TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post...sorry if I do anything wrong :)! My question is one that may have been addressed and I missed it somewhere.

How much older was LEK than Blake, or was it to be believed that they were the same age? Also, since so much of the story comes from the Ruffs do we have a timeline or info based on the family? Like when they married, where they married etc. The reason I am asking is because I wonder if mama Ruff had a daughter that she sent away for whatever reason, and LEK worked her way all the way back home (unwanted) and they suspected this. I know it's reaching just curious if anyone else thought they had to be related? They met fast and married fast, she clearly had her secrets, could one of them had been that she was somehow related to the family and worked her way back in? Please tell me if I am reaching, its just something thats bothered me since I started reading this story.

Hi NDMagoo, Welcome! It is great to have somebody with your eye for photography join in the discussion. I agree that none of the missing persons suggested look exactly like FLEK. It is difficult with age differences and the quality of photos. Interesting point on the wisp of hair on Kim's photo being similar to the early pictures of FLEK. I didn't notice it until you lined the pictures up as you did.

:welcome:

Here's the new forum! :woohoo:

Feel free to open the topic threads you need to keep things organized. If you need posts moved to the new threads, alert the post and state which thread you'd like it moved.

:tyou:

This is my first post...sorry if I do anything wrong :)! My question is one that may have been addressed and I missed it somewhere.

How much older was LEK than Blake, or was it to be believed that they were the same age? Also, since so much of the story comes from the Ruffs do we have a timeline or info based on the family? Like when they married, where they married etc. The reason I am asking is because I wonder if mama Ruff had a daughter that she sent away for whatever reason, and LEK worked her way all the way back home (unwanted) and they suspected this. I know it's reaching just curious if anyone else thought they had to be related? They met fast and married fast, she clearly had her secrets, could one of them had been that she was somehow related to the family and worked her way back in? Please tell me if I am reaching, its just something thats bothered me since I started reading this story.

Welcome tiffay01! Great first post. Your theory is interesting and not all that much of the stretch. My one immediate thought about it, though, is if they suspected she was the discarded daughter, I doubt they would have gone public with the story.

FLEK's husband (JBR) was born in 1969. She claimed to be born the same year, but most of us think this was older, possibly as much as 10 years older.

Feel free to open the topic threads you need to keep things organized. If you need posts moved to the new threads, alert the post and state which thread you'd like it moved.

Wow!! Thank you!!
:yourock:

ClaireNC, you have several of the lists already organized.. Maybe you should start some threads with those posted as the first post? I can't bring over the posts from the other thread, but you guys had a great list of subtopics going!

Welcome tiffay01! Great first post. Your theory is interesting and not all that much of the stretch. My one immediate thought about it, though, is if they suspected she was the discarded daughter, I doubt they would have gone public with the story.

FLEK's husband (JBR) was born in 1969. She claimed to be born the same year, but most of us think this was older, possibly as much as 10 years older.

Thank You. I thought about that, and I wonder if maybe the mother suspected it, and daddy Ruff didn't know anything her having a child prior to them meeting? Maybe he was the one who went public with it prior to really consulting her? It may have been something she began to suspect later on in the relationship and not necessarily in the beginning. Her inquisitive behavior drove FLEK to get paranoid she'd be found out and this caused the downward spiral. I am not sure, I really think that the Ruff's are far more involved in this situation than we know, and possible more so than anyone on the investigation team knows.

Very interesting theory, and one that needs to be followed up on! I think she looks more like her husband than any of the possible matches mentioned!

What if she was a daughter of her MIL who returned and her way to get back at her was to marry as she did?

I know a woman who was adopted. As an adult she seriously considered finding her biological father, seducing him and then at the last minute revealing who she was w/o letting anything happen. Then she found out he had died when she was a child.

Also, FLEK's eyebrows have a definite arch to them Kim's don't. But she could hav achieved this by plucking them top and bottom.

Welcome to Websleuths!
You have not done anything wrong, but that one is a bit of a stretch. I thought it was once a storyline on "Days of Our Mustard". I suppose anything is possible, though some things are pretty improbable. I would think that the family or friends would remember a hidden child and would connect FLEK with her.

ClaireNC, you have several of the lists already organized.. Maybe you should start some threads with those posted as the first post? I can't bring over the posts from the other thread, but you guys had a great list of subtopics going!

Thanks MrsTigglesworth, I am starting with the list we compiled yesterday. I don't know if I'll get to all of them, but I'll do what I can.

Thank You. I thought about that, and I wonder if maybe the mother suspected it, and daddy Ruff didn't know anything her having a child prior to them meeting? Maybe he was the one who went public with it prior to really consulting her? It may have been something she began to suspect later on in the relationship and not necessarily in the beginning. Her inquisitive behavior drove FLEK to get paranoid she'd be found out and this caused the downward spiral. I am not sure, I really think that the Ruff's are far more involved in this situation than we know, and possible more so than anyone on the investigation team knows.
I agree. I don't believe the Ruffs are telling everything they know about her.

Welcome to Websleuths!
You have not done anything wrong, but that one is a bit of a stretch. I thought it was once a storyline on "Days of Our Mustard". I suppose anything is possible, though some things are pretty improbable. I would think that the family or friends would remember a hidden child and would connect FLEK with her.

:floorlaugh: "Days of Our Mustard"

You might consider an explanation of "mustard" in your signature (for the newcomers).

ClaireNC.... You're doing excellent work on the topic threads. Thank you :)

Here is a place to discuss alternative theories.

You know the movie with Julia Roberts, Sleeping with the Enemy?
It was a book first. Released in 1987.
In the book, the main character's name is Sara but she changes it to Laura to escape her abusive husband and start a new life.
She fakes her own death and moves to CedarFalls.

Pass the mustard. ;)

Welcome to Websleuths!

Not necessarily. I won't push this theory over others, but do think it needs checking out. It wasnt until the mid 70s that society loosened up about women having babies out of wedlock. Prior to then it was kept secret and the mother was whisked away to have her baby in secret then it was put up for adoption.

:floorlaugh: "Days of Our Mustard"

You might consider an explanation of "mustard" in your signature (for the newcomers).

OK, one more time....
"Mustarding" or "Mustard Mode" refers to the game of Clue - as in "Colonel Mustard did it in the kitchen with a candlestick". It refers to coming up with complex explanations when simpler ones are more likely (see also Occam's Razor), and coming up with complex scenarios with no real evidence for them. Mustarding can also refer to the tendency of all of us to fit things together and see patterns when none really exist.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I agree that this is far-fetched and yet not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you know about the case of Elizabeth Eisel:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/eisel_elizabeth.html

Also, this: http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/151640/man_finds_out_hes_married

:eek:

I agree that this is far-fetched and yet not completely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you know about the case of Elizabeth Eisel:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/eisel_elizabeth.html

Also, this: http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/151640/man_finds_out_hes_married

:eek:

Okay, so this Elizabeth did it once then disappeared. Did she do it again. I know the height doesn't match, but the time may be right and the picture of her on the bottom left especially, the mouth looks very much like our two YOUNG LEK pics (I'm not yet 100% convinced the same person is in the older LEK pics). Again, the height is off, but the height is off in the licenses too and all of a sudden she was taller. The younger licenses (5'6""). Elizabeth 5'3" to 5"4", not so much off.

I went ahead and created several new threads based on the list we came up with yesterday. Now people, let's use them. As Kimster noted, if you need posts moved to the new threads hit the alert button and state which thread you want it moved to.

I find it helps to have two tabs open, one showing the list of new threads and this other with this main discussion thread.

I only added topics that we had listed yesterday. I can still edit those threads, so let me know if you see any glaring mistakes or anything I can do to clarify. If you see other topics that need to be covered, just go ahead and make up new topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*