TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wait. Sorry, it's christianson. Not Christian. I hate that I can't edit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.H. Has an extended friend onFB by the initials L. T. Who looks very much like Loris Idaho pic IMO. ( it's not her but could be a very close relative).. Last name turner.

S.H. Has an extended friend onFB by the initials L. T. Who looks very much like Loris Idaho pic IMO. ( it's not her but could be a very close relative).. Last name turner.

For the life of me, I cannot find any SH on fb w/ a friend LT. What do you mean by extended friend?

Hello, I am new here. I'm from Norway, and a few days ago I came across a headline in the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet, which reads:

"ID thief left behind a mysterious lock box. Five years after the husband buried his wife, he still doesn't know who she is"

The article was behind a paywall, and since I'm no subscriber, but was curious about it, I decided to google the name of the first ID card pictured, "Becky Sue Turner".

And from this, a whole universe of speculations, clues and possible evidences opened up. Since then I've spent hours looking into this case, starting with Wikipedia, and finally ended up here. I've read most of the content of these threads by now, spent hours studying this case.

One theory that has been discussed is that the case has been secretly solved, and the family has moved on. That's based on the fact that media has not covered it the since 2013. Judging by the age of the article (published 3/6/16), and its title I assume that she's still not identified.

One name that has been mentioned earlier is Deborah J Stalder, witness in a drug related murder case. I doubt that's the case. Stalder, if it's the same person, is still alive, but with another last name. Neither does she look like LEK.

Since she was very religious I doubt she wanted to lie. Besides, she would possibly also have come up with a more or less complete fake story if she wanted to. Instead she just gave a very few details, that her dad was a failed stockbroker, and that her parents were dead. I believe that's a true story, but not enough to identify them or her.

BTW, the FH clue is interesting! I'll look more into that. Just one comment about it. Turner referred to FH when interviewed by Velling. I believe, if someone had stolen my dead daughter's ID, and I knew someone who had been into some criminal activity and whose daughter was also missing, I may as well have referred to these. It proves nothing, but it's possible.

I hope I can somehow contribute with my brain and senses in this case, and I hope it will be solved.

Welcome, ColdName!!

:greetings:

I am not a regular poster on this thread but there are some amazing and very determined people working on it as you will have gathered. I hope you guys manage to get it solved some day soon!

Out of interest, what were your thoughts on the Spring/Summer1988 postings?

For the life of me, I cannot find any SH on fb w/ a friend LT. What do you mean by extended friend?

Look at the profile he has with only 6 friends. Choose the older woman with short brown hair (50s). Then search her friends ( turner)

Welcome, ColdName!!

:greetings:

I am not a regular poster on this thread but there are some amazing and very determined people working on it as you will have gathered. I hope you guys manage to get it solved some day soon!

Out of interest, what were your thoughts on the Spring/Summer1988 postings?

I think I believe SS88 as well. If he ever contacted Velling or the Ruff family, I find it strange that the info he provided never identified her. May he have known something about her that lead him to change his mind? Did he really know her by her real name, or just another false name? Was her mother really her mother, or an adoptive mother who knew Lori's need to stay anynymous and called her by a fake name? Hard to prove or disprove anything when he was the only witness.

Did you find Debby Stalder of Scottsdale alive? On ancestry the other Deborah J. linked to Stalder is ten years older. Is DS who drug dealers killed her boyfreind and said they would do the same to her on Facebook? For real! If I was DS...I would change my name and move to Texas.

It usually means that public access to the case is prohibited because of the sensitive nature of the case (e.g. involving kids / juveniles)

OR a name change that is sealed for very good reason, like abusive husband, witness to brutal crime , etc. Do we have more info on that case, like what kind of court it was in, such as probate, criminal, domestic/family court?

Anybody with a classmates account that could do some yearbook browsing related to the Reddit theory? Some pictures would clarify things real quick

Idea! So. We have established that FLEK bears an uncanny resemblance to TT.
TT has implied that someone in FH's circle may have knowledge of her identity.
We are assuming that FAH spent some time in jail for an undetermined amount of years and that he and his wife did not have any children during this absence.
Okay, so..... WHAT IF? In FH's absence, TT and SBH had an affair, resulting in FLEK?
Does anyone know what SBH looks like, to compare to FLEK?

OR a name change that is sealed for very good reason, like abusive husband, witness to brutal crime , etc. Do we have more info on that case, like what kind of court it was in, such as probate, criminal, domestic/family court?
I searched the H last name under this link https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partySearch.do which I assume is Idaho supreme court cases? It literally has no other detail other than that line that I copied and posted in my previous post. It does say it was in Canyon County but that's it.

Do you mean this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/49me9n/lori_erica_ruff_real_name/

If so, I am now. I haven't contacted LE with the theory, but I'm tempted to contact the Seattle Times reporter about it.

The reddit thread actually provides some information which might suggest she didn't use the LEK identity immediately, but used her own until she'd been married twice - once in Oregon, ending in the death of her husband and once in Alaska, ending in the husband declaring he is currently a single parent of a girl.

After the second marriage, it appears she disappeared. Perhaps that's when she became LEK in Texas?

I'm sure a lot of it is confirmation bias and a lot of holes can be poked in it, but I do think that, if it's not correct, it's definitely close.
I really think that it's worth you contacting LE. You have nothing to lose and I do think that your theory has so much possibility, even if like you say it might not be 100% correct in the detail. If I had come up with the information that you have come up with then I would definitely be telling someone!

Idea! So. We have established that FLEK bears an uncanny resemblance to TT.
TT has implied that someone in FH's circle may have knowledge of her identity.
We are assuming that FAH spent some time in jail for an undetermined amount of years and that he and his wife did not have any children during this absence.
Okay, so..... WHAT IF? In FH's absence, TT and SBH had an affair, resulting in FLEK?
Does anyone know what SBH looks like, to compare to FLEK?

I have found SBH yearbook photos. I think she bears a resemblance, only she had blonde hair. It could be dyed, though.
Am I allowed to post photos?

I searched the H last name under this link https://www.idcourts.us/repository/partySearch.do which I assume is Idaho supreme court cases? It literally has no other detail other than that line that I copied and posted in my previous post. It does say it was in Canyon County but that's it.

Wow, if there IS an H family connection, she really DID know how to cover her tracks and/or had a lot of help from someone who did know how. !!!!!

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=home.superiorsearch&terms=accept

Last name drew for Wanda h.
http://recordsproject.com/county/washington/stevens.asp

Here is a website for searching Washington Statecases by name:

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?f...b0fcc834f-609A38C0-D0E9-9FC1-22B9C46833E1FC8B

This includes all superior courts except: Franklin, Lewis, Yakima and Thurston, which can be searched here:

https://odysseyportal.courts.wa.gov/odyportal

First, just wanted to let you know that the name Tarzan found in the Idaho directly is more likely a middle name for another Fred, per the third website above.

Second, I began researching the dockets in the beginning of February and thank goodness saved several screenshots of them. I posted somewhere, likely February 6, asking if anyone knew any of the married names of Terry Jo, the daughter, other than one I am already aware of which is Terry Jo B. The reason I asked this is because there is a Spokane Superior Court case for FH for unlawful harassment in which the victim is a Terry Jo K. To see the record I am talking about, you first have to do a name search for FH , and then take the case number and search it to see the detail for the name of the complainant. I then took it further and somehow found a 1942 marriage license that I can't remember how I found but have a screenshot of a marriage between a Harold K. and an R. Turner. I wanna say that the real BST's mother's name was Rosemary. The R. Does not stand for Rosemary. But it is strange that the Turner name is tied to the K. name with this marriage certificate and the K name is tied to a "Terry Jo" K. who was an alleged victim of harassment by an FH.

So, if anyone has any information on the K name being connected to the H name or the Turners in any other way other than this marriage certificate, it might fill in some gaps.

I also want to add that I posted quite some time ago, that I suspected LEK may not have used the LEK identity for several years and may not even have been in Texas for a good period of time and continued to use her old identity or some other. Unfortunately until we know whether Velling thoroughly vetted that resume, we will never know. All we know is that he talked to one former co-worker who knew her early on when they worked at a club and that guy said she had a lot of problems. For all we know this guy may have been SS1988. She might have disappeared from Texas after that and lived as someone else somewhere else before she reappeared in Texas.

I really think that it's worth you contacting LE. You have nothing to lose and I do think that your theory has so much possibility, even if like you say it might not be 100% correct in the detail. If I had come up with the information that you have come up with then I would definitely be telling someone!

Hmm. Good point. I know that Joe Velling retired in September, so I might contact the Seattle Times reporter first. She probably knows more than what's being made public and she might be in a position to dismiss the theory before I bother LE with it.

Now that you mentioned the Drew surname, I feel that I can share what I've been told:

- Wanda Howder married Daniel Patton Drew and they moved to Klamanth Falls, OR.
- Daniel died at his residence on June 5, 2001 at the age of 38. He had three daughters.
- The next known sighting of Wanda Drew is in Chugniak, AK where she and a new guy had a daughter together (born 1/1/03).
- The middle name of the daughter is the same middle name as Wanda's previous husband.
- The new guy has been the single parent of the daughter for quite some time as per his Facebook.

Curious to know whether anyone knows the name of Terry Jo the father's father's name and whether his father had a sister whose name begins with R.

H. Turner is a witness on the marriage certificate.

I have found SBH yearbook photos. I think she bears a resemblance, only she had blonde hair. It could be dyed, though.
Am I allowed to post photos?

No, you can't post a photo of SBH or the moderators will take it down. However, you can post the full name of the school and the year so that others can look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3