TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember having seen this suggested anywhere, so if anything you've come up with a new idea. Which is harder than it appears at this stage. Well done!

BTW, the base up near Tacoma is called "Fort Lewis". And an idle teenager might spend her spare time off-base exploring the area, & discover Becky Sue Turner's grave...

Plusses for your theory is her neutral accent, her detachment from other people, & a possible explanation for her lack of a past. One possible negative is that as a military dependent I'd expect her existence should be on file somewhere. Joe Velling of the SSA ran her prints & photos thru every database he could & failed to find her that way. (Or maybe minors weren't fingerprinted in the 1970s & 80s.) Anyone know the answer to that?

If we could get some fresh information about her personality -- better from her earlier years, but anything new would help -- it could confirm this theory. Or lead us to new ones.

BBM:

My husband was military right after college graduation. We had 2 children in the military (Army) and they were not fingerprinted. They would, however, have shot records and so forth and be listed as dependents of any military personnel.

I wasn't thinking you were being rude :) I think tone is lost in these written forums. I was just restating my search abilities to clarify that I wasn't suggesting someone do something when I had made no effort.

Just looking around Ancestry and this may of been posted b4 but can't hurt to share
Found Lori E Kennedy - first page says residence Irving Texas 1989 and next page shows
Name: Lori E Kennedy
Birth Date: Jul 1969
Phone Number: 355-0747
Address: 1111 W Airportfy 147, Irving, TX, 75062
[200 Bear Creek Dr Apt 219, Euless, TX, 76039-2060 (1995)]
[PO Box 543344 # 219, Dallas, TX, 75354-3344]
[3901 Oakridge CT Apt 3815, Fort Worth, TX, 76155-4845 (1993)]
[PO Box 810, Euless, TX, 76039-0810 (1995)]

I just searched under my Ancestry account, and approx. 80 older females died between March and July 1988 in Longview, TX. No names are tied to anything familiar in this case, so not sure how these records could help us further? ( they are SSA death records)

I meant to say I did a search for Irving, TX not Longview. For some reason can't correct my initial post.

Thank you for clarifying, I had missed it was an SSN application.

I wonder if it 'means' anything? Are there any possible reasons to leave the middle name out? Is it just an omission by the clerk or LEK?

It is my guess that she believed that changing the name slightly when she goes for the name change lends to another layer of separation in the paper trail in the hope that she wouldn't be found out if traced.

Those names might be helpful to others who have been doing searches on their own but haven't been able to post additional information or details other than initials due to respecting the WS policies about who can and cannot be named and "sleuthed".
Part of the difficulty is not being to openly name certain people. I agree with WS policy on names, but for sure it makes it a challenge in a case like FLEK's.

S/S 1988's timeline didn't quite match up to what little was already known, but as I had mentioned during that time, FLEK is a little bit of truth and a whole lot of fiction, so it can be difficult to tell what is true vs false from FLEK. S/S 1988 may have been telling the truth, but the big question is whether or not FLEK was telling S/S 1988 the truth.

I agree that there are many other names connected to different avenues of investigation in this case. Many of us have worked on different avenues. I have several names that jump to my mind that many people might not immediately recognize.

JMO, but I wouldn't be so quick to rule out doing a search for deaths in Longview. I think anyplace we have a known connection is fair game. I also happen to know that there are a lot of people with BST's surname in Longview. ;)

Spring/Summer1988 posted in May 2015 that he had dated LEK for three months in 1988, & shared some memories. They had worked together in an "establishment" in Irving, TX. S/S1988 said he knew the name she used before becoming LEK, & met a woman he believes was her mother.

After making 10 posts in 24 hours, S/S1988 never posted again, although their Websleuth profile shows they visited as late as 7 February of this year -- a week ago. (No telling which forum here S/S1988 was visiting, though.) I think it's fair that everyone here wonders about what they told us, whether it can be trusted or S/S1988 was simply trolling or hoaxing us for their LULZ.

All of the posts this person made can be found at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5155727 The first post is probably the most important one to read.

If nothing else, this is just one more helping of the mystery that surrounds this case, & those seriously curious about it should take the few minutes to read those posts.

That link takes me to a screen that says the search term provided no results.

It is my guess that she believed that changing the name slightly when she goes for the name change lends to another layer of separation in the paper trail in the hope that she wouldn't be found out if traced.

So, if Lori Kennedy is Lori Kennedy? I like birth 1963, 1979 yearbook photo, Tampa Florida. I never had any luck tracing LK Tampa. Today I went back and looked again at page 164 of 248 which ancestry has linked to Jefferson High Tampa Florida. Ancestry is wrong. I went to page 05 of 248 and it is Thomas Jefferson High CEDAR Rapids Iowa. If anyone is searching and has a Cedar Rapids connection?

So, if Lori Kennedy is Lori Kennedy? I like birth 1963, 1979 yearbook photo, Tampa Florida. I never had any luck tracing LK Tampa. Today I went back and looked again at page 164 of 248 which ancestry has linked to Jefferson High Tampa Florida. Ancestry is wrong. I went to page 05 of 248 and it is Thomas Jefferson High CEDAR Rapids Iowa. If anyone is searching and has a Cedar Rapids connection?

Does Ancestry have a TJH Cedar Rapids year book picture of this person? (I don't have a login yet). If not, there is a facebook page for that graduating class that links to an online copy of their yearbook which I imagine has a pic, again I don't have a login for the e-yearbook site...

Also looking on Classmates, I couldn't see an LK listed as alumni for that year for TJH Cedar Rapids but there is a male with same surname listed - social media says that he lived in Scottsdale AZ in the late 1980's.

Sorry if I am breaking rules here, it is tricky to know what the line is to tread when talking about names of people.

Hello all!

Sorry new and haven't followed this case closely. A few observations for the note she left...

The N Hollywood Police Number traces back to a trespass arrest authorization form.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...XHo8Zh06gAi8VnIUGFZ0fA&bvm=bv.114195076,d.amc

In my opinion, the $1.85 refers to the cost in 1988 to have your phone number non-published.

The attorney Ben Perkins Jr. doesn't refer to her, but actually refers to the person(s) she was running from. Someone who Ben represented and has the records on that person.

The other notes on the page are from people she had spoken with trying to find information on the person(s).

For instance, "these eyes". She was talking to someone and they mentioned the person had "these eyes" which bothered the person on the other end of the phone, I'm assuming another woman and LR wrote that down because it was bothering her as well.

To me, the notes refer to the person(s) she was trying to find info on and the person she was trying to "escape" from. I say escape, because she changed her identity to do it.

The 402 months refers to when she was talking to LE on the phone and she said, here is the situation....and LE responded that he/she could get 402 months in jail. She wrote that down because it gave her some comfort. To me, the note is about whoever was bothering her and she was trying to get info on that person.

I think she kept that note because she felt if that person ever found her and she ended up dead, there would be a trail back to that person(s).

I think it would be prudent for someone (if the records still exist) to find out who filed trespass report in 1988 in North Hollywood CA.

Does Ancestry have a TJH Cedar Rapids year book picture of this person? (I don't have a login yet). If not, there is a facebook page for that graduating class that links to an online copy of their yearbook which I imagine has a pic, again I don't have a login for the e-yearbook site...

Also looking on Classmates, I couldn't see an LK listed as alumni for that year for TJH Cedar Rapids but there is a male with same surname listed - social media says that he lived in Scottsdale AZ in the late 1980's.

Sorry if I am breaking rules here, it is tricky to know what the line is to tread when talking about names of people.

Funny enough... There is also a Kennedy high school in Cedar Rapids lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I had tried to look up those posts before but never had any luck. I didn't know you could just look up someones user name!

I have to say those ten posts by ss1988 are pretty frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee