TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Councilman Palaez @17 minute mark (mic issues) "Chief McMannus could not come because he is working on the case today. This search is being done by San Antonians for San Antonians. "

Mayor Ron Nirenberg @ 20 minute mark
(Paraphrasing)

Lina Sardar Khil is a daughter of San Antonio. We will spare no expense in what it takes to find her. Without answers all we can do is hope and search. I hope you understand when it comes to a missing child in this city, they are children of San Antonio.

We all know as parents the emptiness we have when we turn out back and our child is not there. So to the parents of Lina, we need to lift them up and bear some of that burden for them.

We talk to the chief almost every single day.

I talked with him on the phone last night and unfortunately, there are no answers yet.

But as your chief, as your councilman, as your mayor and as every resource in this city that there is to bear, Lina will be treated as a daughter of San Antonio, which she has been since she and her parents stepped foot in this city for the very first time.
So God be with you. God be with Lina.

If someone is hearing this and has seen her and has seen something that might lead us to find her call us. Call the police department. Call the FBI. Tell someone.

And, this is a child abduction case.
If someone is hearing this and and has Lina, return her because we will find you.

God bless you all. My heart and my door is always open to you no matter what. Certainly, in times of celebration in times in pain and tragedy, we are there for you. Not just as your representatives, but as your family.

We will continue to provide you with as much updates and answers as we have to give.

@PommyMommy
There is a video gap:
I keep sending people to watch the December 28th presser with the FBI etc...I'm sure everyone watches it...:D

the FBI has identified an 18-minute gap from the time she was last seen on video until her family noticed she was no longer on the playground
FBI seeks help filling 18-minute gap before girl disappeared from apartments near USAA

Lina's mom also told one of the searchers back in December that there was video.
That particular video is on Univision.

Will repost the Univision video later.

Attachments

• SA EN.png
    SA EN.png
    454.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Lina's mom knew about the video and told Teresa Marie Shealey on December 24th. This was four days before the FBI press conference.

Subtitles are in screenshots, however Teresa speaks in English. At the time, I couldn't make much out of it, because the narrator talks over Teresa. But in hind sight that is what she was talking about.

Today she chatted with the mother of the minor. "She told me that there is a video where her friend is chatting with the little girl. And then in the same video, suddenly the little girl doesn't come out any more".

Sin pistas del paradero de la niña Lina Sardar Khil desaparecida en San Antonio.

TX - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Attachments

• Facebook (5).png
    Facebook (5).png
    280.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Facebook (6).png
    Facebook (6).png
    290 KB · Views: 64
  • Facebook (9).png
    Facebook (9).png
    293.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Facebook (10).png
    Facebook (10).png
    203.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Lina's mom knew about the video and told Teresa Marie Shealey on December 24th. This was four days before the FBI press conference.

Subtitles are in screenshots, however Teresa speaks in English. At the time, I couldn't make much out of it, because the narrator talks over Teresa. But in hind sight that is what she was talking about.

Today she chatted with the mother of the minor. "She told me that there is a video where her friend is chatting with the little girl. And then in the same video, suddenly the little girl doesn't come out any more".

Sin pistas del paradero de la niña Lina Sardar Khil desaparecida en San Antonio.

TX - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021
Thank you for the screenshots!

I'm a little lost still, though. Is this video part of the 18 minute gap video? And am I correct that a friend was recorded talking to Lina and then Lina was gone?

Do we know who the friend is? Or, at least is the friend a friend of Lina's or a friend of Lina's mother?

I'm so thankful LE is finally calling it an abduction. I hope this relieves some of the pain her parents have been feeling from being under constant scrutiny.

The mayor said it is a child abduction case, but I still haven't seen anything about LE calling it an abduction. Has anyone seen anything official in that regard from LE?

The mayor said it is a child abduction case, but I still haven't seen anything about LE calling it an abduction. Has anyone seen anything official in that regard from LE?
Not an official statement but per the article below, it sounds like SAPD confirmed with KSAT that it's still a missing person case. MOO

JAN 29, 2022
Community gathers to pray for return of Lina Khil (ksat.com)
SAPD confirmed that this is still a missing person case and not a case of child abduction.

RSBM Thanks for this, @Friday Fan. I presume this video was taken at 4:49 and is the starting time of the 18 minute gap. However, the paragraph itself is confusing to me. The reporter chatted with the mother of the minor. What minor?
She told me that there is a video where her friend is chatting with the little girl. Who is chatting? The mother’s friend? Lina’s friend? Is the minor Lina’s friend who was chatting to Lina and a third party took the video?
I’m trying to figure out if Lina was seen on video talking to an adult or a child.

RSBM Thanks for this, @Friday Fan. I presume this video was taken at 4:49 and is the starting time of the 18 minute gap. However, the paragraph itself is confusing to me. The reporter chatted with the mother of the minor. What minor?
She told me that there is a video where her friend is chatting with the little girl. Who is chatting? The mother’s friend? Lina’s friend? Is the minor Lina’s friend who was chatting to Lina and a third party took the video?
I’m trying to figure out if Lina was seen on video talking to an adult or a child.
I watched the video last night, but now this morning I can't get it to play. Has it been removed or is it my connection?

I just rewatched the video. The exact quote of the english portion was, “The mother had told her friend that one minute her daughter was observed talking to her in the playground area, on video, then gone.” -Teresa Shealy, Women’s Power Network
I believe now that Lina’s mom is saying that her daughter is on video in the play area talking to her, (mom), and then she, (Lina), was gone from camera view.
ETA If true, this would seem to confirm that her mom was in the playground right up until the time Lina disappeared. At some point right around then she must have gone back to her apartment feeling secure that Lina would be fine right there. It was when she came back that she realized Lina was gone. I’m not sure how they know that Mom began looking for her exactly at 5:07. Perhaps that is when she called her husband as evidenced by cellphone records.

Last edited:
I just rewatched the video. The exact quote of the english portion was, “The mother had told her friend that one minute her daughter was observed talking to her in the playground area, on video, then gone.” -Teresa Shealy, Women’s Power Network
I believe now that Lina’s mom is saying that her daughter is on video in the play area talking to her, (mom), and then she, (Lina), was gone from camera view.
ETA If true, this would seem to confirm that her mom was in the playground right up until the time Lina disappeared. At some point right around then she must have gone back to her apartment feeling secure that Lina would be fine right there. It was when she came back that she realized Lina was gone. I’m not sure how they know that Mom began looking for her exactly at 5:07. Perhaps that is when she called her husband as evidenced by cellphone records.
Thats why I wanted to watch it again because that's what I thought was said too. My understanding was that Lina's mom said she was talking to her (Lina). And then she just disappeared from the video. No mention of time though.
Why do you think they aren't releasing the video?

Thats why I wanted to watch it again because that's what I thought was said too. My understanding was that Lina's mom said she was talking to her (Lina). And then she just disappeared from the video. No mention of time though.
Why do you think they aren't releasing the video?
I’m wondering 1) if there are children in the video and LE can’t isolate just Lina and her mother without showing them, 2) if there are others, LE will be treating them as potential witnesses and does not want the possible abductor to be able to recognize them, and 3) there may be a person in the video who LE has not yet identified and LE does not want that person to know he or she has been caught on the video. MOO

This case keeps me up at night. How can her mother birth a new baby and care for her other child when her daughter is out there, no answers and with the never ending thoughts of what happened to her? If she’s alive and if she is, who feeds and consoles her? I have a toddler myself and they’re so dependant on you. I get sick to my stomach imagining her being scared and with no one who loves her

This case keeps me up at night. How can her mother birth a new baby and care for her other child when her daughter is out there, no answers and with the never ending thoughts of what happened to her? If she’s alive and if she is, who feeds and consoles her? I have a toddler myself and they’re so dependant on you. I get sick to my stomach imagining her being scared and with no one who loves her
As long as no earthly remains have been discovered, we hold out hope. However, it is most likely that this sweet child passed within 24 hours of her disappearance, or less. That does not mean we shouldn't find her and seek justice. Let us pray that process accelerates.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I’m wondering 1) if there are children in the video and LE can’t isolate just Lina and her mother without showing them, 2) if there are others, LE will be treating them as potential witnesses and does not want the possible abductor to be able to recognize them, and 3) there may be a person in the video who LE has not yet identified and LE does not want that person to know he or she has been caught on the video. MOO
I agree with your choices and I've thought all along #3 is a strong possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills