TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to investigate further into the Lawyer from California. It appears his family is from right here in Mississippi. ( small world). Here is his obit:

http://www.vicksburgpost.com/obituaries/article_f4a85bce-83c6-11e2-a554-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

It looks like he had a daughter that passed before him..wonder what her age is and if she could have known LR.. i searched her name GDP and found a match for a 52 y/o with a past addy in Puyallup, WA! Maybe someone could followup who can confirm her age and date of death...that would be a WOW. plus, Perkins evidently was a professor of law, another possible connection of introduction

On a funny note, I found a court doc online that was discussing Perkins Sr having a daughter on paper , that was actually the daughter of another man. Good read. her name is listed in the obit as Ben Jrs sister.

Did we consider that our LR is actually YOUNGER that we think? When I was 16 I borrowed my friend's birth certificate and had a DL made with her info, but my picture...poof! My face was 18. Got me into clubs.

I was also wondering if she was possibly younger due to the height listed on that one license. Maybe still in her growing stage. I think there's a huge difference between 5'6 and her height. It looks like whoever was taking her information would of questioned her height at that time. She looks young to me in that one license photo. One of my daughters friends is 10 (turning 11 in two days) and she is about 5'5 and could easily pass as 15/16!

For some reason she wasn't on anyone's radar. But all she had to have done was total a car at a really early age to have someone holding it over her. You really don't want to be 18 or 19 in a town out west, when you don't even know what you're going to do with your futre, and have your license taken away, be accused of whatever, be sued, etc. etc.

I decided to investigate further into the Lawyer from California. It appears his family is from right here in Mississippi. ( small world). Here is his obit:

http://www.vicksburgpost.com/obituaries/article_f4a85bce-83c6-11e2-a554-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

It looks like he had a daughter that passed before him..wonder what her age is and if she could have known LR.. i searched her name GDP and found a match for a 52 y/o with a past addy in Puyallup, WA! Maybe someone could followup who can confirm her age and date of death...that would be a WOW. plus, Perkins evidently was a professor of law, another possible connection of introduction

On a funny note, I found a court doc online that was discussing Perkins Sr having a daughter on paper , that was actually the daughter of another man. Good read. her name is listed in the obit as Ben Jrs sister.

Did we consider that our LR is actually YOUNGER that we think? When I was 16 I borrowed my friend's birth certificate and had a DL made with her info, but my picture...poof! My face was 18. Got me into clubs.

She looks older, rather than younger, to me, however that doesn't mean much. I am 5'11". I was taken as much older from an early age. I was modeling from when I was 14, and associating with some much older people, and rarely did anyone question my age.

If LEK really ever had bulimia then that may be the reason for the veneers. My mom and a first cousin both suffered with bulimia for many years and both had to have veneers because of the stomach acids eating the enamel from the surface of their teeth. One thing I did notice was that in some photos LEK's teeth look better than in others. I think it was the one in the pink hat in particular that they looked stained. Was it some kind of removable veneer or plate? I know there was mention of a dental plate but couldn't recall which teeth it was supposed to be.
I also noticed that in earlier photos LEK appears to be more the age she is stating that she is, but in the last couple of driver's license photos she looks older than her stated age. In one of them it may be due to weight gain from the pregnancy, and in the other she looks slimmer but still closer to 50. Also in the photos of her with the business women I feel she looks close to 50.

I totally agree with this. I think the most recent pictures show a woman who is or close to 50. The younger pictures look much closer to the stated age, which makes sense as young women can often look like they're late teens or 20-something for years. It's not until middle age that "looking younger than real age" normally catches up to most folks. I don't think the most recent pictures show a woman who is late 30s, which is what they would be if we were to believe the age she claimed to be. She was allegedly only 41 by about 5 months when she died.

My thought was that she was trying to figure out what year they were born so she could make up birth dates for them for the passport application.

I don't understand this, myself. If I know the year someone was born and quickly want to figure out how old they are now (I'm no math wizard, lol) I simply get out a calculator and subtract their birth year from the current year. If I know how old they are and want to quickly figure out their birth year, I subtract their age from the current year. It's much simpler that way. :D

I totally agree with this. I think the most recent pictures show a woman who is or close to 50. The younger pictures look much closer to the stated age, which makes sense as young women can often look like they're late teens or 20-something for years. It's not until middle age that "looking younger than real age" normally catches up to most folks. I don't think the most recent pictures show a woman who is late 30s, which is what they would be if we were to believe the age she claimed to be. She was allegedly only 41 by about 5 months when she died.

It is not likely she was much older than early 40 because she had her daughter only a few years before she died. Although it is not impossible for a women to have a baby in her mid to later 40's it is very difficult and the statistics are very few non assited conceptions as that age.

mjak

I don't think she possibly COULD be. If she were younger than the age she claims, then when she was in those business women's group photos and in her most recent ID photos and such would show a woman who could be anywhere from 25-35, as most women look pretty "fresh" in their 20s and 30s. She was allegedly in her late 30s at this time but she looks mid to late 40s at least.

It is not likely she was much older than early 40 because she had her daughter only a few years before she died. Although it is not impossible for a women to have a baby in her mid to later 40's it is very difficult and the statistics are very few non assited conceptions as that age.

mjak

Halle Berry is a few months younger than I am (I'm 47 now) and didn't think she'd get pregnant but she did and now she's having another baby. LEK had In Vitro Fertilization in order to have her child so it wasn't a "spontaneous" pregnancy like a young woman might have.

After several tries at having a baby, including a few miscarriages, the couple finally gave birth to a daughter through in vitro fertilization. Her difficulty with child bearing has caused the Ruffs to suspect she was older than she claimed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-struggle-id-mystery-woman-article-1.1383957

Is her trouble conceiving the only reason she's suspected to be older? And did the ME say she was older, or just the Ruffs?

Is her trouble conceiving the only reason she's suspected to be older? And did the ME say she was older, or just the Ruffs?

That's the only reason given. I suspect that they looked at her during her last years and saw a woman who wasn't "aging well" given her stated age and may have wondered about this for quite some time. I don't think there was an ME involved as it was apparently clear that her death was a suicide.

Here's a pretty intriguing thing someone on the Seattle Times comment section said:

That's sort of what I'm thinking, too. If not that particular organisation, then something similar. Although I've got to say that the details of that case sure adds up when you compare it to LEK.

I hope they're looking into that lead - the answer might be there.

That's the only reason given. I suspect that they looked at her during her last years and saw a woman who wasn't "aging well" given her stated age and may have wondered about this for quite some time. I don't think there was an ME involved as it was apparently clear that her death was a suicide.

Well that's just silly. We can't go assuming she was way older just because she couldn't easily get pregnant and her family said so. I have a large group of friends all the same age and we all look different. Some look 5 years older, some look 5 years younger. So, 2 of them might look 10 years apart when in fact they are the same age. And young people can have just as much trouble conceiving as older women. Yes, of course it becomes more difficult as you get older, but for some it's never easy to begin with.

So, this might be false info, but if for some reason it is true, Hand Models work under SAG/AFTRA rates.

http://www.sagaftra.org/what-commissionable

Their work has been pretty regulated for a long time, as hand and foot models in California work REALLY hard. There are not a lot of people who do this work.

SAG/AFTRA have great records.

I do not know what the comparable union/guild is for print models, but this is a start.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/08/10/hand.modeling/#cnnSTCText

Another thought.. 402 months..

Psalm 40:2 he lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

In months....
They did say she was religious..

. I suspect that they looked at her during her last years and saw a woman who wasn't "aging well" given her stated age and may have wondered about this for quite some time. .

If she was descending into serous mental illness in her later years, that may have also caused her to appear to age very quickly. The article describes her as being very thin and (I think) unkempt when the neighbors saw her after the husband moved out. That would make anyone look older.

I think the better evidence that she was older than her stated age is the very clever way she went about changing her identity without apparent help.

If she was descending into serous mental illness in her later years, that may have also caused her to appear to age very quickly. The article describes her as being very thin and (I think) unkempt when the neighbors saw her after the husband moved out. That would make anyone look older.

I think the better evidence that she was older than her stated age is the very clever way she went about changing her identity without apparent help.

Yes. Mental illness, stress and her previous bulimia can cause premature aging.

impressive thread. i saw the story and expected something here -- just not this monster!

1) the poster that posited drug/*advertiser censored*/prostitution angles due to the N Hollywood references -- i agree.
2) i really like the kim mallon guess for a lot of reasons. if you do a geographic search near the PA library she called you hit a prominent lawyer with a last name of mallon (more than one...)
3) if it's not someone like mallon, i like the overseas missionary angle moreso than another child abduction -- there's just so much delicate work here getting to the false identity
4) her signature on the Idaho license seems very "old school" cursive.
5) i may be wrong but i think the letter of reference is a red herring
6) if you search on the kathleen name, but look south instead of east for the surname, you might find something interesting (sorry trying not to break rules here)
7) there's plenty here for a profile, too. i'm sure not up to the challenge, though i will guess this is someone with above average intelligence who suffered significant abandonment issues as a child.
8) on the computer angle, she's sharp enough to have cleaned it up i'd guess, though i agree her search history would have to be a potential gold mine.

bravo to all of those putting so much effort in on this very interesting story.

Has it been suggested that the 402 months could mean "40 years and 2 months"... As if figuring out what age she would/should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!