TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here and I have been following and reading this forum with great interest. Great bit of sleuthing there William-90!

I know it's a long shot but I am just throwing this out there and see what you guys think.
I was wondering whether it is possible that this lady grew up in some sort of religious cult or sect, for example FLDS? I suppose that would explain her conservative or "traditional" ways and it would also, make sense as to why she changed her identity so much? Just a thought.

Not that long a shot. There is an entire separate thread devoted to a set of theories that she was connected to a specific branch of the FLDS. You should read the entire thread. It is still my favorite theory to explain this case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215584-LDS-Theories-Relations-to-LeBarons-Chenoweths

Here are my thoughts, sorry if some have been discussed already, I've read a lot of stuff so far and haven't seen much of this discussed.

Perhaps no-one (from her past) is or was looking for her because she either...

- Was one of those people who move around a lot and only make contact every few years or more so no-one thinks anything is wrong. She may have contacted friends/family right up to her death, who knows? (I know someone like this) an abusive past could cause this

- or her family really is dead or in prison

- perhaps her family knows she disappeared and why and aren't looking for her for that reason? Also they may not know her assumed identity for safety reasons

- maybe she was one of those kids who just stayed in the background and no-one really noticed, again an abusive past could cause this behaviour

- She is estranged from her family and they aren't looking for her cause they don't care about her

So in other words, she was never "missing" until she died and people may still not know that she is dead/missing.

Also the tea thing has me interested. Did she meet someone from her past there? In other words was the whole tea thing a front for meeting someone? Was she going there to create a story to cover up something else she was doing/someone she was meeting elsewhere? Gettting photos to prove she was there? Perhaps this person lead to her committing suicide? Did she visit a pay phone and call home/friends from her past on those tea outtings? I'd like to think that would have been investigated already.

The family tree thing is also of interest, but mainly cause I think she was doing it for her daughter, knowing that she would never reveal who she really was to her daughter. Researching the Ruff side would at least provide the daughter with some sense of personal history.

No-one seems to mention the trash bags of shredded documents. What was in the shredded documents. What had she emptied out of the strongbox and shredded? If it were my wife that had done that I would be trying to piece them together (I have the kind of patience and insanity to actually do that!)

Laciner is found in anagram form in her name Lori Erica Kennedy

I'm not sure she was older than she said (at least not much older). When I was 20 people thought I was in my thirties, now I am in thirties people think I am in my 40's or 50's. Sux to be me but my point is that perhaps she was someone like me who just looked older?

I haven't seen any references as to where she got the gun to kill herself either. Have I missed that?

I'm guessing the parachuting certificate was included in case she enjoyed that sort of thing before assuming her new identity. Maybe it is part of the puzzle or maybe it is just something she did once for kicks? I'm guessing it was just for kicks.

Someone has to recognise her from before she became Becky. She had a boob job so possibly she had other plastic surgery too. Which could explain why no-one is recognising her from the photos? Move somewhere for a while and get surgery and then disappear. If you haven't made any friends etc who will miss you? But where did she get the money for the boob job and everything else?

I'm really looking forward to finding out who she really is, cause then we may have to figure out why she did it.

Welcome, Taniwha! I'm leaning towards no one cared to look for her. Lori was obviously disturbed and could have been that way for a long time (childhood). Perhaps Lori's family was so dysfunctional that they were glad to be rid of her and she of them. For some reason, I think she came from a small family unit with very few ties. Wonder if her propensity for afternoon tea could have been a "safe", nice memory from a long time ago? Most of us have memories of a special occasion that we like to repeat. I'm scratching my head over this lady's true identity. Could it be that the answer is simple? She lucked out with the alias from age 18 on?

Here are my thoughts, sorry if some have been discussed already, I've read a lot of stuff so far and haven't seen much of this discussed.

Perhaps no-one (from her past) is or was looking for her because she either...

- Was one of those people who move around a lot and only make contact every few years or more so no-one thinks anything is wrong. She may have contacted friends/family right up to her death, who knows? (I know someone like this) an abusive past could cause this

- or her family really is dead or in prison

- perhaps her family knows she disappeared and why and aren't looking for her for that reason? Also they may not know her assumed identity for safety reasons

- maybe she was one of those kids who just stayed in the background and no-one really noticed, again an abusive past could cause this behaviour

- She is estranged from her family and they aren't looking for her cause they don't care about her

So in other words, she was never "missing" until she died and people may still not know that she is dead/missing.

Also the tea thing has me interested. Did she meet someone from her past there? In other words was the whole tea thing a front for meeting someone? Was she going there to create a story to cover up something else she was doing/someone she was meeting elsewhere? Gettting photos to prove she was there? Perhaps this person lead to her committing suicide? Did she visit a pay phone and call home/friends from her past on those tea outtings? I'd like to think that would have been investigated already.

The family tree thing is also of interest, but mainly cause I think she was doing it for her daughter, knowing that she would never reveal who she really was to her daughter. Researching the Ruff side would at least provide the daughter with some sense of personal history.

No-one seems to mention the trash bags of shredded documents. What was in the shredded documents. What had she emptied out of the strongbox and shredded? If it were my wife that had done that I would be trying to piece them together (I have the kind of patience and insanity to actually do that!)

Laciner is found in anagram form in her name Lori Erica Kennedy

I'm not sure she was older than she said (at least not much older). When I was 20 people thought I was in my thirties, now I am in thirties people think I am in my 40's or 50's. Sux to be me but my point is that perhaps she was someone like me who just looked older?

I haven't seen any references as to where she got the gun to kill herself either. Have I missed that?

I'm guessing the parachuting certificate was included in case she enjoyed that sort of thing before assuming her new identity. Maybe it is part of the puzzle or maybe it is just something she did once for kicks? I'm guessing it was just for kicks.

Someone has to recognise her from before she became Becky. She had a boob job so possibly she had other plastic surgery too. Which could explain why no-one is recognising her from the photos? Move somewhere for a while and get surgery and then disappear. If you haven't made any friends etc who will miss you? But where did she get the money for the boob job and everything else?

I'm really looking forward to finding out who she really is, cause then we may have to figure out why she did it.

Very, very good points

Hi Southsleuth,

I'm leaning towards no-one caring for her either. They don't ever mention that she seemed paranoid as if running away from someone.

The reason I mention that is I know a woman who has married a person who doesn't seem to exist. Private investigators can't find any evidence of him but he does have documents with his name on them! He is always looking over his shoulder and other odd paranoid behaviour. Very weird. I think that is why I am drawn to this case cause I want to crack the one in my personal life, mostly for her safety. (sorry that was OT)

Hi Southsleuth,

I'm leaning towards no-one caring for her either. They don't ever mention that she seemed paranoid as if running away from someone.

The reason I mention that is I know a woman who has married a person who doesn't seem to exist. Private investigators can't find any evidence of him but he does have documents with his name on them! He is always looking over his shoulder and other odd paranoid behaviour. Very weird. I think that is why I am drawn to this case cause I want to crack the one in my personal life, mostly for her safety. (sorry that was OT)

I don't think it's OT. It's just gut instinct that makes me lean towards the idea that Lori Ruff's case may be a little more simple. It's that saying "can't see the forest for the trees".

I agree. Her original family may even know she has died and don't care.

I agree. Her original family may even know she has died and don't care.

This is sad, but a very realistic possibility. It would be interesting to trace the IP addresses that have visited her page on FindAGrave.

It would be, but they would probably all lead back to members here. lol

Welcome, Taniwha! I'm leaning towards no one cared to look for her. Lori was obviously disturbed and could have been that way for a long time (childhood). Perhaps Lori's family was so dysfunctional that they were glad to be rid of her and she of them. For some reason, I think she came from a small family unit with very few ties. Wonder if her propensity for afternoon tea could have been a "safe", nice memory from a long time ago? Most of us have memories of a special occasion that we like to repeat. I'm scratching my head over this lady's true identity. Could it be that the answer is simple? She lucked out with the alias from age 18 on?

I was given a kid's tea set in the early 1980s....& I was just a standard American kid. I personally attach very little importance to the "teatime" thing....but I'm not a parent of small children so my insight into Lori's interactions with her child are not really valid.

I'm more interested in things that happened to Lori after age 18- how could she have found ID brokers & how could she move around so much AND get two different IDs. Obviously I'm sure the Ruffs have a lot more info that could be helpful to figuring out Lori's story but they might not be too interested in extending the infamy of this case.

I was given a kid's tea set in the early 1980s....& I was just a standard American kid. I personally attach very little importance to the "teatime" thing....but I'm not a parent of small children so my insight into Lori's interactions with her child are not really valid.

I'm more interested in things that happened to Lori after age 18- how could she have found ID brokers & how could she move around so much AND get two different IDs. Obviously I'm sure the Ruffs have a lot more info that could be helpful to figuring out Lori's story but they might not be too interested in extending the infamy of this case.

I'm thinking that she did have "money", not lots of money, but if she had ever been a waitress or was good at budgeting money, she could have had enough to pay for her transportation, mailboxes, and I.D. changes.
I also am hesitant to put too much emphasis on her love of teatime with her daughter. I live in Canada, but we don't have a cultural habit of going for high tea or any other "tea" events; it's simply a stereotype.
I am missing that one little link between FLEK and C.C. Stalder. I'm wondering how FLEK became connected to C.C. Stalder, perhaps through the son? Who knows? But I'd like to know.
Did Stalder help fund FLEK's transporatation and other stuff related to her identity change? Stalder certainly had the funds to do so, but why? Did FLEK ever work for Stalder before her business in California went belly up for not paying the gov't their money?
So many possibilities with this case and that's the frustrating and fascinating part to her mystery identity.

Question for anyone: If a person was a foster child and 'grew' out of the system, does anyone in the system keep track of that person? I was just wondering.

Also:
http://www.Bangkokpost.com/news/general/446329/rape-suspect-led-double-life

Read that story please. His last name is Erickson and look how tall and big he is. He is wanted for rape with injuries in Bangkok and here as well. I believe he is 47. He evidently got a fake passport because he was already wanted in this country when he went through Britian.

Not saying there is any connection at all, but I read this story and cannot get this out of my mind! He was wanted for rape in Texas. He also had several alias.

Question for anyone: If a person was a foster child and 'grew' out of the system, does anyone in the system keep track of that person?

No- from what I know of friends of mine who have "been in the System" there is no tracking of them unless they get arrested or enroll for welfare benefits. The stats are grim for a lot of foster kids who "age out" of the system because it is very hard to make a life in America without the aid of relatives, at least for the first years of being a legal adult with legal responsibilities like paying for rent, food, transportation, etc.

I also thought that- if "Lori" used ID brokers in the Pacific Northwest, these people would be known to people in Mexican immigrant community- I have relatives who live in the region AND some of them have had expired Immigration docs in the past. I am saying that there is a demand for ID docs in the region for people who find it easier to get a new Identity than deal with the machinations of the INS.

Could she have possibly been involved with drug trafficking in the late 1980s and hooked up with ID brokers that way, OR found the need to disappear and start over due to problems stemming from such a lifestyle?

This story really needs more exposure. The big break will come when someone sees that youngest photo of hers and says "Oh that's ??????" (He says, stating the obvious)

If her parents were originally from Ireland (i.e. Eric A King), they may have had a tradition of afternoon tea.

She does look like she could be British/Irish but only in some photos, her younger ones I don't get that feeling, but it's just a feeling.

If no-one comes forward by recognising her then where do we begin? We need to start where she became Becky and where Becky came from. Put up flyers, visit places that do photography/aviation/high tea/dancing. We don't have enough clues to pinpoint where she came from, so the first place we know about is the best bet.

Just because Becky's parents didn't recognise her, doesn't mean she didn't go to school with one of the girls (Becky and her sisters) or lived in the same area. Would your parents recognise all of your classmates from that age when they are adults? Or even when they were kids? No. So it's not really a dead end yet.

She had to have been in those areas a little while, especially if she used a broker.

Going back to the gun... if it was hers, did her husband know about it? If not I bet it was in the strongbox. If it wasn't hers then where did she get it? Did she still have contacts in the underground or just knew how to find those people?

I still think there may be a person alive who knew either that she wasn't who she claimed to be or knew exactly who she was.

I think Becky was her first assumed identity seeing her in that first photo, she looks so happy, happier than in any other photo we have. Way too happy for just an ID photo. It was like it was the best day of her life. Like she had won the lottery. Her old life was over, this was a new/fresh start. If she had had other identities I doubt she would have looked so happy otherwise.

I think Becky was her first assumed identity seeing her in that first photo, she looks so happy, happier than in any other photo we have. Way too happy for just an ID photo. It was like it was the best day of her life. Like she had won the lottery. Her old life was over, this was a new/fresh start. If she had had other identities I doubt she would have looked so happy otherwise.

I'd agree- it's the nicest picture of the whole batch.

Side trivia note- there's a Dean Koontz novel from the mid-1980s that discusses ID brokers (Watchers)...that was the first time I ever heard of such a thing. In the novel the protagonist goes to the brokers b/c of an emergency & is referred to them by an "eccentric" type of person. I personally feel "Lori" had a few friendships that enabled her to do the ID changes.....

I found someone (male) with the last name Wadleigh with a birth date of 7/18/1946. At first, I thought it may be an uncle, now I am not so sure. Could be a cousin or relation though or completely unrelated.

However, I did find that Lorene's mother's birthday (so if the theory is correct, she would be "Lori's" grandmother) is Jun. 17. Bump it up one month and one day and you get 7/18.

Also, I just noticed that "Lori's" height went from 5ft6 to 5ft10 on the two driver's licenses. I'm sure someone else already noticed this, but I found it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay