TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading over that article about the rapist in PA it struck me that he is from Cuba and LEK is known to have liked Cuban food. It doesn't say if the rapist and victim knew each other beforehand though, just though it was interesting. I wonder if there was a large Cuban community in PA at the time.

Don't know, but do know there is a good sized Cuban population in Los Angeles. In 1958 my parents attended New Years Eve party where all were excited about Castro coming to power. It didn't go as planned.

I hope that with all the new newspaper articles and renewed interest in this case, that there will be some kind of national media interested in it as well, a story in People magazine or Dateline or Dr. Phil would get a lot of people all over the country looking at her picture, and probably the most likely way she will ever be identified is if someone that knew her in the 80's remembers her.

I'm having a hard time understanding how her fingerprints aren't popping up somewhere.

What do you all think her story is? Your own theory of why she went to all this trouble just to live a seemingly normal life? A runaway from an abusive family? Abusive marriage? A kidnapped child? Illegal Immigrant? Aged out of the foster care system? Mental illness? Commuted or witnessed a crime? Personally I'm leaning towards her being raised in a commune/cult or a polygamous LDS community. Maybe she never had a SS number or BC.

I've never had my fingerprints taken. Ever. So it's possible her fingerprints have never been taken, especially if she was in a commune/cult. I didn't grow up in one but also have never had a reason to have my fingerprints taken.

Is that "BR" or B. Weber? Whole different guy.

Came up under a search I did for BR, but listed him as Blake Weber. If you compare the Pictures of BR I would say its the same person... Maybe Im seeing it wrong? Odd it comes up when I do a search for BR though.

Hmmmm. AstroKitty, I find this one very interesting. I wonder about what happens to the fingerprints. They are checked against arrests and warrants, but as the person is not guilty of a crime but just having prints run in the course of employment, they may deliberately NOT be entered into a national database for privacy reasons.

I know that the current FBI fingerprint database does include non-criminal fingerprints, for example from people entering the military or getting a security clearance for a job, possibly also for visa and citizenship applicants. Whether state or local agencies would have been submitting to the national database in the lost period of LEK's life, I don't know.

I was fingerprinted for a security clearance in the late 1970s, long before the system was automated. When I was fingerprinted for another security clearance in 2005, they used the electronic system and as soon as each of my fingerprints was scanned a flag showed up saying MATCHED, i.e. that I matched prints already in the database. But both of my clearances had to go through Federal agencies. I'm not sure if, for example, a local teacher was applying for criminal and child abuse clearances as part of a job, they would necessarily store those prints in the FBI's system though I'm pretty sure they would run the prints against the criminal part of the database.

I'm actually wonder when and how they got LEK's fingerprints. I know her in-laws were suspicious of her, but were they suspicious enough to have asked for post-mortem prints? Or would LE have routinely taken fingerprints in a suicide case?

I know that the current FBI fingerprint database does include non-criminal fingerprints, for example from people entering the military or getting a security clearance for a job, possibly also for visa and citizenship applicants. Whether state or local agencies would have been submitting to the national database in the lost period of LEK's life, I don't know.

I was fingerprinted for a security clearance in the late 1970s, long before the system was automated. When I was fingerprinted for another security clearance in 2005, they used the electronic system and as soon as each of my fingerprints was scanned a flag showed up saying MATCHED, i.e. that I matched prints already in the database. But both of my clearances had to go through Federal agencies. I'm not sure if, for example, a local teacher was applying for criminal and child abuse clearances as part of a job, they would necessarily store those prints in the FBI's system though I'm pretty sure they would run the prints against the criminal part of the database.

I'm actually wonder when and how they got LEK's fingerprints. I know her in-laws were suspicious of her, but were they suspicious enough to have asked for post-mortem prints? Or would LE have routinely taken fingerprints in a suicide case?

I think that because her death involved a firearm, then routine practice likely involved fingerprinting of the deceased and the gun itself to rule outany potential homicide.

Came up under a search I did for BR, but listed him as Blake Weber. If you compare the Pictures of BR I would say its the same person... Maybe Im seeing it wrong? Odd it comes up when I do a search for BR though.

I don't think that's our BR. If you look at the second-to-last photo, it has a caption that lists an "LR" but it's a totally different LR (blondish-red hair, shorter, etc.). As odd as it seems, I think there might be two LRs in that area of Texas.

It wasn't a scam business, but in my eyes it had some dodgy practice regarding spam. There were a number of complaints about spam practices occurring after people signed up to her database. This was during a time when spam practices were not well defined, so Lori could easily have felt she was just leveraging her assets.

The database was nothing out of the ordinary. Remember, it wasn't just mystery shopping. Some of the contracts required specific genders, ages, ethnicities, education. She would send out notifications to people who fit the criteria for a given assignment.

Thanks, agreed. It's interesting that she seems in her last years to be a fairly un-social (not necessarily "antisocial") person, and she chose a job where she could basically just work from home, yet she did go to those businesswomen meetings, etc.

Opps, I calculated incorrectly. I should have used one of LEK's worksheets. Silly me!!

I'm wondering if the boob job wasn't purely a matter of size. I searched images of pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum, 2 chest deformities related to Marfans. If LEK had that issue I can see why she would want boob job.

I realize she is not jolkay; I was sharing what I thought might be a connection between jolkay/Jolene and LEK, which could have been a shared interest of Irish music. I am new at this, but that didn't seem too far-fetched to at least toss the idea out. Sorry if I confused things.

We have not found any evidence that she was married before. There is another LEK that shows up when searching Texas marriage records, but I believe it has been determined that it is not the same LEK.

Edit to add: We were posting at the same time. Please go back and change the above postings to initials only. KJC has already been discussed.

As of 1990, when applying for a passport, she claims to have never been married. That could be a useful checkpoint for other potential marriages.

I thought I'd make another list of possibilities that seem close like I did pages earlier. This time though, I'm looking at very young teenage girls who disappeared in the 70s or who ran away. And I will say, I think we've looked into just about every person out there that's a reported missing or runaway from the mid to late 60s to the late 80s. I'm utterly fascinated now that we have a full story going on.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clitheroe_dorothy.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tomlinson_deborah.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leslie_cynthia.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lee_karen.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jason_nancy.html

I have found the Seattle Times article online worldwide, it has even been translated into Malay and Croatian. The story has been run everywhere except the Longview newspaper, which is strangely silent on the subject.
Has there been ANY local coverage? I can only find LEK's obit.

If it was carried in Dallas and Boise papers, comments might be especially interesting and useful.

Magnum P.E. - I find the Longview paper's silence especially curious. I subscribe and am quite tempted to point them to it and ask if there is any intent to cover it.

I had this same thought when I first started following this case and learned what her business was. The reason being, that I tried this mystery shopping thing years ago, and what a total waste of my time. Paid nothing to speak of, and they didn't even pay for the item I purchased at the store. All I got out of a review of a movie theater, was the tickets to the movie. That's it.

Also, they lived in a very small town, so mystery shopping opportunities would be rare and far between. And if she was recruiting others to do this, well, all I can say is imo, it's such a rip off it couldn't have made her any new friends. I wonder now if there had been any complaints filed against her with the BBB.

I would like to find out how much income, if any, she was actually bringing in, and where it really came from. :twocents:

What I find interesting is her GED marks. Her average was a squeaker of a 57%, with a good chunk of that in Social Studies. Then she declares bankruptcy WHILE attending Business school. Then, upon graduation, her career involves sketchy marketing schemes, temp positions, and self-made opportunities. It is as though she struggled to float at much of what she involved herself in. I can totally relate on an ADHD level. I am brilliant and tenacious at what I do as long as I am interested in it. I wonder if one or both of her parents also had ADHD and if LEK's survival/coping strategies were as a result of this.

As well, she seemed to be able to afford all the travelling and resources needed to change her identity in the late 80's. Assuming that she did use an identity broker, his/her fees likely did not come so cheap that a young transient woman could afford such.

Is it possible that her father scammed people and created a fraudulent nest egg that LEK herself made away with and left them....or maybe she accessed it in his death? At approx. 20-30 years of age, aside from her identity assumption (which I am convinced that she did not do alone) . . . she does not appear to be the brightest crayon in the box. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery