TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it ever determined if the new identity was taken from a deceased individual in the "paper chase" manner or was it an entirely new identity?

Deca, you make good points here. We need to back up with references what we know versus what we are assuming. I am reading the thread over again but I want to find a source for the birth certificate information (that LEK was infant from AZ that died??)How do we know this?

It was mamshawn that posted she found the SSN was issued in Tx in 1988. I believe this was based on the name LER (the married name) for the following reasons:

At genealogybank.com
There is LER
"State of issue: Texas
DOB Friday July 18, 1969
date of death Friday, Dec 24, 2010
est age at death: 41 years 5 months
confirmation: proven
Last residence: TX"
These dates match the information from the Rader funeral home obituary.

Info from the following source gives the actual SSN http://www.americanancestors.org
LER
Birth date: Jul 18, 1969
Death date: Dec 24, 2010
SSN: 458-xx-xxxx
State Issued: TX

LEK would be the initials ...(snipped) We pretty much got tired of typing all those names over and over.

Actually, a moderator reinforced to the thread the appropriateness to only use initials in this case early on as we were never given her assumed name or any identities from namus or any other source.

Actually, a moderator reinforced to the thread the appropriateness to only use initials in this case early on as we were never given her assumed name or any identities from namus or any other source.

Thanks for reiterating that point! Been doing it so much that I forgot why we were doing it. I kind of cringe when I think of her child reading this forum in a few years, though we all have the best of intentions. Hence, we have FLEK, LEK, LR, etc. Anyone could of course find out the full names with a few mouse clicks, but please stick to initials here. Colonel Mustard's full name can be used I guess.

A good point has been made: someone on the board found reference to LEK before her marriage in 2004, after which she was known as LR, but we really don't know if LEK was the name on the AZ birth cert used to get the SSN. Could there have been another marriage in between, in which case the birth name was something other than LEK? No evidence for one that I have seen but hmmm. That complicates the search even more.

Unraveling this woman's identity is like doing a Rubik's Cube blindfolded.

Thanks for reiterating that point! Been doing it so much that I forgot why we were doing it. I kind of cringe when I think of her child reading this forum in a few years, though we all have the best of intentions. Hence, we have FLEK, LEK, LR, etc. Anyone could of course find out the full names with a few mouse clicks, but please stick to initials here. Colonel Mustard's full name can be used I guess.

A good point has been made: someone on the board found reference to LEK before her marriage in 2004, after which she was known as LR, but we really don't know if LEK was the name on the AZ birth cert used to get the SSN. Could there have been another marriage in between, in which case the birth name was something other than LEK? No evidence for one that I have seen but hmmm. That complicates the search even more.

Unraveling this woman's identity is like doing a Rubik's Cube blindfolded.

IIRC the full SS number indicates that it was issued in 1988 to LEK. I assume that she took a birth cert from the deceased LEK to obtain a SS #. I have heard of people that work at hospitals stealing birth certificates of deceased infants to obtain false identities. But, maybe she produced a birth certificate AND marriage license to have a SS # and new name issued. Is it possible to get a marriage license without a SS#? Confusing!!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

IIRC the full SS number indicates that it was issued in 1988 to LEK. I assume that she took a birth cert from the deceased LEK to obtain a SS #. I have heard of people that work at hospitals stealing birth certificates of deceased infants to obtain false identities. But, maybe she produced a birth certificate AND marriage license to have a SS # and new name issued. Is it possible to get a marriage license without a SS#? Confusing!!

Confusing it surely is.

FLEK used the birth cert of a deceased infant to have an SSN issued to her, but was the last name on the birth cert K or some other last name? We have no evidence for it but there conceivably could have been a marriage to a K (whoops, almost typed it) after getting the SSN (1988) but before the marriage to R (2004). In other words, I don't think that anyone has confirmed that the birth cert used had the name LEK on it. Anyone have access to Scottsdale AZ birth announcements for July 18, 1969? Any girls born that day with the first and middle names LE?

When I was married I don't remember being asked for my SSN, just my birth certificate. This was 30 years ago in Pennsylvania so that might not apply to Texas.

The SSA is not blessing us with an overabundance of information here. I don't think we will get far unless the pic is more widely distributed and someone recognizes her.

Any way to get her on Classmates.com? The recently released pic, small caption, approximate graduation year and link to NamUs perhaps, is that allowed?

I tried to find a girl with the name of L--- K------ in Scottsdale using the yearbook collection at Ancestry.com. there was one, however she was a freshman in the 1987 yearbook, which would make her too young by about 3 years to be the same one born in 1969. most people graduate HS at 17 or 18 so our L.K. should have graduated in the 1986 or 1987 school year.

besides, I think that the real L.E.K. probably would have had her own SS# issued by the time she turned 16 so I am guessing that she died before calendar year 1974 which is when she would have turned 15.

using that Social Security number decoder website I learned that I applied for my card (or my mother on my behalf) when I was 13 y.o., a few years before I actually needed it for my first job at age 16.

I tried to find a girl with the name of L--- K------ in Scottsdale using the yearbook collection at Ancestry.com. there was one, however she was a freshman in the 1987 yearbook, which would make her too young by about 3 years to be the same one born in 1969. most people graduate HS at 17 or 18 so our L.K. should have graduated in the 1986 or 1987 school year.

besides, I think that the real L.E.K. probably would have had her own SS# issued by the time she turned 16 so I am guessing that she died before calendar year 1974 which is when she would have turned 15.

using that Social Security number decoder website I learned that I applied for my card (or my mother on my behalf) when I was 13 y.o., a few years before I actually needed it for my first job at age 16.

Well, if LEK was a deceased infant I doubt that she was in any yearbooks. I wonder if there is a birth announcement for July 18, 1969 in Scottsdale for a girl named LE with a last name other than K?
FLEK, however, probably went to HS somewhere in the US or Canada. And if enough people saw that pic (the one of the younger FLEK), someone might recognize her as a former classmate.

Well, if LEK was a deceased infant I doubt that she was in any yearbooks. I wonder if there is a birth announcement for July 18, 1969 in Scottsdale for a girl named LE with a last name other than K?
FLEK, however, probably went to HS somewhere in the US or Canada. And if enough people saw that pic (the one of the younger FLEK), someone might recognize her as a former classmate.

Correct, there would be no photos of LEK because she probably took on the alias after high school. The picture match would be the only way to identify her.

Ugh. I see that much of what I assumed was known is not. Did FLEK slip up by using the birth certificate of a LIVING person (or at least one who did not die as an infant/small child) to get the SSN, and it was only discovered when death benefits were applied for?

I am going to back off talk a deep breath and reexamine the timeline and known facts. I apologize for muddying the waters rather than clearing them.

The pic on an ad on Classmates is still a good idea. Anyone know if they do that kind of thing? Someone might recognize her, and it may be the best shot.

That new piccie should help in the search.

Three pastors participated in her service.

Three pastors? Are, ah, team funerals common in Longview, Texas? Three pastors because the R family is well connected? His-n-Hers churches?

Any locals know these pastors, or members of Cornerstone Baptist in Trenton?

FLER nieK said something to somebody between 1990 and 2010!!!

(And of course the link from the newspaper doesn't paste, very sorry!)

Laughing

Ugh. I see that much of what I assumed was known is not. Did FLEK slip up by using the birth certificate of a LIVING person (or at least one who did not die as an infant/small child) to get the SSN, and it was only discovered when death benefits were applied for?

I am going to back off talk a deep breath and reexamine the timeline and known facts. I apologize for muddying the waters rather than clearing them.

The pic on an ad on Classmates is still a good idea. Anyone know if they do that kind of thing? Someone might recognize her, and it may be the best shot.

Ah, don't wuwwy about it. It's all part of wading through this confusing case.:seeya:

A search of Genealogy Bank dot com SSDI on birth dates of year born 1969 in Arizona to year of death between 1969 and 1987, shows a boy born in Arizona and last resided in Oregon, dies 1980... initials RB. Wonder if this was the juvenille young boy in Oregon (I think he said Oregon) that law enforecement was referring to in an earlier post about the SS# and the doe?
Wonder if our doe had ties to Oregon?? I will try to research further on an obituary for the boy and see what relatives are listed and any other data...

I found a juvenille - see my post on last page, but it is a male? Initials RB.. Born 1969 died 1987...timing and the state is correct.. . could she use a boy's ss#? I wouldn't make a good crook... or did she use his SS# and apply to use the number in her name (or her alias name of LEK?) ? Or was the child deceased and never had a ss#?

That new piccie should help in the search.

Three pastors participated in her service.

Three pastors? Are, ah, team funerals common in Longview, Texas? Three pastors because the R family is well connected? His-n-Hers churches?

Any locals know these pastors, or members of Cornerstone Baptist in Trenton?

FLER nieK said something to somebody between 1990 and 2010!!!

(And of course the link from the newspaper doesn't paste, very sorry!)

Laughing

Also, I found a court case that lists one of those pastors as the executor of her estate. :confused:

I have been searching and cannot find a death or birth notice for lek or even le_ with no last name born on 7-18-69...
Would the birth date definiately be from the deceased?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezynig101