TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!!! Use the individual threads! It helps soooo much with keeping all the details straight.

Why not just close this thread?

sorry! I am non-compliant :( I dont mean to be

I saw what you'd previously posted; I'll just say that I looked up myself on that same site and it had the information about the person who stole my identity as a "related" person. It also had places my parents listed as places I lived as well as places my sisters lived as my places. I don't really trust those sites for concrete data. Maybe for leads.

The forum has been set up to keep the information organized. Please post in the appropriate threads. Ideally, a forum doesn't have a general discussion thread. I'd like to keep this one open for you, but it might have to go.

Only information on the internet pertaining to the Lori Kennedy Ruff in question can be linked/posted. We also cannot post personal information about other individuals because we *think* they're related to FLEK. I've removed some posts already tonight, and will probably remove more.

Any questions should be directed to a mod/admin in a private message. Please do not post them in the threads.

:tyou:

Thank you, Besse! The mod team here is truly wonderful. :clap:

Can we keep in mind that we also have a tread for Possible Matches? It makes it much easier to keep track of who we have already discussed and ruled out if they are all in one thread.

The thing that puzzles me, is the P.O. box in Boulder City, which sounds like it was maintained until well after living in Texas. If she was cutting ties with her past, why pay for a P.O. box in her old city (and even arrange for the mail to be forwarded from it)? I would think that the people who knew her in NV, knew her as her real name- not LEK. If she trusted anyone with her new identity, they could send the mail to the Texas P.O. box that she had. Why did she need to keep some connection to Boulder City? I think she DID want to give someone from her past a way to contact her...in a safe, distanced way. Very strange.

We don't know if drop box in Nevada was maintained for any length of time. It might have only been used for a couple of months. If she had mail using her "real" name forwarded through that box, we probably would not be here discussing this case.

While the SSA investigator has not specifically said this, I suspect that she filled out a change of address form from the Boise, Idaho address used for Becky Sue and had that mail forwarded to the Nevada address. From Nevada it was forwarded to a PO or drop box in Texas. This would simply give her notification if the Idaho ID was in anyway questioned while she was transforming her identity into Lori Erica Kennedy.

I've been doing some research into unclaimed moneys and have found a few with our girls details with money owing from a Walmart and also some have addresses. It means nothing to me being in Australia so thought maybe someone who knows those areas she was in could maybe search that avenue :) just another idea to find areas she may have been in :)

I would type in unclaimed money texas and also do a separate search for unclaimed money usa. That's how I found details for the Walmart and a bank. Hope it helps. I really don't know how to filter that info with not knowing areas etc.

One thing that I'm curious about is what name was her Boulder City mailbox under?

We don't know if drop box in Nevada was maintained for any length of time. It might have only been used for a couple of months. If she had mail using her "real" name forwarded through that box, we probably would not be here discussing this case.

While the SSA investigator has not specifically said this, I suspect that she filled out a change of address form from the Boise, Idaho address used for Becky Sue and had that mail forwarded to the Nevada address. From Nevada it was forwarded to a PO or drop box in Texas. This would simply give her notification if the Idaho ID was in anyway questioned while she was transforming her identity into Lori Erica Kennedy.

I guess I'm not explaining it right, but it seems odd to me. The P.O. box in Boulder City had to have been in her original name, and the one in Texas would have been in the name of "Lori Kennedy". Wouldn't that have had the potential for someone to ask questions? I don't think she would have been worried about old mail (even if it was months old), if she's carefully forging a new identity. I don't know anything about the paperwork involved for getting a P.O. box, but I imagine the Post Office (even in 1988) requires some proof of identity. Whose name was the box in Boulder City under? How did the investigator learn of it? Since her big break from the past *seems* to have begun at the same time as she had that box, I think there are some clues there. What a fascinating case! :lookingitup:

Im confused how you got to the missing trio, one of my coworkers lived across the street from Racheal, I dont think there is any connection :(

The Sharon Marshall link led me to the Franklin Floyd links, which suggest he could have kidnapped the 3 girls. The 3 girls progressed age photos, 2 are sort of similar to FLEK, (along with height, weight, dob) and all 3 are from Texas. The writing also said something about a 3 looking like a B, and so on... The individual links have the age photos, not the last "trio" link. Was thinking FLEK could have been a victim of kidnap, along with many other theories.

If the P.O. box in Boulder City WASN'T in her old name, she would have had to set it up after she became "Lori Kennedy", which still doesn't fit. Why have some of your mail sent to Nevada...then on to Texas? Who even knew her as "Lori" yet? If it was just business mail, it could have gone to Texas directly. I still think she expected someone from her past to contact her someday, and she was going to allow it...in a roundabout way. I'm so confused!!! :blushing:

Sorry, Claire! It just sunk into my thick head. The Nevada P.O. box was in the name of "Becky Sue Turner". I'm disappointed, because I thought Boulder City may have been of some significance.

The Sharon Marshall link led me to the Franklin Floyd links, which suggest he could have kidnapped the 3 girls. The 3 girls progressed age photos, 2 are sort of similar to FLEK, (along with height, weight, dob) and all 3 are from Texas. The writing also said something about a 3 looking like a B, and so on... The individual links have the age photos, not the last "trio" link. Was thinking FLEK could have been a victim of kidnap, along with many other theories.

Oh duh! I do remember that , I just never put much stock in it but you are right :) my brain is so tired LOL

Ok, folks. Please use the topic-specific threads instead of this one. If there isn't a topic specific thread (such as "unclaimed money"), make one! This really helps streamline the conversation and avoiding repeat information. Each of us can concentrate on one topic without being "interrupted" by thoughts from another trail altogether.

Here is the link to the forum with all the FLEK forum!

Mysterious woman from Longview, Texas - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Alternately, if you're in a FLEK thread and want to go back to the main forum, you can click on the part I circled in YELLOW below and go back to the root folder of the forum. (The red arrow points to the bold name of the thread you are currently in.)

adhu.jpg

I have been having the discussion of "unclaimed money" moved to the Texas Addresses thread.

I am going to go ahead and post this here, because of now, I don't think it deserves it's own thread. If someone can clear this up quickly, awesome, if not and feels it needs discussing, lets start a thread for it!!

What happened to the PARTIAL SS # from NJ that the original investigator whom webrocket contacted mentioned in the old old post here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

AND I HAVE A PARTIAL SSN ALSO USED WHICH IS FROM NJ.

Our leads are expanding.. Including the northeast possibly, so I didn't want anyone to dismiss a NJ connection, just because it had not been mentioned recently.

Apologies if I missed where this was dismissed/solved.
Moo

Hi, I'm new on this forum, but I've been following along and I think I'm reasonably familiar with the evidence, so I'll try not to waste everybody's time.

There's one theory that I haven't seen on here that seems patently obvious to me: She cheated on her GED. I'm not sure how much closer that info gets us to the identity of BST-1 day, but it should shed some light on her situation at the time.

Her GED scores (95% on Reading, 58% on writing;93% on social studies, 43% on science) indicate to me one of three possibilities:

1. She was a voracious reader why could barely write, who read a tremendous amount of social studies but absolutely no science; or

2. She ate a HUGE bowl of Wheaties on 4/14/90; or

3. She had a ringer sit for the test for her on 4/14/90

I'm not coming up with any 4th explaination.

Of course, if I'm right that would be a huge risk for someone who is trying to hide beneath the radar. Also, how was it done? Obviously it would involve another false ID for the ringer. Finally, who did she know that she trusted enough do that for her.

Comments?

But on ONE DAY, she loses her test anxiety and knocks the test out of the park!
Then her "test anxiety" come back.

A lot of people are bad at math. I'm just saying that getting "A"s on one day and "D"s and "F"'s on all of the other days would attract the attention of any schoolteacher in America as an indication that something isn't kosher.

I have ADHD and I'm amazing at a few things but when it comes to math? I am awful. I know the answers but when given choices a) b ) C) I just get confused and say "EH WHATEVER". And that's where test anxiety comes in.

Plus the easiest thing to BS on multiple choice is comprehension and writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro