TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone send me a message & catch me up? I'm lost somewhere around how exactly FH is involved, aside from TT mentioning. Who is LVK? Thanks!

In case anyone's interested, I filed a FOIA request with the Social Security office that investigated the Lori Ruff case. They released the following documents as part of the request:

https://d3gn0r3afghep.cloudfront.net/foia_files/2016/02/03/1-29-16_MR17574_RES_IDAN7084.pdf

https://d3gn0r3afghep.cloudfront.net/foia_files/2016/02/03/1-29-16_MR17574_RES_IDAN7084.pdf

Will someone send me a message & catch me up? I'm lost somewhere around how exactly FH is involved, aside from TT mentioning. Who is LVK? Thanks!

For anyone who is confused, check out the link in Bill-Rodgers99 post #642 of this thread.
FH is "involved" in the investigation because according to the detective's report TT mentioned him. People are trying to search for a possible connection to FLEK.

For anyone who is confused, check out the link in Bill-Rodgers99 post #642 of this thread.
FH is "involved" in the investigation because according to the detective's report TT mentioned him. People are trying to search for a possible connection to FLEK.

I saw that, thanks! I just didn't know if there was some other significant finding that was being hinted at.

1961 South Pasadena robbed hotel and caught with $250,000 in drugs!
I searched Pasadena for LK and only one LVK. I'm going to keep searching. Found it in the newspaper on ancestry.
Pasadena Texas or CA?

Does anyone know if Terry Turner has brothers or uncles/male cousins? There is a D. M. T. (Born in Bellingham, WA) With a daughter named Becky Sue Turner ( DOB 11/27/67) who married J.R.W. in Virginia 2/16/1985 at age 17. D.M.T, wife M.E.T. And daughter Becky show an address in Fort Bragg, NC.. I thought maybe this could be a military link. D.M.T. Appears to have a brother named K.T. Also born in WA who has moved around a lot and lists lots of po boxes.

There is another Becky Sue Turner who married a R.W.B. on 9/7/88 in Clark county, Nevada. I'm not sure if the same R.W.B. was involved in a court case in 2000 in Florida or not, but there was quite a bit of possible jail time involved in the charges.

There is a third Becky Sue Turner who married a K.R.C. On 3/25/95 in Clark county, NV.

Just thought I'd explore the possibility her real name was also Becky Sue Turner and she'd heard about and remembered young BST's story when she wanted to change identities.

Does anyone know if Terry Turner has brothers or uncles/male cousins? There is a D. M. T. (Born in Bellingham, WA) With a daughter named Becky Sue Turner ( DOB 11/27/67) who married J.R.W. in Virginia 2/16/1985 at age 17. D.M.T, wife M.E.T. And daughter Becky show an address in Fort Bragg, NC.. I thought maybe this could be a military link. D.M.T. Appears to have a brother named K.T. Also born in WA who has moved around a lot and lists lots of po boxes.

There is another Becky Sue Turner who married a R.W.B. on 9/7/88 in Clark county, Nevada. I'm not sure if the same R.W.B. was involved in a court case in 2000 in Florida or not, but there was quite a bit of possible jail time involved in the charges.

There is a third Becky Sue Turner who married a K.R.C. On 3/25/95 in Clark county, NV.

Just thought I'd explore the possibility her real name was also Becky Sue Turner and she'd heard about and remembered young BST's story when she wanted to change identities.

The link below is an obituary for TT's mother and lists siblings.
https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=156012&fh_id=10460

The link below is an obituary for TT's mother and lists siblings.
https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=156012&fh_id=10460

I wonder if Lori worked in the nursing home with her. I had found another lead with another elderly lady. (cross checking Bakersfield CA with Idaho) for new residents in 1988 in Idaho, which lead me to another elder lady by the name of Katherine Rowland.

FYI- I had a friend who ran away from home when she was 14, when I met up with her several years later--she told me that she had been working as a waitress. I asked her how she could do that, when there was a missing person alert out for her and she told me that it was easy. All you had to do was go to the library and look thru the newspaper for someone who had died around your age, and then get a copy of their birth certificate, and basically you pose as that person.

Just so I understand... There are potentially FOUR Becky Sue Turners in this family? What on earth? I though all of the Deorr Kunz's were confusing. Good grief.

Just so I understand... There are potentially FOUR Becky Sue Turners in this family? What on earth? I though all of the Deorr Kunz's were confusing. Good grief.

OR, one and THREE people used her name. LOL.

There was something that crossed my mind last night... Did I read somewhere the fire that killed the Turner children happened at another family's home that they were staying at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different Becky Sue Turners were looked into already. It should still be in the Becky Sue Turner thread.

On page 2 of 4 from the documents. Velling states his theory that FLEK learned about BST's death from surviving family members.
This tells me that Velling probably thinks someone in the immediate Turner family DID know FLEK at one point.
The father TT is stated as having told Velling that F. Howder's family might have known the "whole story".

For the Howder family to know the "whole story", it means someone in the immediate Turner family had to have been friends or closely connected with the Howder family.

Seeing the eerie resemblance between FLEK and TT, and a connection to the Howder family I wonder if one of those "daughters" might have a different biological father? Jail time.
Just a wild thought I had the other day.

Do we have pictures of Becky Sue Turner or the other deceased daughters? I'd be interested to see the physical resemblance between TT and the other children...

I have never seen any!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On page 2 of 4 from the documents. Velling states his theory that FLEK learned about BST's death from surviving family members.
This tells me that Velling probably thinks someone in the immediate Turner family DID know FLEK at one point.
The father TT is stated as having told Velling that F. Howder's family might have known the "whole story".

For the Howder family to know the "whole story", it means someone in the immediate Turner family had to have been friends or closely connected with the Howder family.

Seeing the eerie resemblance between FLEK and TT, and a connection to the Howder family I wonder if one of those "daughters" might have a different biological father? Jail time.
Just a wild thought I had the other day.

I am totally onboard with this direction. The fact that Velling noted down about FH possibly knowing the whole story just feels like a really obvious lead - Occams razor and all that... So why does the investigation seem to stop there? That's the part I don't get. Velling was doing all this work in 2011, right? But he only retired in the last six months or so, is that correct? So what was he doing between October 2011 and retirement, surely he didn't just stop investigating?

Has anyone found a clear list of FH's offspring?

I am totally onboard with this direction. The fact that Velling noted down about FH possibly knowing the whole story just feels like a really obvious lead - Occams razor and all that... So why does the investigation seem to stop there? That's the part I don't get. Velling was doing all this work in 2011, right? But he only retired in the last six months or so, is that correct? So what was he doing between October 2011 and retirement, surely he didn't just stop investigating?

This would be a good point for a PI to have stepped in. Maybe Velling had to spend his "paid" time working on more prosecutable cases. That would make sense. If a PI or the Ruff family themselves came to a resolution at this point, perhaps it hasn't been shared with investigators? That would explain why she is still technically Unidentified but no one is looking?

As I said in my last post -- the one where I made the mistake of assuming FH was alive -- all we have is the report for his first month of investigations. For several reasons -- Velling had just begun the investigation on a part-time basis, he clearly had a number of useful leads to follow, the FoIA request produced two copies of this report -- I suspect he continued his investigations, although still on a part-time basis for at least one more month.

My guess is that he first ran out of leads in the case about the time an entry in NamUS was created; no need to beg the general public for help if an investigator has enough material to work with. Bits of information & new leads continued to dribble in past the publication of the Seattle Times article, but his efforts were likely limited to phone calls & whatever he could do with no budget.

After all, this was a pretty low priority crime & the known perpetrator was dead; it was done as a favor to a congressman, & when it was clear she wasn't a criminal or a spy it was hard to justify more effort than a spare hour or two. Had this case been a serious case involving hundreds of thousands of dollars -- or more -- he might have been given a budget to do some serious investigations, or at least allowed to work on it full time. I wouldn't be surprised if he never directly spoke to the Ruffs to gather clues or leads.

But we can be certain that Velling did as much as he reasonably could do with what he had. It would be nice if we could know what he did & just how long he was allowed to work this case. No sense repeating what Velling had done with more resources, training, & experience than we have.

Good question. While I expect Velling talked to everyone mentioned to him -- & who was still alive -- it would be helpful if we knew whom he spoke to. And why he didn't speak to those he hadn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3