TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you guys would get a kick out of this... I went to a tea room in Grapevine Tx today... This photo was hanging on the wall near some family pictures. It was a religious tea room ;)
2c64d0a24e0142a77c14f60418413cfc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but I don’t think Spring/Summer was a troll. Trolls usually don’t just show up, post and disappear, they are usually repeat offenders that come back and argue with other posters. I truly think this person could’ve been legitimate and really did want to protect LEK and her memory. He was very careful with his wording not to disclose anything that would give up her real identity and seemed to really want people to know that she was a good person.

Just my opinion but I don’t think Spring/Summer was a troll. Trolls usually don’t just show up, post and disappear, they are usually repeat offenders that come back and argue with other posters. I truly think this person could’ve been legitimate and really did want to protect LEK and her memory. He was very careful with his wording not to disclose anything that would give up her real identity and seemed to really want people to know that she was a good person.

I agree, I saw no reason to disbelieve him. Thing is, he was going to speak to Velling or LE I think, so if he did and was able to provide a name, surely that means the case would be solved?

I agree, I saw no reason to disbelieve him. Thing is, he was going to speak to Velling or LE I think, so if he did and was able to provide a name, surely that means the case would be solved?

Agreed. I was of the mind that the family knew who she was & was just trying to drop it. However, I would think that at some point the family would realize that this story is just too intriguing & has become a bit of an urban legend. If they were to resolve it a lot of the speculation would go away. As in, what a crazy situation, how sad for everyone. Oh look- a new interesting headline!
I imagine the daughter is going to at some point catch wind of all this & is one Google search away from some seriously rattling speculation about her dead mother. Not specific to websleuths, other places are far more tolerable of theories that are not flattering. If it were my grand-child I would be all over shutting down the speculation. I look at the work Morgan Ingrams mother has put into influencing the web presence of that whole situation- not going to open that can of worms here, but the point is that it can be done. I have had to do some internet cleaning of my own personal info a few years back when I had someone harassing me. It's work, but not impossible.
The family is still looking for her identity or completely doesn't care what the child finds online. Perhaps they are in denial that she will become curious? Maybe it's a totally open topic within the family? I don't think they are foolish enough to think she'll never look & I don't think they are collectively technologically inept enough to not have some understanding of cleaning up Google search results. If anything I imagine their social/political/financial influences would allow them professional assistance as well. Information from her home-business to speculations about stripping & cult involvement... That isn't still out there because no one has gotten around to removing it. It is a potential clue as to who she is & the possibility of resolving her identity is more valuable than painting a nice picture for the daughter.

I found this list for Thomas Jefferson High School Iowa alumni. Only one Kennedy surname on the list but I have no idea whether this is the only high school by that name in the state of Iowa.

https://www.alumniclass.com/high-school-alumni-classmates/iowa/thomas-jefferson-high-school/8361

Oh, and since we are kind of reevaluating old theories, I also see the Idaho surname on this list, the name of the folks actually at the Idaho ID address. I haven't ruled out a connection there. And yes, I looked on this same list for the Turner surname and the FH surname.

Does Ancestry have a TJH Cedar Rapids year book picture of this person? (I don't have a login yet). If not, there is a facebook page for that graduating class that links to an online copy of their yearbook which I imagine has a pic, again I don't have a login for the e-yearbook site...

Also looking on Classmates, I couldn't see an LK listed as alumni for that year for TJH Cedar Rapids but there is a male with same surname listed - social media says that he lived in Scottsdale AZ in the late 1980's.

Sorry if I am breaking rules here, it is tricky to know what the line is to tread when talking about names of people.

According to this link, there is an LK CLASS OF 1981 (I think?) at that high school, whereabouts unknown under the list of over 300 whereabouts unknown. So it might not be just for the class of 1981 but also the year you referenced.

https://www.alumniclass.com/high-school-alumni-classmates/iowa/thomas-jefferson-high-school/8361

I found this list for Thomas Jefferson High School Iowa alumni. Only one Kennedy surname on the list but I have no idea whether this is the only high school by that name in the state of Iowa.

Oh, and since we are kind of reevaluating old theories, I also see the Idaho surname on this list, the name of the folks actually at the Idaho ID address. I haven't ruled out a connection there. And yes, I looked on this same list for the Turner surname and the FH surname.

I only found it on ancestry.com. Pages 5 says...

Statesman
Thomas Jefferson High School
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
Volume 22

Tamara and Jerry in yearbook too. They don't look like siblings of her to me.

On ancestry she comes up LK, birth 1963, Tampa, Florida, yearbook.

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this... I went to a tea room in Grapevine Tx today... This photo was hanging on the wall near some family pictures. It was a religious tea room ;)
2c64d0a24e0142a77c14f60418413cfc.jpg

I like it! I noticed you have very thin and long fingers....hmmmm : )

I'd like to believe S/S1988 is telling the truth, but to be honest I have 60% confidence in what he wrote. Sometimes I include the bits he shared in my theorizing -- especially as S/S1988 is one of the few who knew LEK to tell us anything about her -- sometimes I don't, just to keep things as simple as possible.

According to S/S1988's first post, he had communicated with Velling & supplied further information. "He has asked additional questions, and I have answered them as well as I could." He's probably wondering what's happening with this case, just like us.

FWIW, Velling was (or maybe is -- hopefully even retired he still has his hand in this case) verifying what S/S1988 told him. One thing a LEO learns is not to accept at face value what a stranger tells you; you need to find a way to confirm what you've been told. Proof that they both worked at the same place at the time would be a big help here, but the records might not exist any more & if they did they'd require hours to find them.

So what we have is a possible solution, but no way to prove it. I don't expect S/S1988 to appear & tell us everything -- that would be against what he professes. But I suspect we'll only know if it's true after LEK's birth name is uncovered some other way.

I think s/s88 is legit. But I also think he is a she. This person appeared after the person on the local ( Texas) moms group who said she knew Lori before she was married. She said she wore blue contacts and defended her right to steal an ID. My guess ( and I am guessing) is SHE is s/s88 or she is related to/ married to him. It is possible if she is not him, that all three of them knew each other. I don't think S/s88 knew FLEKs real name. I am guessing either she already had some ID in place or was living as Lori already. We NEED the rest of the case file. Velling would have written a report from the encounter. ( required). I hope the person who requested it will do another with end date in present time.
These are my internal ramblings.
Oh, and I plan on visiting that tea room again! Best chicken salad I have ever had!!!!!!

Which local Texas group was that Linda9681? I wasn't aware that we had info of a second person claiming to have known her personally. Sorry if this has been discussed in previous threads but I can't find the relevant post(s).

Which local Texas group was that Linda9681? I wasn't aware that we had info of a second person claiming to have known her personally. Sorry if this has been discussed in previous threads but I can't find the relevant post(s).
I didn't know this either. Of course I could have easily missed it.

I didn't know you could tag a member in a post - how do you do that and does the member get a notification they've been tagged?!?

I can't post their name because of board rules but it was a McKinney Texas Facebook group ;)

I'm back to looking at Cynthia Perry http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perry_cynthia.html
There is such an absence of information on her, but missing at 17- she could have had a few inches growth spurt or maybe her height was a guess? I just can't get past the picture. From my reading it seems like perhaps the heart tattoo that Cynthia reportedly had is not confirmed enough for me to rule her out. I imagine she spent a couple years making her way across the country, picked up some street smarts & decided that once she was an adult & the risk of being discovered & sent back home was not as great. Maybe she met up with someone who knew about fake identities or figured it out on her own? We have no info on intelligence or really anything about Cynthia "Lori" (nickname she went by!). Is there definitive proof that she is ruled out?

Google image search- Cynthia Perry, Raleigh North Carolina- 7th result. There is either the most uncanny resemblance I've ever seen in my life or the actual missing CP is living & working right in the town she went missing from. Same initials, but apparently married. Specifically fb pics, there is one from 1988...

I think s/s88 is legit. But I also think he is a she. This person appeared after the person on the local ( Texas) moms group who said she knew Lori before she was married. She said she wore blue contacts and defended her right to steal an ID. My guess ( and I am guessing) is SHE is s/s88 or she is related to/ married to him. It is possible if she is not him, that all three of them knew each other. I don't think S/s88 knew FLEKs real name. I am guessing either she already had some ID in place or was living as Lori already. We NEED the rest of the case file. Velling would have written a report from the encounter. ( required). I hope the person who requested it will do another with end date in present time.
These are my internal ramblings.
Oh, and I plan on visiting that tea room again! Best chicken salad I have ever had!!!!!!

The motivation of s/s88 puzzles me greatly. Why would a person come onto this website to a thread where people have spent hundreds of hours possibly, trying to discover the true identity of LEK, and say that they knew LEK and the true identity-then not giving any help to us searchers to solve the mystery. It only confuses all the issues around LEK's identity. All of us or most of us are striving for clarity in the issue of identity.

If the purpose of s/s88 was to get the family to reach out to s/s88, then their objective could have been obtained more easily by contacting the BR family directly.

I would just ask s/s88 to at least contact someone privately in the group to share something that would be of help in our quest to bring the matter of identity to the light.

Google image search- Cynthia Perry, Raleigh North Carolina- 7th result. There is either the most uncanny resemblance I've ever seen in my life or the actual missing CP is living & working right in the town she went missing from. Same initials, but apparently married. Specifically fb pics, there is one from 1988...
Wow that is uncanny! Surely can't be her though, with a relatively high visibility profession like that you'd think that the original family would have come across her themselves if they live in the same city still?

I mentioned this girl a few days ago, wasn't sure if she had been discussed here before. Annoyingly, because I'm in England, google defaults to .co.uk and I don't think it's brought the pictures up in the same order. Please can you point me in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3