TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read through the 6 pages on Sheri Lynn, Michael and Freda (is there more info elsewhere? Felt like I was entering mid-conversation). Anyhow, two things stood out to me with relation to FLEK - the multiple references to forgers and the Asian connection.

If I am not mistaken, we previously addressed the issue of BSTs parents birth dates and they are on BST's birth certificate. I think I checked that the last time the post about the Japanese attacks was posted. Could be wrong if the poster wants to check that.

I see that the Giustis were the first ones listed in Websleuths as ruled out. I just have to ask, who rules them out? I see in namus that they have DNA. does that automatically mean that anyone in namus with DNA is ruled out?

If I am not mistaken, we previously addressed the issue of BSTs parents birth dates and they are on BST's birth certificate. I think I checked that the last time the post about the Japanese attacks was posted. Could be wrong if the poster wants to check that.

Owutatangledweb, I don't see RW or TT's DOB on the birth certificate. Is there a different copy than the one posted in the link below?

http://seattletimes.com/html/localpages/2021243300_janedoeevidence.html

I posted something about this back in the middle of December, and I didn't see any mention of it in any of the subsequent posts. Could it have been posted by someone else earlier?

I apologize if I reposted something that had already been discussed. I didn't see it earlier, but it's very possible I could have missed it.

BST's parents' ages are on her birth certificate, but not their dates of birth. Their alleged dates are, however, found on FLEK's passport application.

BST's parents' ages are on her birth certificate, but not their dates of birth. Their alleged dates are, however, found on FLEK's passport application.

Thanks HerStory. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the dates were actually correct or not. If they were, it may indicate she has some connection to BST's family. If they're not, whatever reasons she picked these dates may provide some clues to her past.

The 2 dates she listed as her parents birthdays correspond to Japanese air attacks against allied forces during WW2 (one in Australia, the other the anniversary of Pearl Harbor). If nothing else, this would bolster the theory that LR came from a military family.

Thanks HerStory. I was just wondering if anyone knew if the dates were actually correct or not. If they were, it may indicate she has some connection to BST's family. If they're not, whatever reasons she picked these dates may provide some clues to her past.

The 2 dates she listed as her parents birthdays correspond to Japanese air attacks against allied forces during WW2 (one in Australia, the other the anniversary of Pearl Harbor). If nothing else, this would bolster the theory that LR came from a military family.

Hi Sleuths, I just wanted to let you know that I did some hunting, trying to find Terry and Rosemary Turner's DOBs. My Google skills don't come with the "Anecstry.com paid membership" expansion pack, and my free membership to the EBSCO database provided by my college expired when I graduated. I worked with what I had as long as I could stand it, but my eyeballs have organized and are planning to go on strike, so I think I'm going to bed...

:seeya:

Hi Sleuths, I just wanted to let you know that I did some hunting, trying to find Terry and Rosemary Turner's DOBs. My Google skills don't come with the "Anecstry.com paid membership" expansion pack, and my free membership to the EBSCO database provided by my college expired when I graduated. I worked with what I had as long as I could stand it, but my eyeballs have organized and are planning to go on strike, so I think I'm going to bed...

:seeya:

Thanks Michael. I had the same problem when trying to find their DOB's. I even tried searching for TT's employer (which is on the BST's birth certificate...but not his DOB).

It's probably nothing, but FLEK left so few clues about her past that I'm really just grasping at straws. I also remember reading that people who steal an identity sometimes leave little details (like their parents DOB) as either the same as their real parents or something that's significant to them so its easier to remember. You create and live this lie and sometimes it's hard to remember smaller details like that.

RmW's dob is 12/29/1946. I can't remember if I found TJT's dob....but I assume that neither dates will match if RmW's does not.

I've been researching the parents DOB discrepancy a bit further, and I noticed another (possibly meaningless but still curious connection).

Broome, Austrailia which was attacked by the Japanese on March 3, 1942 (which is the exact date FLEK lists as her father's birthday). Broome was an aircraft refueling port during the war, but prior to that, it was primarily Pearling Harbor.

I still don't think it's a coincidence that she picked these two dates, but I'm still trying to find a link.

I've been researching the parents DOB discrepancy a bit further, and I noticed another (possibly meaningless but still curious connection).

Broome, Austrailia which was attacked by the Japanese on March 3, 1942 (which is the exact date FLEK lists as her father's birthday). Broome was an aircraft refueling port during the war, but prior to that, it was primarily Pearling Harbor.

I still don't think it's a coincidence that she picked these two dates, but I'm still trying to find a link.

I don't think it is a coincidence either. I think perhaps she picked those dates so that she would remember them if anyone asked. Every American knows Pearl Harbor Day. But who on earth would use the attack on Broome as a mnemonic device? An American would not, but an Australian might. Have we been looking on the wrong continent?
Anyone know if the Seattle Times story was carried in Australia? It might be a good thing if her pictures were disseminated there. It is a heretofore unpursued lead, and as good as anything else we have at this time.

I do not know if this has been mentioned I apologize if it has.Is it possible that she is Canadian?

It used to be easy to enter the US from Canada through unmanned border crossings.

I do not know if this has been mentioned I apologize if it has.Is it possible that she is Canadian?

It used to be easy to enter the US from Canada through unmanned border crossings.

Yes, it was brought up as a possibility in the past. I don't recall anyone finding any possible missing persons in Canada who fit FLEK's physical description and age.

I don't think it is a coincidence either. I think perhaps she picked those dates so that she would remember them if anyone asked. Every American knows Pearl Harbor Day. But who on earth would use the attack on Broome as a mnemonic device? An American would not, but an Australian might. Have we been looking on the wrong continent?
Anyone know if the Seattle Times story was carried in Australia? It might be a good thing if her pictures were disseminated there. It is a heretofore unpursued lead, and as good as anything else we have at this time.

maybe shes related to the Taman Shud guy ;) His ID was never found out either...
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/portrait-may-hold-key-to-somerton-man-beach-mystery/story-fni0ffnk-1226674957043

Yes, it was brought up as a possibility in the past. I don't recall anyone finding any possible missing persons in Canada who fit FLEK's physical description and age.

actually there was one...
https://www.facebook.com/MissingLoriLeeBerens
http://www.macp.mb.ca/results.php?id=561
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/ar/t2451.htm

she had a pic that showed her as "heavy", but she also had one as lean. She was very tall,( one report says 5'7 one says 6'0) went missing around the same time possibly of her own accord.
it has been mentioned, and she has not been ruled out.
also, someone who had taken history in Canada may know the dates of an attack on Australia since both Canada and Australia are connected by the United Kingdom. (or at least were up till the end of the 80s)

Plus...its a direct shot from Winnipeg to Dallas!!!

Attachments

• Firefox_Screenshot_2014-01-25T19-08-58.242Z.png
    Firefox_Screenshot_2014-01-25T19-08-58.242Z.png
    964.2 KB · Views: 66
actually there was one...
https://www.facebook.com/MissingLoriLeeBerens
http://www.macp.mb.ca/results.php?id=561
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/ar/t2451.htm

she had a pic that showed her as "heavy", but she also had one as lean. She was very tall,( one report says 5'7 one says 6'0) went missing around the same time possibly of her own accord.
it has been mentioned, and she has not been ruled out.
also, someone who had taken history in Canada may know the dates of an attack on Australia since both Canada and Australia are connected by the United Kingdom. (or at least were up till the end of the 80s)
Her sister from the fb page said in Oct 13th in a comment that it was not her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member