Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on the movie UP. I tend to get sad easy and cry my eyes out so I am thinking it all over. :grouphug:

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts on the movie UP. I tend to get sad easy and cry my eyes out so I am thinking it all over. :grouphug:

I've never seen it either, but I know I'm not ready to watch it right now. I keep looking at the 5K FB page and seeing that logo just hits me in the gut.

I'm a runner and I really wish I could go to the 5K, but it's way too far. I saw a few people are going to run in their own town at the same time, for solidarity. I'll do that instead, but still.

I am still so sad. :(
Me, too, Elainera:hug:.. I let myself get so very involved with their beautifully, captivating blog of their travels, that really and truly made Leanne so VERY ALIVE, and real..and while I understand that all the victims of the cases we follow are "real" as well, but for me, this was a completely different, unique, never before experienced type of "closeness" that just so naturally came about in my reading every page of their beautifully documented travels..

And thus its made it all the more "real" and painful dealing with the fact that she's gone.. The suicide just adds an extra layer of pain, and just me trying to possibly "understand".. But I've come to realize that I'm not ever going to understand, and its something I just have to accept..

I just know that I will never ever forget Leanne.. She was something special, and her beauty radiated from the inside out.. I only wish she could have seen that..

Hugs to all:grouphug:

Right there with you! I keep looking at the 5K FB page and really wishing I could be in Denver to run it.

I'll be running in Virginia for Leanne and her family/friends. What a special day for a very special lady! Hope they have a wonderful weather day and share many memories, laughs and tears. It's just so sad...

I've never seen it either, but I know I'm not ready to watch it right now. I keep looking at the 5K FB page and seeing that logo just hits me in the gut.

I'm a runner and I really wish I could go to the 5K, but it's way too far. I saw a few people are going to run in their own town at the same time, for solidarity. I'll do that instead, but still.

Suicide by hanging is a statement suicide. It’s a suicide meant for others. Suicide by overdose and gunshot is usually an “I just want to end it” method … not so with hanging.

Taken from http://www.calebwilde.com/category/death/suicide/

Thank you for this link. IMO its important that its OK to say suicide is an ugly thing and leaves behind despair and destruction. LB obviously left alot of wonderful memories that her family will cherish. She also left them with "this" :( My heart just hurts for them to have to endure this and in such a public way. I pray that they will some day find the peace needed to continue living a full life. Praying especially for JB who had so many dreams come to an end with his wife's death.

I am so shocked that they found her hanging. What a very sad ending but did LE confirm that she in fact died from hanging? I'm sorry I haven't read the entire thread but something just doesn't seem right about her death. My first husband killed himself by hanging so I kinda have some experience with suicide and suicide survivors. Hanging isn't usually the method that women choose for suicide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The most common manner in which women commit suicide are poisoning/overdose, (32%) followed by firearms (30.7%), and hanging 19%). The remainder use other methods. Many use whatever implement is readily available.

What intrigues me about this case, is that we see a well-written, seemingly happy and upbeat LB when she is blogging. When did her symptoms begin to manifest? One thing that stood out about their travels was how little sleep they got and how stressful some of the transportation/travel was. It would not surprise me to learn that LB struggled with anxiety and depression in the past. Anxiety itself can be so disabling and painful that it can lead to suicide.

May Leanne rest in peace, and may her husband, family and friends know that they are in our thoughts and prayers as they mourn.

:twocents: This is only my opinion, nothing more.

Suicide by hanging is a statement suicide. It’s a suicide meant for others. Suicide by overdose and gunshot is usually an “I just want to end it” method … not so with hanging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do not think that suicide by hanging is "a statement" anymore than any other manner of suicide. But, if one believes it is, what is the statement?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do not think that suicide by hanging is "a statement" anymore than any other manner of suicide. But, if one believes it is, what is the statement?

According to Wikipedia, suicide by hanging is viewed as a variety of statements by different cultures. Survivors of suicide by hanging often say they chose that method because it seemed to be the easiest. Naturally, we have no way of knowing Leanne's reason for choosing that method. She was so well hidden that I doubt she was making a statement. JMO

Suicide by hanging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I may step on some toes here, but I really feel compelled to speak out on this discussion.

Leanne did what she did for bottom-line reasons that only she will know. That's a fact.

Stats that presume (derived perhaps incorrectly, no less) to know the mindset of others who have taken their own life can't tell us with any certainty what goes through the mind of any specific person (including Leanne Bearden) that doesn't reveal it to them, and LB can't be asked. Even a note left behind only tells what she wanted to say, not necessarily why she acted or what was going through her mind.

She was unique, as are we all. In that light, I'm much happier letting her uniqueness continue intact, rather than trying to squeeze her identity into a pigeonhole of our choosing after she's gone.

'Im sorry. I find this offensive. That anyone would presume to know what a person was thinking when they decided to end their life, or why they chose that way to end their life in that manner is ludicrous.
And that stat to me would be more applicable to the people/societies that used to do the hanging. People were hung in the town square to show the town their crime and make them an example.

I don't believe Leanne was making a statement. She was trying to end her life, for whatever reason and this was the way she chose to do it. I hope that she left a note for the ones she loved. I hope so. But the very fact that she went back into the brush and did it, Shows she was not doing it for a statement. It shows me she was still hiding.

That upset me a lot. Sorry.. It did.

ETA: Not your post, But the information. I hate stats like that.

'Im sorry. I find this offensive. That anyone would presume to know what a person was thinking when they decided to end their life, or why they chose that way to end their life in that manner is ludicrous.
And that stat to me would be more applicable to the people/societies that used to do the hanging. People were hung in the town square to show the town their crime and make them an example.

I don't believe Leanne was making a statement. She was trying to end her life, for whatever reason and this was the way she chose to do it. I hope that she left a note for the ones she loved. I hope so. But the very fact that she went back into the brush and did it, Shows she was not doing it for a statement. It shows me she was still hiding.

That upset me a lot. Sorry.. It did.

ETA: Not your post, But the information. I hate stats like that.

We will never know. Even if she left a note. Heck her family will probably have questions for years and they know LB. Most of us are just strangers trying to understand. I personally appreciate the info/links to resources that might have insight. I may not agree personally but it helps me form an opinion based more on fact vs. emotions. JMOO

I haven't been on here for a few days due to being abroad with little access to the internet. I had heard about Leanne through the FB page though (and insisting my boyfriend use his data roaming to Google search for more information.. :blushing:). It's a terribly sad outcome, but it was unfortunately high on my list of what I thought may have happened.

Suicide fascinates me, it really does. I hope that doesn't sound morbid, because that's not how I intended it. I've had suicidal thoughts myself and thankfully never followed through for various reasons, but have since lost a relative and a number of acquaintances in that manner, as well as reading several cases on here (I often feel drawn to those potential cases over clear murder/abduction scenarios). It's just so intriguing to me, as well as being so, so tragic.

We will never know. Even if she left a note. Heck her family will probably have questions for years and they know LB. Most of us are just strangers trying to understand. I personally appreciate the info/links to resources that might have insight. I may not agree personally but it helps me form an opinion based more on fact vs. emotions. JMOO

I completely understand that.. But to make statement that a hanging suicide fits into a category of making a statement.. Is just abhorrent to me. No one can know what the last thought was that went through their mind, what they were thinking, Why they were thinking it. Especially since it is written by a Funeral director.

We know that even in the depths of information there is still so much that we will never know.

It is not that it was posted. I understand that and why.. It is that someone took the time to make a declarative statement about that it would be "statement". It seems so out of what we know about suicide. I just find it unbelievable that someone would make a statement like that at all.
It bothers me stuff like that. It is one thing to gather stats on something with proof. This just delves into mindreading and it bothers me.. KWIM?

I feel really protective of Leanne. I am not angry at anyone here.. I am just mad in general about this whole thing at the moment. I am at a stage I have been at before with a friends suicide. Why didn't they reach out, how come no one could see the pain.. Now I know there is no answer to that. I know that it is how it works. I know that it is not rational. But I guess I am just working through my grief over Leanne's death. I guess that seems silly since I did not really know her, But I realized I am indeed grieving for her and her family and friends.

http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

Went from denial and am now squarely angry.

I know, that many may feel I have no right to these feelings. That's okay. I get it.

I think the possibility that they always seemed to do things together could have been a stifling thing. And in those situations it, I think I can say fairly, is always one of the parties who in effect insists upon the other's presence, for whatever reason. Dependency perhaps.

I have to tell you that my husband and I are best friends, we do everything together and it is never stifling for us. We commute together too and I have to tell you, when he works late or isnt with me on that commute I feel awful, I miss him. There are some couples who really do love each other to the point of just wanting to be together all the time. And instead of thinking she was stifled I am thinking she came down from a huge high and realized "real life" was happening and it may have flared up a depression that she couldn't escape. It sounds like her husband was okay with real life, but she may have felt this feeling of dread. MO

I have to tell you that my husband and I are best friends, we do everything together and it is never stifling for us. We commute together too and I have to tell you, when he works late or isnt with me on that commute I feel awful, I miss him. There are some couples who really do love each other to the point of just wanting to be together all the time. And instead of thinking she was stifled I am thinking she came down from a huge high and realized "real life" was happening and it may have flared up a depression that she couldn't escape. It sounds like her husband was okay with real life, but she may have felt this feeling of dread. MO

I agree. I could be with my dh all the time. We are peas in a pod..

You know, I have to wonder if this was not something she felt well before she left on the trip. That the trip was something she knew would be her last one. That these are feeling she had before she even left..
That the trip was her goodbye of sorts. Seeing the world, and being able to hang on until she returned.

When I think about it this way, I see it differently. She found the man she loved. She planned a once in a lifetime trip that most couples save for retirement, She came back, Stopped in to see her parents, She did it at Josh's parents stop so that Josh would not be alone in his grief.

She went away from the house so that he would not find her.

I think her last acts were about her love for Josh.

I think that when I look back over everything we know, I have to wonder if this was not the plan for years...Something she pushed back on....

I don't know.. This is just thinking out loud.

I think it's truly remarkable that Leanne and Josh were able to take such an amazing trip at such young ages. How many people ever take a trip around the world at any age? Not very many people, in my opinion. How many of us will? Probably not too many of us will ever get that opportunity or make the effort.

They saved and planned and made it a reality. It's really quite an accomplishment. Leanne did a lot of living in her short time in this world. Even though I didn't know her, I want to think of her for how she lived, not how she died.

Hi all, I've had several PM's regarding this case and dogs, hopefully I can help?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back