TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much convinced that LEK was home-schooled based on how bad she writes. This would be why she had to get a GED and go off to community college. Anyone know anything about her immunizations?

I'm pretty much convinced that LEK was home-schooled based on how bad she writes. This would be why she had to get a GED and go off to community college. Anyone know anything about her immunizations?

This is not necessarily true. Home Schooled children generally do much, much better than kids in schools on standardized tests.

Regarding the third reason, there is new research showing that the average home-schooler who takes standardized achievement tests is doing very well. The study, commissioned by the Home School Legal Defense Association and conducted by Brian Ray, an internationally recognized scholar and president of the nonprofit National Home Education Research Institute (NHERI), is called “Progress Report 2009: Homeschool Academic Achievement and Demographics.”

The study included almost 12,000 home-school students from all 50 states who took three well-known standardized achievements tests — the California Achievement Test, the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and the Stanford Achievement Test — for the 2007-08 academic year. The students were drawn from 15 independent testing services, making it the most comprehensive home-school academic study to date.

The results reinforced previous home-school studies conducted over a period of 25 years.

Five areas of academic pursuit were measured. In reading, the average home-schooler scored at the 89th percentile; language, 84th percentile; math, 84th percentile; science, 86th percentile; and social studies, 84th percentile. In the core studies (reading, language and math), the average home-schooler scored at the 88th percentile.

The average public school student taking these standardized tests scored at the 50th percentile in each subject area.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/aug/30/home-schooling-outstanding-results-national-tests/

It was meant more as a question, which made sense after i read a few things.

and the context of the home schooling is kind of important, too, and will affect results. i think that odd "e" is still an important clue for the kind of schooling she received as a child.

Just my opinion but the paper with notes could have started out as a piece of paper next to the phone where she wrote notes and also any housemates if she had them. Could explain the different styles of writing on there too and she may have just written something down and taken out the paper away? I know it's a theory but there are many so thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in :/ also my writing is terrible and I went to school and private college in snr so it's hard to say wether she is maybe just be lazy as I am or didn't concentrate which the ADHD would have made even harder for her?

Definitely a possibility.

Also keep in mind that LEK could've very well destroyed those pages before committing suicide. She also could've left the notes page as a sort of red herring.

Maybe I'm watching too much Prison Break but the notes could be little scribbles meant to jog her memory for something. I used to keep a journal of sorts and sometimes I would just write little one line notations like "September 5th cabin...Red cup." To you that may mean nothing but to me it's a whole story.

I don't think her handwriting is all that unusual, frankly, possibly because it's similar to my own. I'm approximately the age she is thought to have been, and it is certainly true that having nice handwriting was something that was emphasized in school when I was a kid, especially for girls. But I went to five different schools in two different countries during the kindergarten through fifth grade period when handwriting is usually taught, so I didn't get consistent instruction. I also had pretty bad vision until I got glasses in the fifth grade. I never really put much effort into my handwriting.

The desk I'm sitting at now has several random pages of notes that look a lot like the kind that were published for LEK. I just scraps of pages to jot down things as reminders or to keep in front of me as I move to the next step in a task. I write in a combination of cursive and printing. Some of my letters and numbers are non-standard shapes, and I don't even write them the same way every time. My handwriting is not a very good way for me to communicate with others, but I can read it perfectly well myself. Well, most of the time I can.

I don't think the immunization angle is important. The anti-vaccination connection to homeschooling didn't arise until schools started requiring proof of immunizations for school entry, which wouldn't have started until the late 80s or 90s.

What is most odd to me about her notes is that she kept them. I would guess that most of what is on her notes pages is useless, but she kept them because of a few nuggets that we have yet to discover.

Abusive parents often pull their kids from public school & "homeschool" the kids so they won't get questioned about all the injuries they inflict on them.

It could be a sign of a neglected childhood and learning disability. 2 of my kids have delayed speech & writing & they get lots of help and attention--I can't imagine if they were just left to figure it all out alone. A neglectful foster home or parents on drugs/criminals/severe mental illness would also be an explanation.

Her resume was very poorly written--the language is awkward and stilted.

Teenage runaway/high school drop out?

What really stumps me is what reason would a young woman have to disappear so completely?

I agree with other posters who wondered if it was to escape an abusive relationship, wouldn't she be "tracking" the abuser to make sure they never cross paths? At least that's what I would do!

Embezzlement? It may have been detected & she fled before they arrested her.

Large debt? She did file for bankruptcy as LEK, so it appears she has a problem with money.

Court testimony approaching? Was she going to be a witness in a criminal trial and was afraid of reprisals?

I think the impetus of her leaving her identity behind does not necessarily mean it was a MAJOR issue because of her demonstrated mental instability. She seemed to spiral down after her separation/divorce and she was agitated, obsessed, possessed a firearm, stalking, etc. Was this her usual reaction to stress?

Wow, this is such an intruiging case! Very sad and tragic for all, especially her daughter. My first reaction when seeing a picture of LEK and her husband was that they looked so much alike they could be brother and sister. She looks more like her husband than any of the missing profiles posted. I don't think they are siblings, but they do look so much alike. Could they possibly be related somewhow? Could LEK have sought the Ruff family out, and married into the family without them suspecting? I don't really think that's the case here, but I do think it should be ruled out. Also, I find it very strange that even though this was a suicide, no autopsy? Why not? By law shouldn't there have been one? And LEK being cremated is disturbing to me under the circumstances. I hope all the papers, notes and anything else LEK left behind that can lead to identifying her and how and why she changed her identity has been handed over to the investigators and that nothing was held back. ... Anyway, that's my 2 cents, and just want to say how impressed I am with everyone here! Someone somewhere just has to know who LEK really is! I hope the answers come soon. Would love to see Dateline and 48 Hours do a show featuring this case!

I was thinking about the case today. I think we are making the following assumptions that may be wrong:
1. FLEK WAS IN CALIFORNIA BEFORE SHE GOT HER IDAHO ID.
2. SHE MOVED TO TEXAS ALONE
3. SHE LIVED ONLY AS LORI KENNEDY AFTER HER MOVE
4. HER FAMILY WAS NOT AWARE SHE CHANGED HER ID
5. SHE ONLY LIVED IN TEXAS AFTER SHE ARRIVED IN TEXAS
6. BLAKE WAS HER 1st husband

Also if the med she was taking was thought to be for ADHD ... Well I have friends that take that drug to lose weight and to stay up all night to study. Just sayin. She could have told Blake it was for ADHD , who is he to argue?

8ufok as in Sharon Marshall? maybe a Floyd connection or Church of the new song?

~ sorry sloane7777, how does 8ufok relate to Sharon Marshall? :)
and I guess I'm blind, I can't find those letters on the 'notes'.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/8ufok.html

Got it!! the case number which of course was mentioned previously!
Uhmm...

From this, I ended up here:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html This one discusses handwriting.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moseley_julie.html

What do you guys think? 2 other girls to click on in that link, never mind, I just added the 2 other links.

ETA: Another link, look at the upward glance. Hope I can find something with the handwriting...

http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/index.aspx

From this, I ended up here:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/trlica_mary.html This one discusses handwriting.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moseley_julie.html

What do you guys think? 2 other girls to click on in that link, never mind, I just added the 2 other links.

ETA: Another link, look at the upward glance. Hope I can find something with the handwriting...

http://www.missingtrio.com/TRIO/index.aspx

Im confused how you got to the missing trio, one of my coworkers lived across the street from Racheal, I dont think there is any connection :(

The thing that puzzles me, is the P.O. box in Boulder City, which sounds like it was maintained until well after living in Texas. If she was cutting ties with her past, why pay for a P.O. box in her old city (and even arrange for the mail to be forwarded from it)? I would think that the people who knew her in NV, knew her as her real name- not LEK. If she trusted anyone with her new identity, they could send the mail to the Texas P.O. box that she had. Why did she need to keep some connection to Boulder City? I think she DID want to give someone from her past a way to contact her...in a safe, distanced way. Very strange.

Wow, this is such an intruiging case! Very sad and tragic for all, especially her daughter. My first reaction when seeing a picture of LEK and her husband was that they looked so much alike they could be brother and sister. She looks more like her husband than any of the missing profiles posted. I don't think they are siblings, but they do look so much alike. Could they possibly be related somewhow? Could LEK have sought the Ruff family out, and married into the family without them suspecting? I don't really think that's the case here, but I do think it should be ruled out. Also, I find it very strange that even though this was a suicide, no autopsy? Why not? By law shouldn't there have been one? And LEK being cremated is disturbing to me under the circumstances. I hope all the papers, notes and anything else LEK left behind that can lead to identifying her and how and why she changed her identity has been handed over to the investigators and that nothing was held back. ... Anyway, that's my 2 cents, and just want to say how impressed I am with everyone here! Someone somewhere just has to know who LEK really is! I hope the answers come soon. Would love to see Dateline and 48 Hours do a show featuring this case!

I completely agree with you on this and I have pointed this very thing out myself. Her husband was supposedly "different". She may have known who the family was (because she was related) and deliberately sought him out to give him attention which caused him to be attracted to her.

The thing that puzzles me, is the P.O. box in Boulder City, which sounds like it was maintained until well after living in Texas. If she was cutting ties with her past, why pay for a P.O. box in her old city (and even arrange for the mail to be forwarded from it)? I would think that the people who knew her in NV, knew her as her real name- not LEK. If she trusted anyone with her new identity, they could send the mail to the Texas P.O. box that she had. Why did she need to keep some connection to Boulder City? I think she DID want to give someone from her past a way to contact her...in a safe, distanced way. Very strange.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I suspect she could have kept in contact with some people from her past ESPECIALLY if she was from the Lebaron family. Some of those folks were in Texas.

So I found lots of unclaimed for a "lori Kennedy" with various middle initials.
I saw where she had lived in Bedford and Carrolton...so here is what I got from just those two towns..may or may not, I dont know what addresses she lived at there, does anyone?

Another nice find! We have a thread for Texas addresses. Texas addresses - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Ancestry.com ties her to 2436 Harwood Rd. Apt. 387, Bedford, Texas 76021

Here is the individual post with known/suspected addresses.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=9656234

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member