TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! I just had a realization! I submitted my DNA to ancestry and I am what is known as 'First Nations' here in Canada. We have a mind boggling amount of missing and murdered Aboriginal women up here. I wonder if my DNA could help identify any potential UIPs.

I want to believe, I honestly do. But I'm getting a bit skeptical about this.

Oh wow, no! DA is researching Somerton man. He is in contact with DNA testers and such. He found out there was a match on " a case" with reverse DNA of a child of a Jane doe. He was telling his group it was exciting because it gave hope of finding Somerton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So DA and the Somerton mystery are not at all connected to FLEK. Basically he has heard via colleagues about reverse DNA technology which has, allegedly, been successful with this case.

He might not have been aware when he mentioned Lori's name that it wasn't yet public knowledge. Am I right in remembering (from waaaay back last night lol!) that Lori's family already know who she was? And we're just waiting for them to release a media statement or give permission for all to be revealed?

RE: Some of the Missing being discussed, as possibilities for FLEK

Would review of Spring/Summer1988 posts be at all helpful in sorting out who might/might not be her?

In these few snips, I pulled quotes re her mother. How does that info jive with any of the Missing being looked at?

SS's posts are in thread#2 (10 posts) start at post#680, page46

Some snips from the posts /BBM

P#680
Around march/April 1988 I worked at an establishment with LEK in Irving, TX. I was 17, LEK was 21. LEK advised me she was from Northern California, and she was in the area visiting her Mother for a few months.

P#684
Yes, I met her Mother. Her Mother's health was declining, and that is why LEK was down visiting. I remember her Mother had only been in TX a few years before 1988. I would assume that her Mother is no longer living. I drove by the house her Mother lived in earlier this week. It is no longer there.
P#687
I am thinking I probably have her real name. I heard her Mother call her by her name several times. I am confident it was her Mother as well, the only difference between the two of them was their age and hair color.

and this....
P#680
I DO NOT know anything about her identity change, but I possibly have an idea on why she did it.

I feel 100% that she didn't do it to harm anyone, and I also feel 100% that she didn't do it to hide after she committed a crime. I am thinking she felt like she needed a fresh start to move on in her adult life.

Of course info in SS's posts all depends on accuracy of SS's memory, and...'insight'...

Couldn't Namus get DNA from Lori herself? Or was she cremated by the time they concidered her an unidentified?

I do not have a link, but I am positive I'd heard that the mortician had some hair and skin. Does anyone else remember this? That is how they had the DNA to add to her Namus later on, IIRC.

Think about it. There had to have been something from the gunshot wound anyway whether it be found in the vehicle where she shot herself or in the body bag. Very, very sorry to be so graphic.

I realized she was cremated, but she was at a funeral home first.

JMO

There's no evidence that LEK used donor eggs as far as we know. She may have used fertility treatments to stimulate ovulation though.

If she was in her 40s when she had her child, it wouldn't be that uncommon to be able to have a natural child, especially with fertility treatments. My mom "accidentally" had me in her 40s and several of her aunts had unplanned pregnancies at 48 and 49 years old. And that was without fertility drugs. So everything, as far as we know, points to LEKs daughter being a natural child from one of her own eggs.

I do not have a link, but I am positive I'd heard that the mortician had some hair and skin. Does anyone else remember this? That is how they had the DNA to add to her Namus, IIRC.

Think about it. There had to have been something from the gunshot wound anyway whether it be found in the vehicle where she shot herself or in the body bag. Very, very sorry to be so graphic.

JMO

So, if it was obviously a suicide in the vehicle they would have likely totaled it for insurance purposes, but I wonder what they did with it. If it could be cleaned & re-sold or junked for parts? That would be interesting to know. Either way, whatever tissue that was left may have been contaminated or just destroyed in the cleanup.

But why would they use Loris daughters DNA, are they involved in her case? And when was this?

They had to use the DNA from the daughter. Lori was dead and cremated, the daughter was the only known blood relative.

So, if it was obviously a suicide in the vehicle they would have likely totaled it for insurance purposes, but I wonder what they did with it. If it could be cleaned & re-sold or junked for parts? That would be interesting to know. Either way, whatever tissue that was left may have been contaminated or just destroyed in the cleanup.

Of course those are possibilities. There is a huge auto auction approximately 60 miles from Longview. There is also a huge (used) auto parts place associated with it.

*I'm looking/searching for the source of the mortician having Lori's DNA. It's out there somewhere. I remember it even being talked about here or with Velling.

For the record, I don't think FLEK used donor eggs (and we know she didn't if they are using the daughter's DNA to identify a match). I was just playing devils advocate. I think she was in her late 30s or early 40s when she conceived her daughter using her own eggs. I just don't think she's Cheryl, because I think Cheryl is too old. Late 40s pregnancies happen, but ARE rare. Occam's razor, most likely FLEK was younger than Cheryl.

I do not have a link, but I am positive I'd heard that the mortician had some hair and skin. Does anyone else remember this? That is how they had the DNA to add to her Namus later on, IIRC.

JMO

I'm pretty sure they had a sample from the funeral home or something. Wasn't that info in the live Q&A with the original detective (pregnant brain = forgot his name)?

I don't think that FLEK is any of the women who have been suggested in this thread. None of them look enough like her. Some have a decent similarity, but just don't look enough like FLEK.

I'm pretty sure they had a sample from the funeral home or something. Wasn't that info in the live Q&A with the original detective (pregnant brain = forgot his name)?

Ah, I had missed that, but the Facebook poster said they used the daughter's DNA when they made this match on an internet site, so they obviously have a sample from the daughter also. I guess they might have taken a sample from the daughter too, to ensure that there had been no mix-up with Lori's DNA.

Ah, I had missed that, but the Facebook poster said they used the daughter's DNA when they made this match on an internet site, so they obviously have a sample from the daughter also. I guess they might have taken a sample from the daughter too, to ensure that there had been no mix-up with Lori's DNA.

Well, they couldn't have used FLEK's DNA for the website (I'm assuming it's ancestry or something) because wouldn't it have all been handed over to the authorities? Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321