TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not a ton of new information, but the SSA responded to last year's FOIA request for their investigation file:
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...uff-social-security-investigation-file-17574/

Wow, so much interesting stuff in here. But it brings up a whole bunch of new questions. I've always wondered where LEK's daughter was too when she shot herself. Did the Ruff's have her or was she in the car? How awful if she was in the car when LEK shot herself. I hope that was not the case.

And what caused the Ruff's to think Lori was attempting to kill them??!!! I'd never heard that before. What made them think such a thing? I know they had a cease and desist order, but was she that dangerous? And if she wanted to kill them why did she write letters to Blake and her daughter? Would she really take the time to do that if she wanted to kill her in laws?

And when the Turners were shown LEK's picture it was her Texas drivers license. If I recall, she had several TX licenses so which one did they show the Turners? Why didn't they use the Idaho ID? That seems the most logical choice as they were attempting to find people that knew her before she took BST's identity. Perhaps they wouldn't recognize the older LEK but would have remembered the person in the Idaho ID photo.

And now we find Mr. Turner lives in Hawaii (at least in 2011) and had(has?) a girlfriend and a daughter with her? Wow.

Maybe she was going to kill them and then herself?

And what caused the Ruff's to think Lori was attempting to kill them??!!! I'd never heard that before. What made them think such a thing? I know they had a cease and desist order, but was she that dangerous? And if she wanted to kill them why did she write letters to Blake and her daughter? Would she really take the time to do that if she wanted to kill her in laws?

The report states that Longview PD believed she intended to kill the Ruffs - we don't know what the family thinks.

The report states that Longview PD believed she intended to kill the Ruffs - we don't know what the family thinks.

True enough. The report does state it's the PD, not the Ruff's, that thought that. I wonder what it was that made them (the PD) think that though.

True enough. The report does state it's the PD, not the Ruff's, that thought that. I wonder what it was that made them (the PD) think that though.

Yeah, we're still missing the police report. I guess that's not available to the public.

I’m wondering if the police found items in her car that lead them to believe she was going to kill her in-laws or maybe she alluded to it in the letters she left behind for her husband and daughter. If she was planning this, we are talking about much more than just a woman who hid her identity and was secretive, this would be a very disturbed individual. This makes me wonder if her need to keep her identity a secret was a necessity (like hiding from someone from her past) or was she doing it because she had mental issues (extreme paranoia) and thought she needed to for some crazy reason.

Hi all, havent checked in on here for ages. I thought that a person who thought he used to date Lek said she visited her mother in irving tx and was from california? If that is the case then she wasn't a run away. I've wondered though if her mother died before she met Blake then there would be no one to report her as missing.. Just rambling :)

I’m wondering if the police found items in her car that lead them to believe she was going to kill her in-laws or maybe she alluded to it in the letters she left behind for her husband and daughter. If she was planning this, we are talking about much more than just a woman who hid her identity and was secretive, this would be a very disturbed individual. This makes me wonder if her need to keep her identity a secret was a necessity (like hiding from someone from her past) or was she doing it because she had mental issues (extreme paranoia) and thought she needed to for some crazy reason.

Maybe she committed a horrible crime. I wonder if there are any unsolved murder cases around the time she changed her identity? jmo.

Hmm, some interesting stuff here. I’d like to know more about the family in Valley, WA that may know the whole story, as stated by BST’s father. It shouldn’t be hard to find them, Valley only has a population of 1,000.

When I click that link, I can't find anything. What am I doing wrong?

Never mind. Found what I was doing wrong.

Yeah, we're still missing the police report. I guess that's not available to the public.

The FoIA only applies to the Federal level. Due to the usual practice of lawyers, they followed the law to the letter & excluded the police report because it was created by the state or local government & not by the Feds.

As for getting a copy of the report from the local police, my guess is that the local police department may or may not release the report, depending on any number of reasons: lack of a clear connection of the requestor to the case, reluctance to embarrass the Ruffs, disinclination to do the work to find & copy the police report -- or just plain orneriness. Or they may be perfectly happy to share a copy, since it's a crime with some notoriety & sending out one copy to someone who will share it publicly will give them reason to ignore/refuse future requests.

And now we find Mr. Turner lives in Hawaii (at least in 2011) and had(has?) a girlfriend and a daughter with her? Wow.

In a way, I'm not surprised. The trauma of losing three daughters would have easily led to the breakup of that marriage -- which made the death of BST even more known to the community. And if LEK was living in the area at the time & old enough to be aware of this event -- I'm going to guess no younger than 10, which was about the time I started to pay attention to events like that beyond my family & school mates -- that was how she gained the information to draw on later when she changed her identity. She might not have even visited the cemetery.

Has anyone done a search of the yearbooks in the Puyallup/Ft. Lewis area?

I thought the dad was a " migrant worker".. So they would really not be established?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's not a ton of new information, but the SSA responded to last year's FOIA request for their investigation file:
https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...uff-social-security-investigation-file-17574/

Wow

It's a shame the copies are so poor, but this stuff needs to be in the stickied section

Thank you TomPatty for posting the link. Welcome to Websleuths. I've added the link to the Media Thread.

Note - anybody can add to the media thread, just no discussion allowed.

I thought the dad was a " migrant worker".. So they would really not be established?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLEK's dad was allegedly (ETA: according to FLEK) a stockbroker and from my understanding, they've never been able to verify this claim as being true or untrue. Some WS posters and undoubtedly some from other outlets discussing the case have postulated that he might have been military or connected to the military and thus relocated a lot, but I don't believe that's ever been verified.

FLEK's dad was allegedly (ETA: according to FLEK) a stockbroker and from my understanding, they've never been able to verify this claim as being true or untrue. Some WS posters and undoubtedly some from other outlets discussing the case have postulated that he might have been military or connected to the military and thus relocated a lot, but I don't believe that's ever been verified.

Linda was referring to BST's dad being a migrant worker. Yes, FLEK had claimed that her father was a stockbroker or something like that.

Linda was referring to BST's dad being a migrant worker. Yes, FLEK had claimed that her father was a stockbroker or something like that.

Ah, yes, okay. I'm not 100% sure on BST's father but that doesn't seem unlikely given everything we know about the actual BST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman