Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you. I left this thread because I just did not want to see the endless speculation about Leanne and Josh. I feel like I know them now and I feel very protective of them and their families as they grieve and settle this on their souls. I am praying that people will leave them in peace. How awful to have a loved ones take their own life, But that is magnified when the world is watching. And all the outsiders are looking in... Judging, Speculating..

IT is one thing for us to take up a case and see if there is something we can do to help. Talk about where someone could be but when they are found under such horrible circumstances, There has to be a point when in good form we stop. We let it rest.

Leanne was loved. She was special. She was also suffering greatly apparently and did not share the depth of that with them. I can't imagine that loss.

I hope that people will be mindful when posting. That they will consider these are not characters but people with real lives that have been blown up. That their lives will never ever be the same.

I hope that Josh has support and love around him every minute of every day. I hope that her parents and siblings are all together helping each other through this horrible reality. And I really really hope that people will consider when posting what if it was your loved one, your family, your pain..

Thanks

Most people who are still posting here became involved and protective - none of us (save one) actually know the family, though many of us communicated with them via FB during the investigation. People have been posting beautiful songs, personal stories, lyrics that speak to them, and talking about our sadness - not "endless speculation". This is how some of us grieve, and I've found it respectful and helpful to stick around and say we're sad and wish the family well. When you "go through" a case with a group of people, sometimes that same group of people are the ones you want to process things with.

I really appreciate Bigg Daddy's words that remind us how in ANY case we participate in, we will never know the full story and that's not necessarily out of any shadiness at all.

It seems like it was shortly after the PI announced that Leanne had made calls on that day, that the tone changed to say that maybe she had left on her own? If so, maybe they heard something troubling from a close friend, that made worries for her state of mind greater.

Also, her family is likely to have many pieces of information, that we may never have. Maybe she did leave a note, or if not, said something that in retrospect sounded alarming. Maybe her footprints were at the scene, and no others. Maybe they did not want to hold off weeks or a month for LE to announce the manner of death, if they had enough information, as it would continue the publicity and pain for those extra weeks.

Also, I think it is very difficult for Le to come to a verdict of suicide-not the "easy way out", for them, especially in a case that has garnered national attention. They know there may be a negative reaction, and even insults, on many other sites, as to their capabilities, which is happening. I feel they take extra cautions to be certain.

JMO

I think the posters on this thread that implied Josh was responsible for Leanne going missing and the posters that criticized his actions should apologize to him. jmo

Please forgive me, I mean no disrespect, but is Big Daddy family/friend to Leanne? I must have missed it.

I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry if anyone here has offended the family. That's nothing no one needs to see. I can't imagine the grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps Leanne's legacy is a message of kindness and empathy towards others. You just can't know what is in someone's mind. Be kind, always.

I must leave this thread. RIP, Leanne. Best wishes to Josh as he begins to heal.

Let it be.

A short reminder to please discuss Leanne's case and not each other. If someone is posting something you feel is inappropriate, alert the post and let the mods take care of it.

I think the posters on this thread that implied Josh was responsible for Leanne going missing and the posters that criticized his actions should apologize to him. jmo

I had never followed posts on WS before. I was very interested in this case and admit that I had various suspicions along the way. I'm not so sure apologies are necessary. It is natural to look for answers. We did not have a lot of information to go on and were trying to make sense of something that was very confusing. What's more important is to pray for JB now and hope that he will recover and find someone else to share his soul with. It is possible.

I'd also like to thank the moderators. I remember stepping over the line once or twice and the moderators reeling me back in. Their experience is obvious. I hope that evil and pain will disappear in the world and that nothing bad will ever happen to anyone ever again and that websleuths will cease to have a following. Unfortunately, that is not likely to happen. Until such time that it does happen, I trust WS will continue to show the insight and respect that it has during this whole ordeal.

Yes, I know... I just avoided using that phrasing in my answer because I find the blunt addressing of it gruesome now that she's been found. The birds are there, she was there, it doesn't matter beyond that... but if that post was a proposal of a conspiracy theory, as if the presence/absence of birds was proof of something other than the official report, my opinion is that there is no mystery to it and it all "adds up" just fine as it stands.

bbm - I'm very sorry if I was too blunt. I don't feel very sensitive thinking about what happens to bodies after a person dies, but I realize now others might be. I apologize. :blushing: As always, Ami, you have a very nice way of explaining things, you talk matter of fact yet from your heart, and in turn reach the heart of others. Thank you for that!

A new life for Josh won't be so easy. He and Leanne found each other and what a journey they had.

Those will be some huge shoes to fill.

Leanne 's death hit me who never knew her really hard.

Magnitude that a hundred times for her family.

Heartbreaking. Hoping they are surrounded by the love of family and friends as they say goodbye to beautiful Leanne...gone too soon.

I'm also thinking of Josh and I'm concerned for him. I hope he will get through this huge pain and feel peace again one day. I hope he takes all the help he can to heal. My heart is heavy.

People sometimes even in this day and age some things are kept private out of respect for the deceased and those left living.
As hard as that is to believe in these modern times when people put all of their business out in the street for all to see (or read).
There are many things that will not be public knowledge in this and many other cases you encounter as you go through life here at webslueths.
It does not mean that the Police are/were incompetent,it means that they knew from the beginning this was a possible outcome.
Josh is not/has not been anything but a victim from the beginning and needs to be treated with the respect a grieving widower/widow deserves when their spouse is taken from them whatever the reason.

I have lost a loved one to suicide. So I understand to an extent what Josh is going through in losing his wife. (I say I understand to an extent because I did not lose a spouse.) But I do know the devastation caused by suicide. My heart is heavy for Josh and all of Leanne's other loved ones. I wish them all much peace, comfort, and love. They need it so much now.

I'm sorry for your loss, Poppyfrock.

My thoughts are with Josh and the rest of Leanne's family today.

Most people who are still posting here became involved and protective - none of us (save one) actually know the family, though many of us communicated with them via FB during the investigation. People have been posting beautiful songs, personal stories, lyrics that speak to them, and talking about our sadness - not "endless speculation". This is how some of us grieve, and I've found it respectful and helpful to stick around and say we're sad and wish the family well. When you "go through" a case with a group of people, sometimes that same group of people are the ones you want to process things with.

I really appreciate Bigg Daddy's words that remind us how in ANY case we participate in, we will never know the full story and that's not necessarily out of any shadiness at all.

I have enjoyed still coming here and reading the nice things people have been posted. I know someone posted songs they imagined Leanne dancing to and I listened to and thought of her and had tears in my eyes. I had hopes that they would have been able to keep there page open. I know that Nick Stewards family left there's open. They used the page to read all the posts for comfort and support in his passing. Also, two months after his passing, his wife wrote a message and they posted an article that a local journalist wrote. It also is nice for people to let the family know they are still people thinking of them. I have never been a big fan of social media because some people do not know how to behave on it. We teach our children to behave respectfully, yet I saw adults saying nasty and hurtful things to a grieving family.

Leanne's parents continue to post on the 5k FB page. The latest post will break your heart as they say they do not think they will heal or have peace until they meet Leanne again (I'm paraphrasing).

Please keep Leanne's parents in your thoughts and prayers. No parent should ever have to bury a child.

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k

For Leanne's family:

"To Where You Are"
Josh Groban

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above

And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfb6KdUggQ8

Leanne's parents continue to post on the 5k FB page. The latest post will break your heart as they say they do not think they will heal or have peace until they meet Leanne again (I'm paraphrasing).

Please keep Leanne's parents in your thoughts and prayers. No parent should ever have to bury a child.

https://www.facebook.com/LeanneBearden5k

My parents buried two adult children...and it literally broke their hearts :)
They both died not long after, just months apart.
I know her parents will never be the same.
JMO

I agree with this. I am also new to this forum. I came here to post some suspicions specifically because I didn't want to hurt anyone by posting on the family's page (on FB).

While I don't want to hurt anyone in the family, my top priority here was to post thoughts that maybe, just maybe, someone hadn't thought about or noticed in case it would help, somehow, with the case.

Many of us as strangers felt close to Leanne through this case, and wanted to make sure there was nothing left out during the investigation.

I do think that at this point, we all need to let go of suspicions and let the case close. But I don't find any harm in posting our thoughts along the way, and as I understand it that is the point of this site. Mods, please let me know if I am misunderstanding--and thank you for helping us to understand the rules!

I had never followed posts on WS before. I was very interested in this case and admit that I had various suspicions along the way. I'm not so sure apologies are necessary. It is natural to look for answers. We did not have a lot of information to go on and were trying to make sense of something that was very confusing. What's more important is to pray for JB now and hope that he will recover and find someone else to share his soul with. It is possible.

I'd also like to thank the moderators. I remember stepping over the line once or twice and the moderators reeling me back in. Their experience is obvious. I hope that evil and pain will disappear in the world and that nothing bad will ever happen to anyone ever again and that websleuths will cease to have a following. Unfortunately, that is not likely to happen. Until such time that it does happen, I trust WS will continue to show the insight and respect that it has during this whole ordeal.

Please forgive me, I mean no disrespect, but is Big Daddy family/friend to Leanne? I must have missed it.

I'm sorry for your loss. And I'm sorry if anyone here has offended the family. That's nothing no one needs to see. I can't imagine the grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the benefits of membership is the ability to view posts by member. Click on his nick, View All Posts By Member option will be there.
He stated his personal interest very early but I don't recall which thread it is. That post should be fairly easy to find for members.

And yes, that's a plug for Websleuths membership. Leanne will always be in my heart and I am a little bit wiser person on a few of the topics and points that were discussed in her missing case. I hope those that joined in Jan and Feb continue to contribute on the hundreds of other missing persons cases created each month on this forum.

I have enjoyed still coming here and reading the nice things people have been posted. I know someone posted songs they imagined Leanne dancing to and I listened to and thought of her and had tears in my eyes. I had hopes that they would have been able to keep there page open. I know that Nick Stewards family left there's open. They used the page to read all the posts for comfort and support in his passing. Also, two months after his passing, his wife wrote a message and they posted an article that a local journalist wrote. It also is nice for people to let the family know they are still people thinking of them. I have never been a big fan of social media because some people do not know how to behave on it. We teach our children to behave respectfully, yet I saw adults saying nasty and hurtful things to a grieving family.

I believe this is the article posted on Nick's page:

Compassion needed for the depressed, suicidal

Suicide is an illness, not something freely chosen. A person who dies by suicide certainly, in most cases, dies against his or her own will. Suicide is death by illness, not something someone wills.

For those of us left behind, we should not spend undue time and energy second-guessing: "What might I have done?" "Where did I fail?" "If only I had responded and reached out when I had the chance!" Suicide is the emotional equivalent of cancer, a heart attack or a stroke, and all the care and reaching out in the world cannot always save a loved one from dying from these diseases. That's true for suicide as well.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20131206/discuss/712069965/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back