Found Deceased TX - Lashun Massey, 38, Irving, 27 Apr 2021 *Reigning Mrs. Dallas pageant queen*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Witnesses later reported seeing her walking on the edge of lake Lago de Claire.

“They had asked her if she was okay and she said she was so they carried about their business,” firefighter Robert Keeker said.

“After that, they said they saw her exit the water and then we later received a tip someone else had seen her walking in the water again a couple hours later.”

Because of those witness reports, crews from the Irving and Lewisville Fire Departments started searching the lake Tuesday morning.

However, since the water was close to 90 feet deep, they had to bring in Texas Parks and Wildlife who didn’t find anything.”

Search Is On For Missing Irving Mom Lashun Massey

I don’t have a good feeling about this...
I wonder what she was doing that made strangers ask if she was ok, walking in the edge of the water doesn't seem strange.

https://twitter.com/IrvingPD/status/1387803030423232515

Update to our missing person. With the assistance of the @TxDPS dive team, a body was recovered from Lake de Claire this morning. We are waiting for a positive ID from the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office. Media staging area will be at the corner of Gran Via & Deseo.

DPS Dive Team Finds Body In Irving Lake Where Missing Wife, Mother Lashun Massey Was Last Seen

At a late morning press conference Irving PD Public Information Officer Robert Reeves confirmed a body was found submerged in the water around 9:45 a.m.

“I can say that the person recovered [had] clothing [that] does match that of our missing person’s identification… that she was last seen wearing.”

Body Found in Las Colinas' Lago de Claire May Be Missing Woman, Police Say

On Thursday, Irving Police Media Relations Officer Robert Reeves said they decided to again search the water, this time with the assistance of a Texas Department of Public Safety dive team.

Reeves said the body was found and recovered from a canal off the lake at about 9:45 a.m. Thursday, near the intersection of Gran Via and Deseo.

The investigation is ongoing and Reeves said at this point they do not suspect foul play in the woman's death. Should the medical examiner discover evidence to the contrary, Reeves said the investigation will change as necessary.

:(:(:(

Rest in peace, Lashun.
g40075.gif

Body pulled from lake in Irving near where Mrs. Dallas pageant winner disappeared

Updated at 4:40 p.m.: This story has been updated with additional details.

A body was pulled Thursday morning from Lago de Claire, a small lake near where the reigning Mrs. Dallas pageant winner disappeared this week, Irving police say.

The body was found about 9:45 a.m. submerged in the canal connected to the lake, police said.

A witness saw her at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday walking near Lago de Claire.

Police said two witnesses reported seeing someone who matched Massey’s description get out of the water Tuesday morning. The lake is 85 to 90 feet deep.

She was reported to have stood on a bench and then gotten off, police said.

No foul play is suspected, Reeves said, adding that police will investigate if anything is discovered through the autopsy.

Massey had been scheduled to compete Thursday in Corsicana for the title of Mrs. Texas America.

“Her husband is just distraught,” Shaub said. “Everyone just wants to help him.”

“He had not a shred of a warning that this was going to happen,” Shaub added.

Shaub said Massey couldn’t swim and he was told she hated the water.

Well, the husband talked about her using the past tense. She was on a great career path, She was accomplished [paraphrasing].

To be so sure that someone is going to come home but then speak of that person in the past tense just sets off all kinds of alarm bells in my mind.

Around 30 or so years ago some former FBI fellow got a lot of press when commenting about a disappearance by pointing out a loved one’s use of past tense when referring to the missing person and I wish he could be drawn and quartered for it. Innocent people do this ALL THE TIME.

Many of us here have followed missing persons cases for years and I can say with certainty that this is not indicative of anything. Totally innocent people (grandparents, teachers, mothers) routinely speak of much-loved missing people in the past tense. And the present tense. It just happens and we really shouldn’t read anything into it without other evidence. This kind of thing is why some are reluctant to go on camera to discuss their missing loved one.

I was recently watching coverage on a missing child. Even the reporter was referring to the child in the past tense before the child was found. And the child was found unharmed.
How long was she married? The comment about the husband being told she was afraid of water and couldn’t swim was kinda weird to me. Was told? He didn’t know for sure? Now I’m playing on words myself. Hahah Happy Friday. This is local to me but I don’t watch local news.

Around 30 or so years ago some former FBI fellow got a lot of press when commenting about a disappearance by pointing out a loved one’s use of past tense when referring to the missing person and I wish he could be drawn and quartered for it. Innocent people do this ALL THE TIME.

Many of us here have followed missing persons cases for years and I can say with certainty that this is not indicative of anything. Totally innocent people (grandparents, teachers, mothers) routinely speak of much-loved missing people in the past tense. And the present tense. It just happens and we really shouldn’t read anything into it without other evidence. This kind of thing is why some are reluctant to go on camera to discuss their missing loved one.
Thanks for this, I totally agree. Many times, the reporter's questions are left out of the edited version of the interview. Questions like " what was she like, did she have plans, and a myriad of similar questions may set up those being interviewed to answer in the past tense. I keep reminding myself that "true crime" has become a major entertainment topic, and drama is what draws viewers in. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back