TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still curious about Mary Louise Day. She was 5'8" at 12 years old. She went missing from California in 1980. When I try to access her Namus profile I get this message: The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

What exactly does that mean? Why would a case be restricted?

When Cynthia Gastelle was proved to be a Match to Haymarket, Cynthia's NamUs profile read this:Permission Error - Case Access Denied

This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY

Soooo... Maybe Mary Louise Day has either been "found" or maybe she is the Longview lady...

Her Missing in California profile has a link to her namus profile. Or what should be her profile.

That page says she disappeared Jan. 1st. That has to be wrong because "she left for school and never returned." April 1st would make more sense.

I saw that too, and I got the sense that since they weren't sure of an exact date they used the first date of the year. Other sites have said "spring of 1980" which would fit in with April. Still so weird that there isn't a specific date when she went to school and never came back. Makes me think something was really fishy there!

When Cynthia Gastelle was proved to be a Match to Haymarket, Cynthia's NamUs profile read this:Permission Error - Case Access Denied

This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY

Soooo... Maybe Mary Louise Day has either been "found" or maybe she is the Longview lady...

Does anyone use a login for NamUs? I clicked the link for registration, but it asked a lot of personal info (including address) and I was concerned that logins were reserved for LE/agencies so I didn't continue with signing up. Could be wrong on that one, but maybe you need to be logged in to view it?

Does anyone use a login for NamUs? I clicked the link for registration, but it asked a lot of personal info (including address) and I was concerned that logins were reserved for LE/agencies so I didn't continue with signing up. Could be wrong on that one, but maybe you need to be logged in to view it?

I do log into NamUs and have a user name /password but I don't know if I have the special permission since I am not LE or anything special... let me try..

I logged into NamUs and am getting the permission error also... Wonder what is going on?

Somewhere I thought I saw that she was living on a military base when she went missing so the feds were handling her case...? Maybe? Let me see if I can find it...

ETA... The "For the Lost" blog says if you have info to call the Federal Police Department. Also the missing in Ca poster has contact info as "Dept. of Army".

I called the # given for the federal police and left a message asking about the namus
page.

Good looking out, Lil'Quirky! The two women do look somewhat similar, and it never hurts to go looking. If you're interested in this case, take a quick look back through some of the previous posts. It may give you a good indication of what has been discussed/ruled out.

So far nothing from the po-po. :waiting:

Maybe it was removed by mistake? The date on the blog was April 1, 2012. If she has been located, it's been since then.

ETA: Welcome to websleuths Lil Quirky. :)

I was thinking last night that given her possible age when she appeared in Texas, her lack of background, her lack of missing persons report (or people trying to find their missing daughter or sister) that perhaps she is from a deeply religious community like the fundamentalist mormon church. I know they have their "cities" in AZ and NM. I suppose there are other groups as well that might have "shunned" her., although I think she would have had to have some fear of them finding her to change her name.*
I looked around on the web hoping to find some list of runaways from those communities, but nothing. I did find info that some of the escapees have been helping get girls out secretly for years but they said nothing about changing identities.

*From my research most communities in the FLDS take great pride in getting SS benefits for the children and wives as a way of poking the government so I believe (if she was from there) she would have had her own SSN and wouldn't have needed to make one up.

Good point, deca. It seems to me that a young woman starting a new life might find it difficult to do so without some sort of assistance or way to support herself. Although I'm sure it happens, you don't often hear about runaways that are able to support themselves without falling into lifestyles that are dangerous and sometimes illegal as well. If she left a religious order, cult type group, etc. she may have done so with help from someone on the "outside" who provided transportation, funds, and the means to create a new identity. If that's the case, we may never know who she truly is.

I haven't been able to log on much recently, but I'm really happy to see that this case is once again near the top of the list.

There are so many reasons that teenagers might want to create a new identity. My feeling in this case has leaned towards a child who was abducted at at young age or a victim of severe child abuse that finally escaped their abuser and needed to create a new identity. I don't really think that it is a common approach for girls leaving the confines of a religious sect to take on the new identity. Typically once they leave they are "dead" to the remaining community. Nobody would really bother looking for them.

On the other hand, I happen to have read a few fiction novels recently that had story lines where teens needed to escape and therefore created whole new identies. I don't want to be a spoiler to other people who like to read but that story line appears in the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series (three books, that are now popular because they being made into movies) and also in a book called "Backpack" by Emily Barr.

I'm still curious about Mary Louise Day. She was 5'8" at 12 years old. She went missing from California in 1980. When I try to access her Namus profile I get this message: The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

What exactly does that mean? Why would a case be restricted?

I submitted Mary Louise Day over a month ago.

This was my reply from: MClark@ci.seaside

Thank you for your request regarding the Mary Day investigation. I have reviewed the file you referred to in NAMUS. The photo is not a person I recognize and is not Mary Day. The year of birth (1959) is also not a match.

My case involves a woman who is posing as our victim. Her identity is still a mystery. I do have a social security number that was fictitiously used belonging to a juvenile in Oregon. And I have a partial SSN also used which is from New Jersey. If any of that matches up, please let me know. I am doubtful there is any connection at all. Thanks again.[

Hope this helps. To be honest the reply totally confused me. It was from MClark from Seaside, Ca where Mary Day's case is being investigated but if you read the answer it suddenly appears to be from a different person. I thought the UID was being investigated in Texas not Ca.

I submitted Mary Louise Day over a month ago.

This was my reply from: MClark@ci.seaside Thank you for your request regarding the Mary Day investigation. I have reviewed the file you referred to in NAMUS. The photo is not a person I recognize and is not Mary Day. The year of birth (1959) is also not a match.

My case involves a woman who is posing as our victim. Her identity is still a mystery. I do have a social security number that was fictitiously used belonging to a juvenile in Oregon. And I have a partial SSN also used which is from New Jersey. If any of that matches up, please let me know. I am doubtful there is any connection at all. Thanks again.

Hope this helps. To be honest the reply totally confused me. It was from MClark from Seaside, Ca where Mary Day's case is being investigated but if you read the answer it suddenly appears to be from a different person. I thought the UID was being investigated in Texas not Ca.

This confuses me too. Prehaps he contacted the investigator in charge of our UID and the portion in blue is the response he got from him/her? Our UID doesn't have a specific birth year given. Parley Pate, the one rule out was born in 1959. Maybe that's where he got the year from. It's definitely in the possible birth year range (1959-1969).

SO...if we ASSUME that the response in blue is from the investigator in charge of our UID, then perhaps we are getting more information than we have earlier?

Thank you Jeannie C for submitting MLD. :)

I was thinking last night that given her possible age when she appeared in Texas, her lack of background, her lack of missing persons report (or people trying to find their missing daughter or sister) that perhaps she is from a deeply religious community like the fundamentalist mormon church. I know they have their "cities" in AZ and NM. I suppose there are other groups as well that might have "shunned" her., although I think she would have had to have some fear of them finding her to change her name.*
I looked around on the web hoping to find some list of runaways from those communities, but nothing. I did find info that some of the escapees have been helping get girls out secretly for years but they said nothing about changing identities.

*From my research most communities in the FLDS take great pride in getting SS benefits for the children and wives as a way of poking the government so I believe (if she was from there) she would have had her own SSN and wouldn't have needed to make one up.

She has sort of a different look than the photos I have seen of women from the FLDS, but that is JMO.

I contacted Namus and asked them why her case was restricted and I received this reply:

This case is still going through the authentication and approval process before being published for everyone to see. Once that is completed it will be available on NamUs.

Thank you,
NamUs Team

Unless I'm mistaken, Mary went missing from Fort Hood Military Base and her case was under the Federal Police. I believe, (based on having received a reply from a Seaside cold case investigator rather than the Federal Police) that her case has been turned over to Seaside Police and they have submitted the case to Namus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass