TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUL 5, 2022
[...]

“There’s still work to be done. As tips come in, we had, I think, a couple of tips in June. None of them led anywhere. One of them was suggesting equipment we might use to further our search. Another one was from a psychic, but nothing came of that.”

The hope of finding Lina alive and safe starts to diminish as more time passes without a conclusion in the case.

“Unfortunately, it does, to be candid. We are still devoting the resources necessary to locate her based on the tips we get. We will use whatever resource we need to follow up on a tip,” McManus said.

[...]

“The investigation continues as it has been. You know, again, no resource is too much. Anything we need to do to follow up on a tip or a lead or evidence -- we’re going to do that today, six months from now, two years from now. We’re going to continue to follow up on any information that might lead us to Lina or what might have happened to Lina,” McManus said.

[...]

Video caption translated with Google Translate.

JUL 19, 2022

New video of Lina Sardar Khil revealed ahead of her disappearance

In the video, which was apparently taken by a neighbor, the minor is seen in the play area of the apartment complex where she resided wearing the clothes she disappeared in.

JUL 19, 2022

In the video, which was apparently taken by a neighbor, the minor is seen in the play area of the apartment complex where she resided wearing the clothes she disappeared in.
1658290986901.png

From your link, if only we had more video!

JUL 19, 2022

This video gives me the creeps. It appears the person recording was standing in the breezeway of the apartment. Why was the neighbor recording Lina? What happened to make the person record Lina? Why didn't the videographer move closer to the playground to get a better view? There is at least one other child who walks across the playground, yet the video zooms in on Lina who just so happened to disappear moments after the video was recorded. :confused: Something doesn't feel right to me. MOO

JUL 19, 2022

Disturbing.

That was very focused.

The rest of the video, assuming there's more, most be very telling.

Focusing in on each child or just on Lina, either way, chilling.

I don't have a good feeling.

How does releasing that video advance the search?

Is it LE strategy?

Someone has some explaining to do.

JMO

Can we assume this footage wasn't supplied voluntarily?

How did LE obtain it?

Presumably they know who recorded it. Did they obtain it pursuant to a warrant (i.e. a warrant for an individual's phone)?

Someone took an interest in Lina in the moments just prior to her disappearance. Any of the children? All of the children? Just Lina?

Who is LE releasing this video clip for? What are they hoping for from the public?

If LE knows who filmed this, is that all they know? Can't tie it to her disappearance because of a lack of evidence regarding what happened next?

I'm developing a theory of the case based on those few seconds.

Someone was stalking children in general or Lina in particular. In this small community/complex. Fellow resident or someone with frequent access, like a service provider. Janitor, vendor.

Was waiting for an opportunity, filming. Prurient interest. For how long???? A day, a week? Months?

I am crushed anew for Lina's mother. She lost sight of Lina for half a second. Who could've imagine a predator was standing right there, waiting patiently for that exact moment?

Chilling.

I can only hope this means the investigation is breaking open and an arrest will be made.

Poor Lina.

My heart hurts.

JMO

That is a very very odd coincidence that someone was filming Lina just before she went missing. Almost incredible. Also find it a bit disconcerting that the filmer seems to actually be focused specifically on Lina.

And the fact that this has only just come to light, after ALL this time - odder still. Everything about this is worrisome. Either one heck of a coincidence or . . .

It's very creepy video. It looks like there is a good amount of kids out there, yet it only ever focuses on Lina. As an above poster said, a kid walks by and the camera just kind of ignores him and zooms in on Lina.

I am just wondering the following:

-- Where/how did LE obtain this footage? I'm assuming it would have to be either voluntarily supplied to them or gotten via a warrant. If that's the case .. why have we never heard about it's existence? Better yet ... DID LE even release this footage or did someone just send it to the news station?

-- I don't speak Spanish fluently enough to understand ALL of the news report, so what context does the news station frame the footage in? I see above the translation of the video caption, but I'm talking about the actual meat and potatoes.

-- IF video was released by LE, why can I find no other mentions of it? If it was sent to the news station solely, well, I'm pretty sure Univision is an NBCU property, so why would this story not be on the local NBC affiliate news?

Last edited:
[sbm]

-- IF video was released by LE, why can I find no other mentions of it? If it was sent to the news station solely, well, I'm pretty sure Univision is an NBCU property, so why would this story not be on the local NBC affiliate news?
SBM for focus: I too find this unusual. This shouldn't just be coming from Univision and no other news outlet or LE. I have been trying to source it and scuttlebutt is it was provided anonymously to a FB group that I cannot link and then disseminated from there. It is alleged to be a doorbell cam recording by some, while others say it was taken by a neighbor. I don't know. This is creepy indeed.

Maybe they focused on Lina in the video (unfortunately) due to the way she was dressed at the time? Unfortunately we know to well that people that dress or act differently are often subjected to things because they are different. It could have been someone sending a snap to show friends the person who's dressed differently.

SBM for focus: I too find this unusual. This shouldn't just be coming from Univision and no other news outlet or LE. I have been trying to source it and scuttlebutt is it was provided anonymously to a FB group that I cannot link and then disseminated from there. It is alleged to be a doorbell cam recording by some, while others say it was taken by a neighbor. I don't know. This is creepy indeed.

I definitely don't think it's a doorbell camera based on how you can see the video kind of shaking gently as if it's in someone's hand and the zooming in and out. I mean, I don't have a doorbell cam so I can't speak to this, but are you able to remotely view it while zooming in and out or panning back and forth? JMO as I'm by no means an expert with this kind of thing.

The only way to zoom in and out on Ring devices is through the Ring app on a phone or tablet. Users can zoom in up to eight times by pinching two fingers together while viewing the live stream or recorded videos.Oct 30, 2021
Why Your Ring Can’t Zoom in (You’re Doing It Wrong)

If it was Ring device you can zoom - either while live or on recorded video from earlier. So it could conceivably not be as nefarious as it seems at first blush. I wish LE or other press was talking about this so we had a better understanding of where it came from and when it was discovered. It feels like this should have been out before now if LE wanted it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog