then we later received a tip someone else had seen her walking in the water again a couple hours later.”

Because of those witness reports, crews from the Irving and Lewisville Fire Departments started searching the lake Tuesday morning.

However, since the water was close to 90 feet deep, they had to bring in Texas Parks and Wildlife who didn’t find anything.”

Search Is On For Missing Irving Mom Lashun Massey

I don’t have a good feeling about this...

The part about the lake being 90 ft deep is very concerning. From looking at satellite images and photos of the shoreline, I think it might get deep very close to shore. The side of the lake with sloping grass banks where iit would be possible to enter and exit the water, look pretty steep. MOO It seems that a person familiar with the lake, and thinking rationally, would not enter the water.

I am curious if it's normal for her to not bring a cell phone on her morning walks or not. If it's normal for her to bring one, then it's particularly alarming she chose not to. But I guess some folks who are walking in familiar places may choose not to on a walk as to "unplug."

Hearing she was terrified of the water, it's even more alarming then if she was seen actually IN the water. I'm curious what her demeanor and behavior had been like leading up to this walk, both right before she left and the night prior.

APR 28, 2021
Texas beauty queen reported missing; police search lake with no results | Fox News
She had her phone with her on the run, but authorities said they were not able to ping its location, suggesting it had been disabled in some way, such as having a dead battery, being turned off or submerged in water.

Dallas Beauty Queen Missing 2 Days Before Competing for Mrs. Texas | PEOPLE.com
A morning walk was part of Lashun's routine as she prepared to compete in the pageant, her husband Jeff told CBS 11. He said she knew the area well.

"So at about 7:15, I got a little nervous and I texted her. I gave her a call and she didn't answer so at the time I found our security guard down here and said that they had seen her or somebody over in the canal," Jeff said.

Does she know how to swim? That will be very telling. It would be nearly impossible for me to drown myself in a still lake, because I am a swimmer. But if my mom, who cannot swim, was seen in the water, I would know that was a self harm situation.
What if you heavily sedated yourself? Taped your hands together?

I hate to speculate on self-harm, but there are ways to drown yourself even as a swimmer, imo.

Also, there are ways to make it look like you did that. She could have made sure witnesses saw her at the lake and then voluntarily - and safely - disappeared. I hope that is the case. She will be welcomed back home.

jmo

I made myself watch the husband's interview before reading any forums so that I could be more objective.

Well, the husband talked about her using the past tense. She was on a great career path, She was accomplished [paraphrasing].

To be so sure that someone is going to come home but then speak of that person in the past tense just sets off all kinds of alarm bells in my mind.

What does everyone else think??

I hope she does come home. I'm local and the weather has just been so rainy and dreary. I have thought about Dr. Massey several times today amid this weather and pray that she is safe. But it doesn't look good...

I am in the local area and saw the husband speaking about it yesterday on the local news and those were my thoughts as well about the husband speaking about her in past tense. In my opinion, it just seemed kinda sketchy, but only time will tell and hope she's found safe.

I am in the local area and saw the husband speaking about it yesterday on the local news and those were my thoughts as well about the husband speaking about her in past tense. In my opinion, it just seemed kinda sketchy, but only time will tell and hope she's found safe.

I'm just wondering how her business is doing. Was she in financial distress?

The husband impressed me as sincere, and despairing. He may known she was struggling, and is resigned to her being gone due to self-harm. Knowing she was scared of water, and was in the water, doesn't sound promising at all.

I hope for the best, but this doesn't sound good at all.

all MOO

I recall meeting a fellow mom back when my kids were little. Once or twice a year she would book a hotel room and check in alone, with a stack of books, for a weekend. She needed some alone time to just....be alone. Brilliant woman.

I wonder if this busy mom needed a break but felt like she shouldn't.

idk

jmo

Is drowning yourself a long process? Unless you’ve tied heavy things to yourself and walked in I guess that would be quick. But just walking out, and trying to sink yourself would seem hard to do without being seen. Wouldn’t natural instincts to get your breath kick in? Do you tread water till your just so tired? But how does no one see? She had already had contact with others that morning, so it’s not like she was alone for extended lengths of time. I know that people have drowned themselves, I’ve just never heard of it in a lake with people around.
Moo
Please, everyone, bring your phone or some kind of tracking tech when you go places. So many of these cases people leave their phones behind and it makes me cringe. Might not be the case here but I think of it often.

I also have been seeing a LOT of cases lately with “last seen going into water” and I just cannot fathom that manner of suicide, seems excruciatingly difficult and especially so in a public area.

last seen going in (and out, and back in) water in her pajamas? It really does seem to me the pressures built up and the concept of drowning herself (in waters that terrify her) was compelling to her.

I think given the facts, her husband feels she is no longer alive but still desperately clinging to hope. Who knows how one would speak while in that very specific mindset, I don’t think he has anything to do with it due to the multiple witnesses, one even asking her if she was okay.

I personally don’t think pageants are healthy, I lost a best friend to one once, she spiraled into an unhealthy place (I was struggling in a different way without capacity to help her) so it leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.. too many pressures all at once in this beautiful woman’s life, I so hope like others on here that she faked it, would be the best case scenario but I’m finding it unlikely :(
Moo

I personally don’t think pageants are healthy, I lost a best friend to one once, she spiraled into an unhealthy place (I was struggling in a different way without capacity to help her) so it leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.. too many pressures all at once in this beautiful woman’s life, I so hope like others on here that she faked it, would be the best case scenario but I’m finding it unlikely :(
Moo
snipped

I agree, and I was in one as a kid! Not the over-the-top kind like JonBonet by any means, but it was a pageant. And I can't say it was fun.

I "lost" one of my friends to Miss America when she competed for our state. It consumed her life for a long time and she had to drop everyone to get ready for the competition. It's not a "pretty" hobby, imo, but fierce, stressful....and lonely. imo

Not a fan, though no offense to any competitors who happen to be here.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back