TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said her father completed highschool but she doesn't know what schooling her mother completed? That's... odd. I mean if you were trying to be generic and avoid further questions that is not the answer you would give! It says too much.

What kind of date is 7 0 88? (Date you became legal resident yada yada yada) In some ways she seems extremely bright and in other ways not so much.

It's probably for two reasons:

1. To spare the Ruffs any more grief, and

2. She probably didn't originally come from Longview. We all knew she was Lori Kennedy and then Lori Ruff. The folks in Longview most likely only knew her AFTER the identity "swap".

I do think it's a combination of that (much more so the first reason than the second), and also what someone above suggested - that the Ruffs may be able to keep it out of the paper. Nevertheless, a part of me still wishes it would be covered.

Was catching up on the ST comments and noticed a Deborah Stalder suggestion. VERY INTERESTING!

Another observation, but let's say that she feared someone who had been sentenced to 402 months on or before 1988. This would indicate that such an individual would be released ca2021. Around about 2008 and on -- you could be darn sure that I would be sweating bullets at the thought that someone could soon be released at any moment, should they be granted parole. This fear could definitely toss anyone off the deep end.

Here is my own wild speculation:

- Involved in the hacker/phreaker scene - maybe in CA, either directly or through others (boyfriend, possibly). This would explain her having CNA and other Ma Bell-related numbers.

- Got involved in "carding" - credit card fraud. There was an uptick in this activity in the 80's as numbers and schemes were traded and written about on BBS's. This would explain her familiarity with using PO Boxes - as fraudsters would sometimes have the illegally obtained merchandise delivered to PO Boxes or other drop locations.

- Probably got the identity-change info from a BBS textfile. I think the previous poster was on to something by suggesting Loompanics or Paladin - since many of the "interesting" textfiles on BBS's at the time originally came from these sources. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the exact file she (or her partner) used still resides at textfiles.com In fact I found a few pretty easily.

- Changed identities in order to escape fraud bust. Or, simply changed identities because of a perceived threat. Probably had help or was directed from someone else in the "community," since it's becoming obvious she did not have much of an eye for detail.

Another observation in-line with what others have said is that she looks closer to 30 in the Idaho drivers license picture. She probably pulled her hair back and wore minimal makeup in an effort to look younger.

It's probably for two reasons:

1. To spare the Ruffs any more grief, and

2. She probably didn't originally come from Longview. We all knew she was Lori Kennedy and then Lori Ruff. The folks in Longview most likely only knew her AFTER the identity "swap".

After some thought I think you are right. No one in Longview would likely have anything to contribute anyway, and nothing is to be gained by compounding the pain. Under the circumstances I find that I agree with the Longview newspaper's reasons for not covering the story.

Could she have been running from one of these guys, given her interest in modeling. I know police released headshots taken by Bradford. Don't know hoe to find those to see off she's pictured.

William Richard Bradford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rodney Alcala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why on earth do you think there's a connection to a serial killer?

I feel like this thread is becoming ridiculous and losing any seriousness that was at one point in here. All the great information and sleuthing that had been contributed is almost diluted with the off the wall things being slung around. :(

Many many people pose in photographs for various reasons, only a tiny percentage are "models". There are a few serial killers who targeted women who posed in photographs, but the likelihood of actually encountering a serial killer is rare. RARE. It's even more rare to encounter a serial killer, figure out that they are dangerous and live to tell about it let alone go on the run because of them!

I've tried my best to give factual and vital information (or a glance within) to a possible occupation as a stripper and even her modeling - but I'm doing a lot of this :banghead: because anything factual is being overran with sensationalistic opinions that act as a turn off.

There has been so many guests in this thread who don't post but do view it, I always hope that each of these guests has something to contribute that helps makes sense of identity theft/change and even maybe decoding her notes. I just don't know that at this point anyone would want to post because it's all so out of left field it's become comical.

This is by no means to slam to anyone in particular - I went on a tirade here of opinion with no personal feelings to any poster within this thread.

I'm obviously not a mod nor this site owner, I'm also not trying to tell anyone what to post. Again, this is all my feelings on it and usually I keep this sort of stuff to myself and just quit viewing the thread - but this is a case that is kind of unique and I want to participate, I want to read the well thought out sleuthing skills of other posters. I want to read stories from those that have lived similar lives or even did similar things as LEK. I just don't know that many will post when the entire thread is so derailed in outlandish theories. Hell, I'm shocked that no one has said she is probably an E.T or something lol.

Why on earth do you think there's a connection to a serial killer?

I feel like this thread is becoming ridiculous and losing any seriousness that was at one point in here. All the great information and sleuthing that had been contributed is almost diluted with the off the wall things being slung around. :(

Many many people pose in photographs for various reasons, only a tiny percentage are "models". There are a few serial killers who targeted women who posed in photographs, but the likelihood of actually encountering a serial killer is rare. RARE. It's even more rare to encounter a serial killer, figure out that they are dangerous and live to tell about it let alone go on the run because of them!

I've tried my best to give factual and vital information (or a glance within) to a possible occupation as a stripper and even her modeling - but I'm doing a lot of this :banghead: because anything factual is being overran with sensationalistic opinions that act as a turn off.

There has been so many guests in this thread who don't post but do view it, I always hope that each of these guests has something to contribute that helps makes sense of identity theft/change and even maybe decoding her notes. I just don't know that at this point anyone would want to post because it's all so out of left field it's become comical.

This is by no means to slam to anyone in particular - I went on a tirade here of opinion with no personal feelings to any poster within this thread.

I'm obviously not a mod nor this site owner, I'm also not trying to tell anyone what to post. Again, this is all my feelings on it and usually I keep this sort of stuff to myself and just quit viewing the thread - but this is a case that is kind of unique and I want to participate, I want to read the well thought out sleuthing skills of other posters. I want to read stories from those that have lived similar lives or even did similar things as LEK. I just don't know that many will post when the entire thread is so derailed in outlandish theories. Hell, I'm shocked that no one has said she is probably an E.T or something lol.

If you think this is bad, you should read the Elisa Lam threads (girl who ended up in a water tank on top of LA hotel). People were actually suggesting the Illuminati were responsible. I had to stop participating.... And it turned out it was an accidental death all along! I don't mind the speculation in this thread, but, as with most of these intriguing cases, I think we're going to end up with a pretty run of the mill answer, if any. I asked my bf for his opinion on why someone would totally change her identity and his answer was "I dunno... Mental problems? People think they can escape their lives and just start over, but no one really can." I have a feeling this may end up being that simple.

The thing that bothers me the most in many of the threads on this site is when people start naming suspects without any evidence. Earlier in this thread, someone accused Lori's husband of abuse without any facts to back it up. Accusations like that could result in libel charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimberlyJane523