TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and without finding stuff I don't want to see...lol... I've been searching for blogs, personal webpages that might mention stripping/dancing in Dallas in the 80's. Maybe I can find someone else in that circle, who moved on and changed their life, and isn't ashamed to admit it, that would recognize FLEK? Maybe a women's help group, or local ministry that helped rescue her?

(snipped respectfully)
ie. If I wanted to know how old someone was in 1990 and I knew they were 22 in 1969, my workings would start at 1969 and work up (69-22, 70-23, 71-24 etc.), not start at 1990 and work down. Does that make any sense?!

It might not be helpful, but it's certainly curious and has got me thinking, maybe that piece of paper is more important than we realise and maybe we're missing something?!

Wow, I've made my brain hurt! Any thoughts? :scared:

Good points all! Looks like we were typing at the same time. I just saw what you meant, about the apparent 3rd set of dates. Going to stare at it a bit.

The order of the numbers don't bug me--she might have just been a reverse-chronological thinker. I do that sometimes. :)

tcg

Interesting stories... there's got to be SOMEONE from these time periods that recognizes her. Come on, 6ft tall?

Candy Barr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lots of old pictures and names of a popular club in Dallas:
http://www.discomusic.com/clubs-more/3437_0_6_0_C/

Newspaper article from 1988 about a Dallas stripper becoming an ordained minister:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...=cUQzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=G-oDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6819,53336

Article that speaks of the Embassy Room, a topless night club. It mentions that in 1988, a city ordinance made these establishments illegal in Dallas.
http://thevelveetaroom.com/history2.htm

I'll be looking for more later, but wanted to share these in case someone wanted to help me look at leads on this route.

Interesting. I was looking on Ancestry.com for Robert A. King, all I find is a death record, gravesite, and Census record from 1940. Haven't had time to look further. I did come across an Eric A. King., but he wasn't listed in the census for Robert A.
Eric A. was about 52 y/o when he died in 1988. Frustrating I'm not able to pull up the obituaries for either one, I keep getting "Server Error":banghead:

Maybe it's something to do with my computer, perhaps someone else can try who has an Ancestry membership? I don't know what to think, other than I'm sure this is probably grasping at straws, lol, but FWIW, here is a stockbroker who committed suicide in 1987, and there is an Eric A. Any relation? Does it have anything to do with LEK? who knows....:crazy:

Anyway, Eric A. immigrated from Ireland and applied for naturalized citizenship in 1985. Unfortunately there are no census records on him and his family available, at least I assume so, and none I can find.

Eric A's previous addresses are shown as:

4914 S 368th St, Auburn, WA, 98001-8861 (1992) ? (family member?)
[1530 Vista Dr, Puyallup, WA, 98372-5103]
[3331 South St 92nd, Tacoma, WA, 98402 (1987)]
[3331 South St 92nd, Tacoma, WA, 98498 (1987)]

Probably also grasping at (a lot of) straws, but if you look up that EAK on Peoplefinders, one of his "possible relationships" is with a woman with the first name Lorene. They appear to be the same age. Wonder if they had any children...

About the three sets on the worksheet, two belong to mom. Middle set is off by two years, shows mom 'turned' 22 in 1970. So she did it again starting one year earlier and that way mom turned 22 in 1968, like on the birth certificate. Because on the passport application, she lists moms birthday as 12/7/1946. that means mom had not had her birthday in July when BST was born so mom turned 22 in 1968, then 23 in 1969 after BST was born.

If you look at it closely, you see a problem. Middle set, she skipped the age of 38. She has mom 39 in 1986, then 37 in 1985. She made a mistake.

Has anyone Noticed Her forehead?
Look closely at the discoloration in the center of her forehead in this picture.

It looks as though she has had plastic surgery or an insert or filler put into the center of her forehead....imo

Looks like camera flash off of an oily face to me. See same brightness one each side of her nose.

I was looking for a birth record for BST's mom on the "family search" site. I thought I saw Montana listed as the state on BST's birth certificate. I didn't find anything but maybe someone else can.

Since the counting backwards begins at 90 or 89, you could suggest the note itself was written in 1990 or 1989 and she was working out their ages in the present day. But, since the birth certificate states their ages in 1969 when the real BST was born (22 and 27), and assuming she's writing top to bottom and left to right, it's like she's working it out the wrong way round. ie. If I wanted to know how old someone was in 1990 and I knew they were 22 in 1969, my workings would start at 1969 and work up (69-22, 70-23, 71-24 etc.), not start at 1990 and work down. Does that make any sense?!

Come to think of it, it may not have been the first time she wrote the list out. So maybe she wasn't working it out backwards, rather she'd already written it starting at 1969 and working up to 1990. Then she rewrote it reverse chronologically. I agree a calculator would have been sufficient to work out her supposed parents age at any given year, it seems she needed a list of exactly how old they were in which year, for reference maybe. Or maybe it was an OCD thing and she was just obsessed with writing them out in a list and is another dead end?! :scared:

My thought was that she was trying to figure out what year they were born so she could make up birth dates for them for the passport application.

At this time, the most recent comment to the Seattle Times article states,

"...Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”"

I don't see her loan application in the collection of evidence. Am i missing it, or was this info posted in some other article or on another site or ???

At this time, the most recent comment to the Seattle Times article states,

"...Her student loan applications listed three references, one of whom was a former classmate she had briefly dated. According to the man, whom Velling did not name, Jane Doe had “more problems than he could deal with.”"

I don't see her loan application in the collection of evidence. Am i missing it, or was this info posted in some other article or on another site or ???

Probably evidence that LE has dug up themselves. Which technically they don't have to divulge to the public. That and it could also mention names of people they haven't looked into or couldn't locate yet. One thing LE doesn't like is giving away all the info so that someone else can solve it lol . JMHO

I was looking for a birth record for BST's mom on the "family search" site. I thought I saw Montana listed as the state on BST's birth certificate. I didn't find anything but maybe someone else can.

I cannot find it either. I have confirmed BST's Mom's mother and father. I have full names and dates of birth and dates of death for both of them, but cannot find the birth record for BST's mom.

It appears she is still living in WA. Remarried, has a different last name now. BTW, her dad was a WWII war veteran, a POW for 3.5 years.

I cannot find it either. I have confirmed BST's Mom's mother and father. I have full names and dates of birth and dates of death for both of them, but cannot find the birth record for BST's mom.

It appears she is still living in WA. Remarried, has a different last name now. BTW, her dad was a WWII war veteran, a POW for 3.5 years.

Were the DOBs she gave on her passport application for BST's parents their actual birth dates?

Has anyone suggested Nancy Willis aka Debra yet?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12567/0/

There's nothing new on "rule outs" for the case that I can tell.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Who can tell me what was submitted and by whom so that we're all on the same page?

NW looks considerably different than LEK, and has much fuller lips if you look at those other images posted of her. It seems unlikely that's her. You can make your lips fuller but I haven't heard of a procedure to reduce lip size.

NW looks considerably different than LEK, and has much fuller lips if you look at those other images posted of her. It seems unlikely that's her. You can make your lips fuller but I haven't heard of a procedure to reduce lip size.

Understandable. (Just acknowledging ya :) )

But who has been submitted for comparison to Namus or to LE so far? Any updates? TIA

Were the DOBs she gave on her passport application for BST's parents their actual birth dates?

I have the DOB of BST's grandparents. The parents of BST's mom. I cannot find the birth record of BST's mom, or any of the siblings of BST's mom. Should be four siblings.

I would think with the full names and info on the grandparents, we could verify the dob of BST's mom, but have not be able to so far.

Yes, and who would write a letter of of reference without even dating it? Also, using the terms "from high school " and "after graduation" is odd and vague for a legit letter of reference. A little strange too that there are no phone numbers provided by this "employer/landlord". Idk, the whole thing sounds like something a naive teenager might come up with, IMO.

Why would Jane Doe want to manufacture an employment / rental history from Thailand of all places? Another strange thing. Was it her way of distancing herself from her real identity and past, or because she believed it would be harder to track down and verify, or possibly both.

It was right out of the 'how to dissapear book' I am convinced she was reading.

A vague letter going to hotel to act as a remailer so she could manage any inquiries. You notice that it is strange, but most people wouldn't give it a second look. Easier to take her word for it than to go through the hassle of verifying something via letter.

At this point, I tend to think LEK isn't going to be on any missing persons list, but here's one last shot:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/king_cindy.html

She looks generally similar around the eyes to me, although the nose is totally different and, like most of these MPs, she's too short. I throw her in the mix because she's in the right age range, she was last seen in Grant's Pass (which appears to be a straight shot south from Tacoma, an area that's been discussed here), and her fingerprints aren't on file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member