Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we'll learn more details on the girls' circumstances in Louisiana once the trial is underway. I think it's possible either 1) the father felt there was nothing he could do to discourage TM from pursuing his daughter, especially if she was determined to -- as he said -- be friends with whomever she wanted, or 2) it's possible the girls were in an extremely permissive situation there. I have a family member who was raised with almost no parental limitations whatsoever, and she too chose to be friends with or romantically involved with whomever she wanted.

Personally, my parenting philosophy is way, way, way, WAY different from the scenario I'm describing here -- I'm just pointing out that this kind of permissive environment does exist, regardless of what the impact might be on the affected children.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TRUE. But that is what CPS and the Police Department are for.

If a father seriously allowed a 13 yr old to sleep in a trailer with a grown man, ex con felon, then that father needs to be charged with something, although I don't know what ----child endangerment?

A petition filed Thursday by the state agency said, “There is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the children and/or one or more of the children have been the victims of kidnapping and possible abuse, possibly witnessed the death of their mother, and placement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

SNIPPED

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.
The father of the 14-year-old girl, Greg Griffith of Louisiana, told a state investigator Thursday that he wanted to have both girls live with him, according to the petition. It said that “more information is needed as to his relationship with Mr. Miles and his knowledge of any relationship between the children and Mr. Miles.”

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/cri...xas-cps-official-says/i8ZaT89P01bunvLJdAU33J/

There's a photo of their duplex at this link. I tried to add it, but for some reason it isn't working. I'm surprised the neighbor heard nothing, but they might not have been at home.
Not sure its been brought up, but from your link:
"Griffith said he found out in November from Bates’ ex-boyfriend that Miles was living with Griffith’s daughter, her sister and Bates. He said he sent Bates a text message about Nov. 16 asking her what was going on.

Bates texted back asking for information about Miles, Griffith said. He said he told Bates that Miles was a “liar” and “not really a good guy.” Bates didn’t believe what he said about Miles, Griffith said."

Imo I'm glad the state is investigating. I'm not sure I'd just say a man is a liar and not a good guy if I indeed worried about his intentions with my daughter. I do try to sympathize but this whole thing has bothered me from the beginning and I'm just sad for those girls. I hope they are placed with someone that has their best interests in mind always.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's all true. But it would then mean that mom was lying and deceiving the father as well, if no one told him about this live in baby sitter arrangement.

And if they did tell him, then he should be charged with some kind of 'neglect' or 'child endangerment' charge, fgs...
I don't know that she was deceiving him. I don't know that she had to tell him if she took a roommate.

And as it turns out, it was kept from him and he only found out through the ex boyfriend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The name of the person in that filing is the same person who has been her long term boyfriend (and "daddy" to the girls, especially the youngest daughter) up through Sept. 2017. The last connection between them (comments from him on Tonya's page) was Sept. 2017. He has been part of their lives (according to FB and Tonya's photos) since the youngest daughter was a year old.

Tonya and TM started commenting on each others' pages and liking each others posts in September 2017.

My gut instinct says that TM is the reason the long-term boyfriend exited. My opinion is that TM spent several months (Sept-Nov) grooming Tonya and creating a fantasy land where he was attracted to her, eventually moving in to the house with them. My guess is that he had already been in communication and contact with Tonya for 2-3 months before the oldest daughter's father contacted Tonya. So by then, TM had already woven his psychopathic web, and the father's comments fell on biased ears.

I would like to know why the youngest daughter's expression is SO very sad in those photos with her sister. The pics were posted the end of August (Aug 26th-range), from St. Charles, LA. So this would have been when Tonya picked the oldest up? Was the youngest sad because the looming break-up of who she knew as her parents?

I totally agree with this!! Notice the earliest posting on TM's FB page is 9-2017 basically setting the scene. We know that Lili met him in July. His page was planned to make it look like he was a good, legit person, even stealing his sons pictures of his kids off of his wife(girlfriends) FB page.

RSBM for focus.
I wouldn't put too much weight into that one photo of Lulu. According to Tonya's FB it was taken at the Farmer's Market. It looks like it was more of a social gathering rather than an actual market day since people in the shot are dressed up and there's no produce in sight. Maybe a fundraiser or end of season event.

So it may very well be that the camera caught Lulu at a bad moment or she may have been bored being at an adult event. The other pics on Tonya's FB show happy Lili and Lulu shots. JMO but I wouldn't judge on one sad photo.

We still don't know what the relationship was between Miles and Tonya or her girls. Plus, Tonya was involved with a different man for a number of years so the breakup between Lulu's parents must have happened quite a while back. All MOO.

I agree. My daughter looks the same way in some photos at that age. One was at a wedding reception, she was all dressed up, her cousins had put lip gloss on her, she was exhausted, wanted to go home, someone said SMILE to snap a goodbye photo, and she stared at the camera with a horribly sad face. If anyone saw it they would be sure she was being horribly abused at home.

RSBM for focus.
I wouldn't put too much weight into that one photo of Lulu. According to Tonya's FB it was taken at the Farmer's Market. It looks like it was more of a social gathering rather than an actual market day since people in the shot are dressed up and there's no produce in sight. Maybe a fundraiser or end of season event.

So it may very well be that the camera caught Lulu at a bad moment or she may have been bored being at an adult event. The other pics on Tonya's FB show happy Lili and Lulu shots. JMO but I wouldn't judge on one sad photo.

We still don't know what the relationship was between Miles and Tonya or her girls. Plus, Tonya was involved with a different man for a number of years so the breakup between Lulu's parents must have happened quite a while back. All MOO.

I don’t think Lulu’s father and TB were ever together in the relationship since. The long term boyfriend has been a consistent father figure for both the girls since before Lulu was a year old. It is the same boyfriend and TB references them as a family from 2012 - Sept 2017, consistently.

I agree with those who say they wonder if TM was the final straw for TB and her ex. That being said, he never looked particularly happy in any of the ‘family photos’. It gave me the impression of a female who very much wanted a traditional family unit and a male who was just playing along. She tagged him in many photos with the girls and he rarely commented (ex. the first time Lily did her own eye make up) and made reference to them being ‘their kids’. My gut tells me TM entered TB life on that LA trip and wormed his way in.

A petition filed Thursday by the state agency said, “There is an immediate danger to the physical health or safety of the children and/or one or more of the children have been the victims of kidnapping and possible abuse, possibly witnessed the death of their mother, and placement with relatives at this time without thorough background checks and knowledge of protective parenting would be contrary to the children’s welfare.”

SNIPPED

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.
The father of the 14-year-old girl, Greg Griffith of Louisiana, told a state investigator Thursday that he wanted to have both girls live with him, according to the petition. It said that “more information is needed as to his relationship with Mr. Miles and his knowledge of any relationship between the children and Mr. Miles.&#.

One article referenced that Lily’s father’s cousin (if I am keeping it straight) was dating TM mom. TM’s mom seems married now (I believe another poster mentioned it and his step father). If she was dating Griffith’s cousin in July and married him, placing the girls with Lili’s father is essentially placing them with TM extended family.

I don't know that she was deceiving him. I don't know that she had to tell him if she took a roommate.

And as it turns out, it was kept from him and he only found out through the ex boyfriend.

I think she would be required to tell the other parent if she had someone new moving in to be the baby sitter, and living in the home. It seems like something both parents should be aware of, in my opinion.

My parents divorced when we were young, and they were not particularly close, but they did share important info with each other.

Like whenever my Dad had a 'new' live in girlfriend, my mom wanted to know the situation before she sent us to spend summer vacation there.

One article referenced that Lily’s father’s cousin (if I am keeping it straight) was dating TM mom. TM’s mom seems married now (I believe another poster mentioned it and his step father). If she was dating Griffith’s cousin in July and married him, placing the girls with Lili’s father is essentially placing them with TM extended family.
No. Here's the relationship, quoted from the original post from the article:

Miles’ mother was Griffith’s cousin’s girlfriend.

RSBM for focus.

My reference to the youngest daughter's "parents" was to Tonya and the boyfriend that had been in her life since or before the age of 1 year (as per the google photo album from her first Halloween, which is linked on Tonya's FB). Many times, Tonya referred to this person as the youngest daughter's "daddy" and talked about how much the girl loved him. I was imagining that their break up would have been pretty traumatic. 7 years is a hard age to lose a significant adult. That's what I meant. :)

I think she would be required to tell the other parent if she had someone new moving in to be the baby sitter, and living in the home. It seems like something both parents should be aware of, in my opinion.

My parents divorced when we were young, and they were not particularly close, but they did share important info with each other.

Like whenever my Dad had a 'new' live in girlfriend, my mom wanted to know the situation before she sent us to spend summer vacation there.
My parents just heard about it through me. There weren't any requirements. I'm not sure there generally are, and I suppose if not, that it likely depends a great deal on the relationship between the two exes.

TRUE. But that is what CPS and the Police Department are for.

If a father seriously allowed a 13 yr old to sleep in a trailer with a grown man, ex con felon, then that father needs to be charged with something, although I don't know what ----child endangerment?
Oh, I agree with you. That's also what anonymous tiplines are for. Unfortunately, doesn't seem like there was anyone around who was at all inspired to call. [emoji53]

(Edited for typo)

I totally agree with this!! Notice the earliest posting on TM's FB page is 9-2017 basically setting the scene. We know that Lili met him in July. His page was planned to make it look like he was a good, legit person, even stealing his sons pictures of his kids off of his wife(girlfriends) FB page.

And pics of his Mom, and him posting such wonderful, kind things. UGh. Exactly!

So the more I look at Tonya's FB and LuLu's dad's FB I just think that there was a lot of instability in the girls lives early on. It looks like when Lulu was little that Tonya house sit for people to have a roof over her family's head. Obviously she did whatever she could but I'm not so sure how stable their living situations were. People make bad decisions in their life (raises hand) but Lulu's dad and even thinking what Tonya could have seen in him is beyond me. There is no picture of anything fatherly in him.

So the more I look at Tonya's FB and LuLu's dad's FB I just think that there was a lot of instability in the girls lives early on. It looks like when Lulu was little that Tonya house sit for people to have a roof over her family's head. Obviously she did whatever she could but I'm not so sure how stable their living situations were. People make bad decisions in their life (raises hand) but Lulu's dad and even thinking what Tonya could have seen in him is beyond me. There is no picture of anything fatherly in him.
Do you mean the boyfriend? I don't think we know anything about Lulu's dad.

“People make bad decisions in their life (raises hand) but Lulu's dad and even thinking what Tonya could have seen in him is beyond me. There is no picture of anything fatherly in him.”

Those were my thoughts exactly when I found a few of his FB pages.

Do you mean the boyfriend? I don't think we know anything about Lulu's dad.

I found him too. He commented on some earlier photos of Lulu. Quite interesting.....

I found him too. He commented on some earlier photos of Lulu. Quite interesting.....
So which one are your comments about? I'm still confused.

So which one are your comments about? I'm still confused.

My reference is to the man that TB refers to as Lulu’s biological father on her FB Page. He commented on some early photos of Lulu on TB Facebook page and there is dialogue between the biological father and TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed