TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so this Elizabeth did it once then disappeared. Did she do it again. I know the height doesn't match, but the time may be right and the picture of her on the bottom left especially, the mouth looks very much like our two YOUNG LEK pics (I'm not yet 100% convinced the same person is in the older LEK pics). Again, the height is off, but the height is off in the licenses too and all of a sudden she was taller. The younger licenses (5'6""). Elizabeth 5'3" to 5"4", not so much off.

No, no, no. I'm not suggesting that LEK is EE. I'm just throwing her out there as an example that this sort of thing (suggested upthread) can happen. :banghead:

:seeya: Good afternoon, everyone. I have to take off for an hour or two. When I return, I'll start moving previous posts over to the appropriate threads. In the meantime, the threads are open and ready for new posting.

No, no, no. I'm not suggesting that LEK is EE. I'm just throwing her out there as an example that this sort of thing (suggested upthread) can happen. :banghead:

Oh, I knew you weren't suggesting it! I guess maybe I was. Just seems their mouths are the same; and my thought was, if she changed her identity once, she may do it again. While I'm on that, I might as well spill out this one too. Because of the difference in LEK's pics from the younger ones to the older ones, it has crossed my mind that there could have been a change in possession of this false identity from one person to another and that the person in the younger pics may have moved on to another identity (or disappeared in some other manner. If you fall in line with the Lebaron theory, there may be some resemblance if the identity was passed from one family member to another (It is a big family with alot of different age ranges). Gotta remember there is that height difference in addition to the different nose and possibly teeth. OR, how do we know that the identity wasn't passed off to someone else entirely? For instance, do we know that FLEK is not this "Laciner" person at this point? I can't remember now if we ever found this person.

Another thought. There's been alot of inquiry about why LEK didn't take the identity of BST's other sisters who may have been closer in age. It's possible those identities were already taken and that she knew that. If she and some associates were taking the names at the same time, she would know this. Or, if a broker was helping her, she may have known this.

I know I'm throwing some things out that are "out there", I'm just one who believes in trying to see all the possibilities and then keeping all the options and possibilities open until all the evidence comes in.

Oh, I knew you weren't suggesting it! I guess maybe I was. Just seems their mouths are the same; and my thought was, if she changed her identity once, she may do it again. While I'm on that, I might as well spill out this one too. Because of the difference in LEK's pics from the younger ones to the older ones, it has crossed my mind that there could have been a change in possession of this false identity from one person to another and that the person in the younger pics may have moved on to another identity (or disappeared in some other manner. If you fall in line with the Lebaron theory, there may be some resemblance if the identity was passed from one family member to another (It is a big family with alot of different age ranges). Gotta remember there is that height difference in addition to the different nose and possibly teeth. OR, how do we know that the identity wasn't passed off to someone else entirely? For instance, do we know that FLEK is not this "Laciner" person at this point? I can't remember now if we ever found this person.

Another thought. There's been alot of inquiry about why LEK didn't take the identity of BST's other sisters who may have been closer in age. It's possible those identities were already taken and that she knew that. If she and some associates were taking the names at the same time, she would know this. Or, if a broker was helping her, she may have known this.

I know I'm throwing some things out that are "out there", I'm just one who believes in trying to see all the possibilities and then keeping all the options and possibilities open until all the evidence comes in.

Ah! I think EE was murdered by her brother/lover, but I see your point about passing around the ID. I might be wrong but I think it was discussed earlier that BST was chosen bc she was born in one state and died in another, and bc her name had been misspelled, making it harder to bust the "new" BST ID as fake.

Has anyone searched the city directories of the cities below for those years? Old phonebooks, newspapers for same? All sources should be found at the local main library in each area

lived in Scottsdale, Arizona, before moving to Dallas in 1987
Late 1980’s – Had a PO Box in Boulder City, Nevada
May 20, 1988 - Jane Doe gets a copy of Becky Sue’s birth certificate from Kern County, Calif.
June 16, 1988 - Jane Doe obtains an Idaho ID card with her picture and Becky Sue’s name. She now has government ID “proving” she’s Becky Sue. (Idaho ID using Becky Sue Turner's name)

Okay, I really don't know where to post this because I'm not sure I'm finding the new threads that are or are being set up. I was back to the phone number issue. So please move this post if there is a thread for phone number investigation. I am posting this link to telephone "exchanges" Just around the mid 80s the use of names for exchanges was being eliminated, but some areas still used them. So, if you're looking into phone numbers and scribblings on the paper, look at this too. I did see there is a "Jackson" exchange. I didn't go any further than that. I don't know how to use the chart, so it could be in Hawaii for all I know.

http://ourwebhome.com/TENP/Recommended.html

Oh, and before I get off that topic. I remember in the late eighties/early nineties, I had to go to the Library and use Criss-Cross directories to find phone numbers. Has anyone looked into these in the cities that the area codes came back to?

Oh, Looks like the Library of Congress has a collection: http://www.loc.gov/rr/business/directories/crisscross.html

Not sure where this goes, but I was thinking about the Honda car corp/bankruptcy situation and the atty.

I wonder if she was in a car wreck without any insurance, declared bankruptcy instead of continuing to pay for a car that was totaled, and perhaps injured someone badly in the wreck?

Then, she might have created a new identity to avoid consequences for the person she injured?

Turning "religious" might also help her segment injuring the person in her mind, like it was "old her" and now she's "new her."

This is my first post...sorry if I do anything wrong :)! My question is one that may have been addressed and I missed it somewhere.

How much older was LEK than Blake, or was it to be believed that they were the same age? Also, since so much of the story comes from the Ruffs do we have a timeline or info based on the family? Like when they married, where they married etc. The reason I am asking is because I wonder if mama Ruff had a daughter that she sent away for whatever reason, and LEK worked her way all the way back home (unwanted) and they suspected this. I know it's reaching just curious if anyone else thought they had to be related? They met fast and married fast, she clearly had her secrets, could one of them had been that she was somehow related to the family and worked her way back in? Please tell me if I am reaching, its just something thats bothered me since I started reading this story.

I actually thought about that myself. First of all, ALL the kids were sent away to boarding school when they were kids which is kind of...different. Second, I think LEK and Blake look a LOT alike and have some of the same mannerisms like the "teeth clenched" way that they both smile.

Notice that Blake also seems "flat" in the face in the Nasolabial fold area the same way LEK is? That's rather uncommon and very few, if any, of the Missing Persons who have been thought to 'resemble' LEK had this flatness in that area. Personally, I think they look enough alike that it's possible they could be brother and sister.

Lori3_zps9f87bd99.jpg

I am new to this subforum but just wanted to stop by and say that you all are rockstars. What an interesting case. Hopefully this gets solved.

They do eerily look alike. But some couples do over time I suppose.

They do eerily look alike. But some couples do over time I suppose.

Yes, they do and they even pick up on mannerisms from the other person...however, these two were only married 6 years at the most, I think. (2004-2010) So they weren't married for enough "time" to look this much alike. My husband and I have been married 1 1/2 times as long as these two and we don't look alike, nor do we share the same mannerisms.

I searched and found some discussion of her GED marks, but I didn't see anything questioning how low her Math and Science were yet she was taking comp sci and software engineering classes? (If I missed it, please forgive me.) Comp Sci is practically all math/logic. Especially the programming and engineering side. C (on her resume) is not an easy language to master. I just find it odd that someone with below average math score went into programming.

I posted the link to the story and to WS on my twitter. We all have our hobbies online and mine is entering sweepstakes and that is mainly what I use my twitter for. I have 411 people following me and they are from every state in the US, lots of mom bloggers, other people who enter sweeps etc. Anyhow, just trying to spread the word. ps> I asked them to retweet it too so maybe it will spread around quicker..fingers crossed.

You know the movie with Julia Roberts, Sleeping with the Enemy?
It was a book first. Released in 1987.
In the book, the main character's name is Sara but she changes it to Laura to escape her abusive husband and start a new life.
She fakes her own death and moves to CedarFalls.

Pass the mustard. ;)

I posted on another thread but somehow the whole last page "poofed" along with my post. If she was from the Pacific Northwest (which they think is a possibility) then "Cedar" makes sense. We have a lot of cedar around here and in Renton (about 20 miles from the Fife/Puyallup) area there is a river called the Cedar River.

Just an aside; I would be interested to know if she knew how to pronounce Puyallup. ONLY locals can pronounce it. People from other places have no idea how it's pronounced: Pew-AL-up or Pew-AWL-up

Hi all, I just wanted to poke my head in and say reading all of this back was very interesting. I find it fascinating and also sad that so many can go missing without a trace :/. IMO I do think jennifer wictor (sp) is a very good potential match. I think how JD's mouth is under her nose etc is very much like she has had a nose job. Problem is I can't find much about jennifers case :( anyway just my thoughts. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out :) keep up the awesome work!

AHh just realised she has diferent eye colour :( my bad :(

Ok. Last night I started looking at missing girls from that time frame. Seriously did not know how serious the problem of kidnapping was then! I was reading about Sharon Marshall and thought, woah, I was stationed in OKC around the time all that came to a nasty end. I did an internship with the OKC police and I remember that there was a huge stink about the crime lab work from years was possibly invalid due to a lazy/crooked lab person. I will have to look for an article. If you know that case you know why I mention the lab being corrupted. Anyway....
I thought, what if our FLEK was not worried about who called HER, but was researching who someone else was calling? What if SHE was trying to FIND someone? Thoughts of all the cases I read over the last two days of all the crazies like Franklin stealing kids and moving them through a network, men getting women pregnant and selling their kids, wow... So maybe she was a victim, and found out. I know some think Blake looks like her, maybe that was part of it, maybe not. Maybe she was freaked out by what she found and had to get away in a hurry. This all sounds like a soap opera, but after reading some of those cases, nothing is far fetched in my mind. Am I making sense?

Ok, I just rambled a whole page in alternate theories and won't duplicate here, but what if the CNA numbers were to figure out who someone else was calling, not who was calling her ?

My theory...

The lady we know as LEK ran into some trouble in her younger days. Maybe owed someone money? Maybe had an abusive boyfriend or husband? Sought a new identity to escape...but still tries to keep tabs on whoever she escaped from... hence the page of notes. Maybe she would call around occasionally and keep track of his phone bill, etc. and kept the page of notes and the letter so people would investigate in case she disappeared/was murdered, etc.

Clearly she had demons otherwise she wouldn't have committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP