TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I demand to know who she is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote to Maureen O'Hagan (author of the original piece in the Seattle Times). I asked her if she had any inside scoop on the rumors. Her very neutral response was "Thanks for your message and your interest. I'm hoping to write a follow-up when the mystery is solved." Love her for always responding even if she doesn't provide any info, and I REALLY hope she's the one who gets to break the story when/if it's ever solved.

LEK looks to me like someone who once had braces but whose teeth gradually drifted apart again as time went on, like maybe she was supposed to wear a retainer and didn't. In the first picture we have of her, the teeth look pretty tight together and aligned. But as she gets older, and especially in the picture with the hat, she has gaps between her teeth.

So somebody when she was younger maybe paid to have braces put on her? And later taken off?

I don't think she could be Tracy Byrd because Tracy's eyes are listed as blue. Usually hazel eyes, like my own, are more green/brown.

LEK looks to me like someone who once had braces but whose teeth gradually drifted apart again as time went on, like maybe she was supposed to wear a retainer and didn't. In the first picture we have of her, the teeth look pretty tight together and aligned. But as she gets older, and especially in the picture with the hat, she has gaps between her teeth.

So somebody when she was younger maybe paid to have braces put on her? And later taken off?

I don't think she could be Tracy Byrd because Tracy's eyes are listed as blue. Usually hazel eyes, like my own, are more green/brown.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Her teeth were straight with no spaces in her Idaho photo but as she got older teeth started to space out again.

I have spent all morning combing through pictures of missing teens/women from the 70s-80s and I just can’t find anyone that I think could be LEK unless she had some major reconstructive surgery. Who is this mystery person? It is driving me nuts!

One thing I think about a lot is that around tbe time she became BST, and the 402 months, is that the war on drug sentencing went into effect. I wonder if it's possible she turned someone in, or even testified against someone and felt the need to run.

Deborah J Stalder has been discussed (at length if I recall) as a possible match with that type of situation in mind..
The original articles about the case:

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-07/local/me-3831_1_execution-style-murders
http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-14/local/me-2414_1_van-nuys
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-05-17/local/me-2707_1_death-penalty
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-06-25/local/me-4767_1_drug-dealer

Could someone invested in this match perhaps provide a summary of their whole theory there as it relates to LEK? TIA!

Long-time lurker here on this thread. I saw the fb post that was being discussed a few pages back and I snipped it before it was deleted. To clarify, the process to determine the DNA match was that they "used her daughter's DNA and deleted her husband's and found that her family came from Philadelphia" No mention that that was where she went missing from though.
JMO

Deborah J Stalder has been discussed (at length if I recall) as a possible match with that type of situation in mind..
The original articles about the case:

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-07/local/me-3831_1_execution-style-murders
http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-14/local/me-2414_1_van-nuys
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-05-17/local/me-2707_1_death-penalty
http://articles.latimes.com/1988-06-25/local/me-4767_1_drug-dealer

Could someone invested in this match perhaps provide a summary of their whole theory there as it relates to LEK? TIA!
Just write down the dates of DS and FLEK. Think of what you would do if DS. Stick around to get killed? DS in Scottsdale 1988. I'm alone on this one : ( not worth the time.

Is the Reddit that was recently discussing this case gone? I cannot find it. Not the DA AMA, the thread that was directing people here.
Wikipedia is still showing the March 16th update & NAMUS is still up.

So, no new news... I see that my theory Cynthia Perry still has a NAMUS page as well. Has anyone noticed any of their personal theories disappearing from missing persons records? That would be a big clue, in my opinion.

Just LOL'd at a Reddit thread where we have been mentioned (in a a nice way). They've starred out the name:

:laugh: We?Sl?ut?s

Just LOL'd at a Reddit thread where we have been mentioned (in a a nice way). They've starred out the name:

:laugh: We?Sl?ut?s

Funny how anyone can say anything they want on Reddit but here we have rules to make sure everyone is respectful yet we're the ones being called names? I have FAR more respect for my WSers than the trolls on Reddit.

Funny how anyone can say anything they want on Reddit but here we have rules to make sure everyone is respectful yet we're the ones being called names? I have FAR more respect for my WSers than the trolls on Reddit.

It was meant in humor. I apologize if you found it offensive.

I have followed this case for some time. I am hopeful, but in many ways doubtful about her identification.

I think there is a great probability that she simply was a very mentally ill person who was unable to achieve human connection with others. I imagine that she lead a very lonely life with a lot of paranoia and turmoil. (That is all JMO, of course.) I hope that for the Ruff's sake regarding the daughter, they do or have identified her. It must be a strage and concerning thing to have hanging over your life. That what if's. What if she was running from something awful. When a child is involved, I imagine you couldn't keep from the worry.

My husband said something in jest last night that caught me off guard. "What if she really was Becky Sue." Man, wouldn't that be a story! In all seriousness, I do hope there can be closure for the Ruffs and for the daughter. I hope that Lori's life was not running from terrible things. It seems a less terrifying alternative for the family.

OT - I'm a member of the subreddit that contains the post CoverMeCagney is referring to. The reference made by the poster said they weren't sure if they were supposed to mention the name of another website, hence the omission of letters. A few posters cracked a joke at the word the omissions made, but please don't assume everyone on Reddit is a troll. I'm a long-time lurker and poster both here and on the subreddit that post was made, and a few bad apples shouldn't condemn the whole site. Lots of good discussions happen on that particular subreddit. Just because it isn't heavily moderated doesn't mean it's inherently full of trolls. Just my opinion.

OT - I'm a member of the subreddit that contains the post CoverMeCagney is referring to. The reference made by the poster said they weren't sure if they were supposed to mention the name of another website, hence the omission of letters. A few posters cracked a joke at the word the omissions made, but please don't assume everyone on Reddit is a troll. I'm a long-time lurker and poster both here and on the subreddit that post was made, and a few bad apples shouldn't condemn the whole site. Lots of good discussions happen on that particular subreddit. Just because it isn't heavily moderated doesn't mean it's inherently full of trolls. Just my opinion.

I am very new to Reddit (since this latest news broke this week) and finding it quite hard to navigate. And what actually is it? A forum? Social media site? News site? I've not seen any/many photos there either.

I am very new to Reddit (since this latest news broke this week) and finding it quite hard to navigate. And what actually is it? A forum? Social media site? News site? I've not seen any/many photos there either.

:eek:fftopic:

It's basically a huge forum. Subreddits are dedicated to specific topics (think of them sort of like subforums like we have here). You can 'subscribe' to subreddits focused on topics of interest to you, and recent threads posted within will show up on your personalized homepage, or you can simply browse without subscribing. PM me if you have any questions or would like some recommendations - don't want to get too off-topic here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavina