TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever wrote that message had the option of showing the message or keeping it private. He/she wanted it seen, IMO, but why? It only adds to the mystery.

I think it was someone who wanted this community to find it. The reference to 1988 is very specific.

The fact that someone wanted it to be found suggests it was a fake, IMO.

I can see how this could possibly happen. I have green eyes. Everyone would say I have green eyes. If I went missing, my mother would report green eyes. But, according to the state I live in, my eyes are hazel. Green is not an option for eye color on our licenses here, for some reason. So, if I was later found dead, my official id would state I have hazel eyes.

Same here, MalloryPike! Vivid green eyes but is 'hazel' on all of my picture ID's and driver's license.

Whomever wrote that message had the option of showing the message or keeping it private. He/she wanted it seen, IMO, but why? It only adds to the mystery.
Yes, the date that the find a grave comment was posted matches with the date that s/s1988 joined websleuths and posted here, so definitely the same person. Maybe made the find a grave comment public to 'back up' his/her story on here.

Yes, the date that the find a grave comment was posted matches with the date that s/s1988 joined websleuths and posted here, so definitely the same person. Maybe made the find a grave comment public to 'back up' his/her story on here.
Who would have seen it if it were sent as a private message? Did the Ruff family set up the find a grave page? I am not sure how it works. If SS88 had wanted to express a sentiment for the family to see, that might be why it was public? Just a wild guess, no real ideas. I think there is as much credence to the idea that it is someone who got bored one day and decided to cook up a wild story for people on the internet. Who knows.

I think anyone can set up a find-a-grave page for anyone. Seems like it, there are some weird pages there

I am still on the fence about this identification so far. I am anxiously awaiting this release for sure.

What a strange case. Kind of reminds me of the suicide of a Jane Doe in a nice hotel which escapes me right now. Thank you Fibro Fog.

I pray the Ruffs get some answers and the daughter is happy and well.

Because of the strong resemblance, I'll not give up on the notion that she is related to the Turners, until the end.

Which only means she may have indeed known her and did tell Velling she knew her, and may have " dated" her but he was a she lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, for one, am going to be really irritated if it turns out someone is just messing around and there's been no match. :/

And, if for some slim chance it was Cheryl and her mom knew she was alive, it is possible her mom visited her in TX and ss met her. Does Cheryl's mom look like her? Just curious. And it totally may all not matter because it could be someone totally never reported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a strange case. Kind of reminds me of the suicide of a Jane Doe in a nice hotel which escapes me right now. Thank you Fibro Fog.

I pray the Ruffs get some answers and the daughter is happy and well.

I know the case you are talking about I think. Was the suicide by cyanide?

Did anyone check out Canada's missing people? Velling seemed to think Lori might have been from there. I had a quick look but it's nowhere near as easy to organise as Namus, unless I'm missing something obvious?

I think anyone can set up a find-a-grave page for anyone. Seems like it, there are some weird pages there

Yes, they can. My late husband's grave is on there and we have a double headstone. It is strange to see it because it has my name on the headstone as well. I do not know who set it up and do not recognize the name of the person it states as having taken the picture!

Did anyone check out Canada's missing people? Velling seemed to think Lori might have been from there. I had a quick look but it's nowhere near as easy to organise as Namus, unless I'm missing something obvious?

There were several from Canada that had been looked at a good while back, IIRC. The one who favored LEK the most (to me) was named Lori. All those names should be in a thread here.

Yes it was. Thank you LaLaw. I also remember something about lipstick? I hate when my brain freezes up. The thread is here somewhere.

Totally O/T, but yes, her cosmetics were brand new and she applied them before taking her life, IIRC. I suspected she might have been military in the past because of her extreme neatness.

*It is such a sad case.

Yes, they can. My late husband's grave is on there and we have a double headstone. It is strange to see it because it has my name on the headstone as well. I do not know who set it up and do not recognize the name of the person it states as having taken the picture!
Ahhh! That would freak me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member