TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Texas Drivers Licences, for Kennedy the expiry is July 18, 1997. Her photo is fairly young looking.
On the licence for Lori Ruff the expiry is also July 18, 1997 with a more mature look. Unless she married in the same year, this is impossible.

It was discussed a while back that many states let you reuse old photos one your driver's license. Here in Virginia they actually encourage you too. It costs more to get a new photo and you have to do it in person if you want a new photo. So it was speculated that she reused an older photo on her LEK license and then had a new current photo when she married and changed her name.

It was discussed a while back that many states let you reuse old photos one your driver's license. Here in Virginia they actually encourage you too. It costs more to get a new photo and you have to do it in person if you want a new photo. So it was speculated that she reused an older photo on her LEK license and then had a new current photo when she married and changed her name.

Oh! Sorry!
But why is the expiry date the same...97. She married Ruff in 2004?

On the Texas Drivers Licences, for Kennedy the expiry is July 18, 1997. Her photo is fairly young looking.
On the licence for Lori Ruff the expiry is also July 18, 1997 with a more mature look. Unless she married in the same year, this is impossible.

The expiration date on both the Lori Kennedy and Lori Ruff license are 7-18-07. That would be July 18, 2007. And she got married in 2004.

The expiration date on both the Lori Kennedy and Lori Ruff license are 7-18-07. That would be July 18, 2007. And she got married in 2004.

Hi Molly,

That's just it, that is what I'm questioning. The expiry dates.
She was a Ruff in 2003/4 why would the expiry date go back.... To 07?

Hi Molly,

That's just it, that is what I'm questioning. The expiry dates.
She was a Ruff in 2003/4 why would the expiry date go back.... To 07?
I'm assuming that when she got married in 2004, she "updated" her license which was set to expire on July 18, 2007, and they just updated it with her new name and kept the same expiration date. The date didn't go back or forward. It stayed the same as on her previous license. At that time (in 2004) she still had a few years left before time to renew her license. I think a license in TX is valid for 6 years. So maybe she had 4 or 5 years left before the 2007 expiration date.

I'm assuming that when she got married in 2004, she "updated" her license which was set to expire on July 18, 2007, and they just updated it with her new name and kept the same expiration date. The date didn't go back or forward. It stayed the same as on her previous license. At that time (in 2004) she still had a few years left before time to renew her license. I think a license in TX is valid for 6 years. So maybe she had 4 or 5 years left before the 2007 expiration date.

-- I meant go back to 97 exp. if she married in 03 or 04, exp can't go back!
I'm think I'm crazy....:facepalm:

I noticed that too. The first license she supposedly had used a 10-year old picture which is apparently allowed in some states (not in mine). The other license is probably a real, recent picture and the license was probably changed because she married.

-- I meant go back to 97 exp. if she married in 03 or 04, exp can't go back!
I'm think I'm crazy....:facepalm:

I'm not getting where you're seeing the 97 expiration date. I'm looking at the driver's license in the ST Gallery. And Items 20 and 21 have the expiration date as 7-18-07 not 7-18-97

not too sure where this goes; remember the bit she wrote down that said 'these eyes".. I was going through my records today and stumbled upon "the Guess Who" and one of the songs is 'these eyes"

not too sure where this goes; remember the bit she wrote down that said 'these eyes".. I was going through my records today and stumbled upon "the Guess Who" and one of the songs is 'these eyes"

This is beautiful Burton Cummings sang it. (of The Guess Who)

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but in addition to the name Becky being spelled "Beckie" on the death certificate, the birthdate is also different. On the birth certificate for Becky Sue Turner, it lists July 18, 1969 as her birth date. On the death certificate for Beckie Sue Turner, it lists 7-15-1969 as her birth date.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

I am working on a theory based on some info I ran across today, just wanted to ask what you thought about this.. I know this is NOT FLEK but thinking close close relative.. ... I want to look more into what I am doing and it's gonna take some time but if I am barking up the wrong face type let me know
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373763139.631018.jpg

I am working on a theory based on some info I ran across today, just wanted to ask what you thought about this.. I know this is NOT FLEK but thinking close close relative.. ... I want to look more into what I am doing and it's gonna take some time but if I am barking up the wrong face type let me know
View attachment 35679
Can't really say based on that limited info, but IMO all possible leads are worth investigating.

I'm not getting where you're seeing the 97 expiration date. I'm looking at the driver's license in the ST Gallery. And Items 20 and 21 have the expiration date as 7-18-07 not 7-18-97

I had my first full out brain fart, my apologies! :banghead: I have no idea why.

View attachment 35679

Funny, I was wondering what she would look like with her mouth closed. In all photos her mouth is the same.
Looks similar.... Not sure about the top lip

I noticed that too. The first license she supposedly had used a 10-year old picture which is apparently allowed in some states (not in mine). The other license is probably a real, recent picture and the license was probably changed because she married.

Yes, living in Texas they encourage you to renew your license online and use the SAME picture. This will save you $10.00 if you do it that way. If you renew in person, say because you lost it or married etc. you will keep the same picture unless requested by the person, and the only information that changes is the name and/or address. Not the expiration dates.

Yes, living in Texas they encourage you to renew your license online and use the SAME picture. This will save you $10.00 if you do it that way. If you renew in person, say because you lost it or married etc. you will keep the same picture unless requested by the person, and the only information that changes is the name and/or address. Not the expiration dates.

My state allows that now; I did that this time around. However we could never do that before and we certainly couldn't use a 10 year old picture. I've loved every other DL picture I've had and I've hated every other one. I would LOVE to be able to use an old picture of choice. :D

I had my first full out brain fart, my apologies! :banghead: I have no idea why.

I have those too. :facepalm: You were probably focusing on the fact that the pic was taken in 1997, which I guess Texas allows.

Can't really say based on that limited info, but IMO all possible leads are worth investigating.

That is what I like about you all is that you pick every little detail apart down to the tiniest possibility. And personally, I think what ya'll are doing (and the investigator and journalist) will be so appreciated years from now when LEK's daughter is going to want to know who her mother truly was, her family history, etc.
I know on the Seattle message board several people throughout would make comments about leaving it alone, letting her rest in peace..that gets on my nerves when people do that..I don't know why they don't just move on and worry about something else..lol It is human nature to want to know about your family, so baby Ruff will be glad that people cared enough to try and help.
Lastly, as I said a few days ago, I have been tweeting the link to the Seattle news story twice a day hoping some of my follower's will find and interest in it and keep retweeting it with the hope of eventually getting it to "trend" or go viral. I also shared the story on my FB and now a few of my friends are taking an interest...I believe word of mouth along with what ya'll are doing is gonna eventually solve this. Oh and I did tweet the story to Anderson Cooper..maybe I will tweet it to Nancy Grace and some of those anchor's on HLN. Makes me feel like I am helping a little bit.:blushing: Have a good day everyone .:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro