TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People kept saying the same about little Cleo.No way a stranger could just show up and take a child out of the tent without her screaming and mom hearing her.Well a total stranger did just that.

That case defied the odds in so many ways. The LE investigation was top-notch. From the beginning, LE looked beyond the statistics, went with the facts and used every resource available to them. Yesterday the abductor pled guilty, so the sentencing hearing will be soon, and after that all of the facts will be made public. It will be interesting to learn the details of the investigation, and there might be some information there that could be useful to other investigations.

4) The police used to dogs to track Lina's scent to the middle of a parking lot, suggesting that she got into a vehicle.

I don’t have a strong opinion one way or another about stranger abduction vs someone known to Lila, but her scent being tracked to the middle of the parking lot could just as easily suggest that she was picked up and carried from there rather than placed in a vehicle. If there was no struggle, it could be someone familiar to Lila, at least by sight from the apartment complexes.
JMO

I don’t have a strong opinion one way or another about stranger abduction vs someone known to Lila, but her scent being tracked to the middle of the parking lot could just as easily suggest that she was picked up and carried from there rather than placed in a vehicle. If there was no struggle, it could be someone familiar to Lila, at least by sight from the apartment complexes.
JMO
Someone familiar with Lina (by occasionally spying her from an apartment window, for instance) would still count as a stranger. It needn't have been someone who saw her for the first time that day, but it could have been.

If she had been picked up and carried, she would have still left a scent trail that some dogs could follow. Dogs are not 100% reliable, but the scent trail is one data point.

Someone familiar with Lina (by occasionally spying her from an apartment window, for instance) would still count as a stranger. It needn't have been someone who saw her for the first time that day, but it could have been.

If she had been picked up and carried, she would have still left a scent trail that some dogs could follow. Dogs are not 100% reliable, but the scent trail is one data point.

Thanks @Ozoner. I wasn’t aware that Lila could have left a scent trail if she had been picked up. I was thinking of someone familiar to Lila (even vaguely) rather than someone familiar with her (from seeing her at a distance), as perhaps someone she might have allowed to pick her up without protesting…assuming that was even a possible scenario. And as you point out, dogs are not 100% reliable, but are a helpful clue in any case.

wait, chris and shane were playing with THE SAME 2 KIDS? i dont think the kids did it but i would look at someone close to them perhaps older brother or dad.... very odd!
I dont think so.

Rather, the first toddler to disappear was seen playing with a group of older children (say, 11-13 year olds) at the play ground before his disappearance.

Though nothing about the group of older children raised any "red flags", the police pursued the possibility that they had acted on someone's behalf and conducted a series of cross referencing interviews between the children, parents, other residents, school staff etc. Nothing was found.

Last edited:
If a family needed to “replace” a daughter and the daughter had similar coloring to Lina, well…a complex full of Afghan refugees is a good place to look. JMO.

I don't think that's likely...The Afghans all know each other. Lina also has some distinct characteristic (which most in the community would recognize)

They might not- at least not very well.

The common denominator with the Afghan presence is that they, or a close relative, assisted American forces in Afghanistan in varying capacities.

Other than that, the Afghans could well come from different ethnic groups, speak different languages, have widely varying levels of education, income, degrees of religious practice etc. Lina's family is evidently from a very rural province. Others Afghans could be electrical engineers from the capital.

In the end, I think a "replacement daughter" motive from with in the Afghan population is plausible. What may have surprised such a possible abductor is the amount of police and news attention given to the matter in the US.

Last edited:
This has been niggling me.

Could Lina have been separated by or tried to follow someone she mistook as her mother? We talk about certain people blending into the environment. Like mail carriers. People that don't appear out of place.

That complex and the one adjacent.

What if Lina left with a woman? (Or even someone disguised as such?) Long shot, I know.... but someone who lost a child, seeking to replace her? Possibly someone there without a family unit. Possibly someone who was visiting that day, someone no one would expect? Whisked Lina into a car and drove away.

In Australia, the captor of a little girl was seen buying nappies. When he had no children. Held her for 18 days before she was rescued.

If not a predator/pedophile, where LE is searching for a male predator, what about a woman hiding in plain sight? Little children might not even see that as an independent recollection, reporting they never saw Lina, except with her mother.

With covid and masks, it's not impossible, right?

Mostly I'm just desperate for her to be alive.

JMO

Right. I consider someone living in the complex or someone stalking her for a while a stranger. Anyone she or her parents didn’t really know, but that person may have “known” them just by stalking.

This has been niggling me.

Could Lina have been separated by or tried to follow someone she mistook as her mother? We talk about certain people blending into the environment. Like mail carriers. People that don't appear out of place.

That complex and the one adjacent.

What if Lina left with a woman? (Or even someone disguised as such?) Long shot, I know.... but someone who lost a child, seeking to replace her? Possibly someone there without a family unit. Possibly someone who was visiting that day, someone no one would expect? Whisked Lina into a car and drove away.

In Australia, the captor of a little girl was seen buying nappies. When he had no children. Held her for 18 days before she was rescued.

If not a predator/pedophile, where LE is searching for a male predator, what about a woman hiding in plain sight? Little children might not even see that as an independent recollection, reporting they never saw Lina, except with her mother.

With covid and masks, it's not impossible, right?

Mostly I'm just desperate for her to be alive.

JMO
Same here @Megnut! It may be unlikely, but it’s probably a better likelihood that she’s “ok” if someone wanted a child.

I understand that we are all trying to "fix" this, saying maybe she was taken by a person wanting to replace his/her daughter and she is still alive and treated well. I don't believe that....My honest believe is that she was taken for far more darker intentions. I'm not going into the discussion if it was a stranger abduction or otherwise.....I don't know....I have a bad feeling about this little one.....and it's only based on my opinion and to be honest...the things I see in my dreams.....That's why I have to stay away from children cases.......

I understand that we are all trying to "fix" this, saying maybe she was taken by a person wanting to replace his/her daughter and she is still alive and treated well. I don't believe that....My honest believe is that she was taken for far more darker intentions. I'm not going into the discussion if it was a stranger abduction or otherwise.....I don't know....I have a bad feeling about this little one.....and it's only based on my opinion and to be honest...the things I see in my dreams.....That's why I have to stay away from children cases.......
In most cases when a young girl is abducted, she is sexually assaulted once and then murdered (usually by manual strangulation) and then thrown away like garbage. The child's life is ended when it's barely beginning so that the perp can have a five-second ejaculation. That's why we need a Constitutional Amendment assigning for the death penalty for all child sex predators.

In most cases when a young girl is abducted, she is sexually assaulted once and then murdered (usually by manual strangulation) and then thrown away like garbage. The child's life is ended when it's barely beginning so that the perp can have a five-second ejaculation. That's why we need a Constitutional Amendment assigning for the death penalty for all child sex predators.
I agree. In the real-life WS cases I cited up-thread, all the young victims were SA and murdered by their abductor within the first 24 hours by asphyxiation/strangulation except for one that was brutally stabbed.

BBM

I'm awed by the might of your words, Ozoner. With one sentence, you've offered an effective argument against a long-held opinion.

I'm with you. 100%

If Lina left by foot...

Last summer I remember driving on Gardendale as a shortcut on my lunchbreak and there was a group of kids scurrying across the street eastbound to the apartment complex on the other side of Gardendale. About 8 of them, no adults, ranging from about 5-10 years old. I've seen this else where in the medical center, and the kids are usually carrying a soccer ball, sticks, or really small siblings. I can easily see how an unattended child could get led away unintentionally by a group of children, through several apartment complexes and across a street.

If she left by foot, Fred Rd to the West is too busy to cross, with exception of the drainage easement that runs under Fred @ Hamilton Wolfe and that would have put her in the WellMed parking lot at a busy time. USAA fencing on the North is restrictive, and Wurzbach borders to the South. Someone on the roads would have reported a lone child, especially at 5PM in the MedCtr. There are just too many good, smart people driving by that would have called it in or at least remembered her. But a specific child amongst a group traversing eastwards in between buildings could go unnoticed and quickly reach the greenbelt and woods behind Limestone Oaks. Along the way the way there are no intersections with cameras, just older buildings, parking lots, cars, and dumpsters. I've read SAR stories on how far a lost child can travel across rough ground through the woods. She could have covered a quarter mile east in ten minutes, if running with other kids.

Your thoughts sleuthers?

If Lina left by foot...

Last summer I remember driving on Gardendale as a shortcut on my lunchbreak and there was a group of kids scurrying across the street eastbound to the apartment complex on the other side of Gardendale. About 8 of them, no adults, ranging from about 5-10 years old. I've seen this else where in the medical center, and the kids are usually carrying a soccer ball, sticks, or really small siblings. I can easily see how an unattended child could get led away unintentionally by a group of children, through several apartment complexes and across a street.

If she left by foot, Fred Rd to the West is too busy to cross, with exception of the drainage easement that runs under Fred @ Hamilton Wolfe and that would have put her in the WellMed parking lot at a busy time. USAA fencing on the North is restrictive, and Wurzbach borders to the South. Someone on the roads would have reported a lone child, especially at 5PM in the MedCtr. There are just too many good, smart people driving by that would have called it in or at least remembered her. But a specific child amongst a group traversing eastwards in between buildings could go unnoticed and quickly reach the greenbelt and woods behind Limestone Oaks. Along the way the way there are no intersections with cameras, just older buildings, parking lots, cars, and dumpsters. I've read SAR stories on how far a lost child can travel across rough ground through the woods. She could have covered a quarter mile east in ten minutes, if running with other kids.

Your thoughts sleuthers?

I know LE was searching that area early on. Someone took videos of it. However, it's easy to miss a small child, no matter how good the searches are.

I agree on the first part....but this was just the content I was trying to avoid with my post, but thinking the same....I don't believe in the death penalty, although I can feel the anger underneath this statement. I simply don't think that's a solution...Don't want to derail this thread by getting in a discussion about the death penalty....so I leave it like this. Hope you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState