TX - *LOCATED* Barefoot woman seen on surveillance video, Montgomery County, 24 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I'm trying to say: imagine the worst day of your life is shared and discussed by thousands if not millions of people on Facebook and the national news. This shouldn't be held up as some triumph for social media when there's no evidence that a public, national discussion did anything except cause more hurt.

I understand what people mean when they're cheering the neighbor for "saying something." But LE means say something to the police, not to thousands of people on Facebook. If you think someone is in danger, publicizing that danger while it is going on seems incredibly ill-advised. Sure it seemed exciting to us but this woman, whatever the situation was, had her victimization and addiction broadcast to the whole world. If it were you, would you want that?

Something happened. She said he was not the Dennis she knew. It was enough to have her running from home to,home and trying to flag down cars.

In Minnesota, we had the first law in the nation that when there was a domestic violence call, no more could the caller change his/ her mind and not want the person arrested.

This is what often happens in DV. The defense of the abuser.

Women are often embarrased about the abuse, There are so many factors here . Other people on here have addressed them very well.

This guy's only crime was trying to help her the best he could, and now he is dead because of it.

She rang how many doorbells and not a one would help her? Luke 10 25-37

The woman who shared the video shared it because it was "spooky." Do you really think civilians should take law enforcement into their own hands? If you capture a murder on video, do you think you should share it for millions of people to see instead of LE to investigate?

rs/bbm

1. A murder wasn't caught on the video. Or anything resembling a murder.

2. The man who recorded the video in question was not home when the woman rang his doorbell.

3. The police released the video in an attempt to find and ID the woman.

4. The boyfriend saw the viral video it after she escaped to safety.

5. The boyfriend mentioned this to others who, in turn, told police.

6. Nobody reported her missing, so police might not have found her if it wasn't for the video being released, because that's how the boyfriend saw it.

7. The victim in this recent case admits she isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean her allegations are fantastical. Police also said they believe she's a victim of domestic violence and sex assault. In fact,

8. Collins allegedly admitted to the sexual assault in the suicide note. (!)

9. The boyfriend had a previous conviction for felony attempted sex assault. (According to some reports, against his girlfriend at that time: "Collins allegedly jumped on top of her and choked her while he was nude. ... She also suffered from scratches inside her throat when he shoved his fingers into her mouth.")

10. He was likely facing some serious time behind bars for committing another felony sex assault.

10+1. Deputies are now following up on his latest victim's allegations of kidnapping and sexual assault.

Sources:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...o-know-about-mysterious-woman-in-13193808.php

Mystery Doorbell Ringer Was Escaping Sexual Assault, Police Say

Mystery shackled woman was tied up and sexually abused by ‘boyfriend’ before she escaped and ran door-to-door for help [BREAKING]

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...unty-Sheriff-s-Office-13191654.php?ipid=hpctp

Suicidal boyfriend in doorbell mystery was no stranger to trouble

rs/bbm

1. A murder wasn't caught on the video. Or anything resembling a murder.

2. The man who recorded the video in question was not home when the woman rang his doorbell.

3. The police released the video in an attempt to find and ID the woman.

4. The boyfriend saw the viral video it after she escaped to safety.

5. The boyfriend mentioned this to others who, in turn, told police.

6. Nobody reported her missing, so police might not have found her if it wasn't for the video being released, because that's how the boyfriend saw it.

7. The victim in this recent case admits she isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean her allegations are fantastical. Police also said they believe she's a victim of domestic violence and sex assault. In fact,

8. Collins allegedly admitted to the sexual assault in the suicide note. (!)

9. The boyfriend had a previous conviction for felony attempted sex assault. (According to some reports, against his girlfriend at that time: "Collins allegedly jumped on top of her and choked her while he was nude. ... She also suffered from scratches inside her throat when he shoved his fingers into her mouth.")

10. He was likely facing some serious time behind bars for committing another felony sex assault.

10+1. Deputies are now following up on his latest victim's allegations of kidnapping and sexual assault.

Sources:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...o-know-about-mysterious-woman-in-13193808.php

Mystery Doorbell Ringer Was Escaping Sexual Assault, Police Say

Mystery shackled woman was tied up and sexually abused by ‘boyfriend’ before she escaped and ran door-to-door for help [BREAKING]

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...unty-Sheriff-s-Office-13191654.php?ipid=hpctp

Suicidal boyfriend in doorbell mystery was no stranger to trouble

Please don't twist my words to imply I think a crime wasn't committed when the whole point of my posts tonight has been I don't think the video should have been shared by the neighbor since it publicly identifies a victim of domestic violence who has now been humiliated in front of the country.

Your #3 is incorrect. The video was uploaded to Facebook by a neighbor of the person who owns the camera and was shared thousands of times before LE even acknowledged that it was investigating. This was NOT a public campaign by LE as you imply.

Woman explains why she posted video of mystery doorbell ringer

I stand by everything I said. I trust LE to make the decision as to what evidence is released to the public and when. If you put yourself in this woman's shoes for one second you might think differently about being publicly humiliated in this fashion.

Please don't twist my words to imply I think a crime wasn't committed when the whole point of my posts tonight has been I don't think the video should have been shared by the neighbor since it publicly identifies a victim of domestic violence who has now been humiliated in front of the country.

Your #3 is incorrect. The video was uploaded to Facebook by a neighbor of the person who owns the camera and was shared thousands of times before LE even acknowledged that it was investigating. This was NOT a public campaign by LE as you imply.

Woman explains why she posted video of mystery doorbell ringer

I stand by everything I said. I trust LE to make the decision as to what evidence is released to the public and when. If you put yourself in this woman's shoes for one second you might think differently about being publicly humiliated in this fashion.

There is no twisting of anyone's words — I answered three posts (one of which was yours) in my last post, not just yours. They are quoted in my post, too.

I sourced every word I said. The woman might have uploaded it to Facebook (a fact I have not disagreed with, btw), but LE also released the video to the media and posted it on YouTube.

I've recited facts of this case as they're reported by MSM (and linked to them) and in accordance with this forum's rules. What's my opinion has been clearly labeled as such.

And, respectfully, I don't need to be reminded about what survivors of sex assault and domestic violence go through. Or what it's like to have a horrendous act of violence upon a victim find traction on social media and local, regional and national news. Been there. Don't care to discuss it here.

I get it.

Last edited:
Can someone flag a mod to close this thread? Seeing as the woman has been located and safe and the perp is dead, is there a reason further discussion needs to be made?

I feel keeping this open is only going to cause more mudslinging.

Except there is no evidence of abuse. At her own request he followed her to her family's home, because of her anxiety issues. Show me one domestic abuser who has ever done that for a victim. His family thinks he was a good person. His girlfriend who was supposedly being abused by him, thinks he was a good person. Yet strangers on the internet who never met him think he was a terrible person.

Did LE not state she is a sexual abuse victim?

*modsnip*/ not allowed.

No. It is not permitted under our TOS because it is not an accepted news source, but rather a personal FB page. In the MSM news article posted earlier, the victim clearly states that she wishes to remain anonymous. The stepdaughter should not be named either, so you may want to edit your post to remove her name before your post is flagged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did LE not state she is a sexual abuse victim?

If you want to believe what LE says, when the victim herself says otherwise, fine. Personally I don't share your blind faith that LE is telling the truth. I would rather hear it from the alleged victim, herself.

No. It is not permitted under our TOS because it is not an accepted news source, but rather a personal FB page. In the MSM news article posted earlier, the victim clearly states that she wishes to remain anonymous. The stepdaughter should not be named either, so you may want to edit your post to remove her name before your post is flagged.

Okay I figured. That is why I didn’t post the link. Thank you for responding and clarifying.

He only killed himself bc he was embarrassed about the bondage being made public and was too embarrassed to face his daughter. Totally understandable. /s

As if.

You don’t run for help unless you need it. Unless you yourself have actually been the one running for help, you couldn’t comprehend how bad it has to be to get to that point.

I’ve been there. It’s a choice you are making to save yourself.

That’s not an understandable reason to kill yourself, at all. Moo

Here’s my interpretation, fwiw:

She’s clearly a victim of abuse, imo. It seems to me like she’s rationalizing his behavior by repeatedly saying she isn’t perfect, either. This is what happens in the minds of gaslighted victims of domestic violence.

She still loves him right now (or thinks she does) and it hurts her to see him attacked by others. She knows he committed a crime against her, and she clearly isn’t able to speak about it just yet. That’s her prerogative. She might also feel deep shame that it’s all out in the public. She also might blame herself for his decision to complete suicide; she wasn’t good enough to make his life worth living.

All conjecture and moo

This is so spot on. It’s hard to understanding where your mind goes when someone you love does something wrong and so horrible to you. You know it’s wrong and you need to get out but your emotions are conflicting. With time I hope she can see the truth of her situation.

Except there is no evidence of abuse. At her own request he followed her to her family's home, because of her anxiety issues. Show me one domestic abuser who has ever done that for a victim. His family thinks he was a good person. His girlfriend who was supposedly being abused by him, thinks he was a good person. Yet strangers on the internet who never met him think he was a terrible person.

My abuser did it. To me, to his ex gf. His family and friends stood in court and watched him plead guilty to trying to kill me. They bailed him out for repeat domestic assault charges.

I feel you do not understand the manipulation power of abusers. That is their beauty, they get everyone to love them and think they are great, then use that as a tool to isolate and abuse over and over again.

I suggest you do some research on how abuse works because your ignorance on the subject is seriously bothersome to me and I’m sure other past victims on this thread.

As if.

You don’t run for help unless you need it. Unless you yourself have actually been the one running for help, you couldn’t comprehend how bad it has to be to get to that point.

I’ve been there. It’s a choice you are making to save yourself.

That’s not an understandable reason to kill yourself, at all. Moo

My post was sarcasm, hence the /s

I fully believe this woman was a victim, and that SOMETHING happened that night to her at the hands of Dennis. Why some people are always so intent on victim blaming here is truly behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3