TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont think she would have gone to these lengths unless it was something big.i mean,really.all of the name changes,floating mailing addresses,GED.remember,it was pre-internet days,so alot easier to not be found .if she was just a runaway or trying to dissacociate herself from her past,it would've been pretty easy.instead,she went to great lengths.had to get her GED,either she never graduated,due to circumstances or no formal education.she hopped from one court to the next and mailing address to mailing address.what would make you go to such lengths?me,I think of LDS escape,(explains no formal education,see her handwriting).or motorcycle gang involvment(Cheryl Moser).last year,before I joined ws,I had briefly jaf contact with blakes mom.what she told me is strange"we have decided that any further information into Loris true identity will not positively benefit our family".that makes me feel like after investigation..they maybe realized something that could poss be dangerous to the family.

Not wanting further information could definitely indicate they became aware of something alarming. Or it could mean that they are respecting Blakes wishes to not know (per the poster who is in contact with the neighbor/PI- Blake didn't want to know). Maybe Blake already knows who she was, feels bad that the woman he loved was in the situation that started this whole thing (real or imagined) and wants to give her the honor of leaving her Unidentified.
In my mind it has always been a possibility that the Ruffs were privately informed of her identity after all of the renewed interest in 2013. It seems like efforts to pursue it died down then. That has been 3 years now that the Ruffs have declined interviews (I don't know where I read that, but I'm almost positive they have) & seem to just be moving on. If Lori was involved in something that would cause a big ruckus by acknowledging her real identity having been solved it makes total sense for them to all clam up & not stir the pot.
That brings me to my own thoughts on our continued discussion. On one hand I feel like there are people who need to be held accountable, whoever she was running from namely. There may also be real family & friends who have lost someone & could get closure. Additionally I am sure the Turners would like to know who this woman was (assuming they don't already) and why she chose their tragically deceased baby's identity. I think that would bother me quite a bit as a mother.
*on the other hand, are we being disrespectful by continuing to pursue this? I will be the first to admit that my own curiosity is the reason I care who Lori really was. My curiosity is meaningless when I think about the Ruffs trying to protect their child from whatever Lori was running from. I can't imagine trying to explain all this to a child. Even in small doses as she grows up, how do you ease into this kind of story?
There is so much publicly available information, a lot of it at the Ruffs own doing. Not faulting them in anyway, but they shared all of this to solve it. The cows are out, so to speak. Can't close the gate now.

Yes. And I thought Velling found the Idaho Id.. Like I said he contacted me and I have no way to verify!! I will ask him to join here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not wanting further information could definitely indicate they became aware of something alarming. Or it could mean that they are respecting Blakes wishes to not know (per the poster who is in contact with the neighbor/PI- Blake didn't want to know). Maybe Blake already knows who she was, feels bad that the woman he loved was in the situation that started this whole thing (real or imagined) and wants to give her the honor of leaving her Unidentified.
In my mind it has always been a possibility that the Ruffs were privately informed of her identity after all of the renewed interest in 2013. It seems like efforts to pursue it died down then. That has been 3 years now that the Ruffs have declined interviews (I don't know where I read that, but I'm almost positive they have) & seem to just be moving on. If Lori was involved in something that would cause a big ruckus by acknowledging her real identity having been solved it makes total sense for them to all clam up & not stir the pot.
That brings me to my own thoughts on our continued discussion. On one hand I feel like there are people who need to be held accountable, whoever she was running from namely. There may also be real family & friends who have lost someone & could get closure. Additionally I am sure the Turners would like to know who this woman was (assuming they don't already) and why she chose their tragically deceased baby's identity. I think that would bother me quite a bit as a mother.

I just know that little girl might become obsessed with the mystery ..... they must know .....you would think they would share with the Turners though?

Those are good questions ......I just cant get past Blake NOT wanting to know ???

To put it nicely, I have heard the husband was kind of a simple-minded man who was heavily dependent on his family. A normal person would not take his brother to marriage counseling with him and want him to speak on his behalf, which is what the husband did. I’m guessing LEK probably picked him as a spouse because she knew he was of a simple mind and would be easily led in life (aka he wouldn’t push to find out about her past). As much as I would like to know who she is (and believe me, I’ve spent a lot of time on this case), I think the husband’s wishes should be respected, if he didn’t want her past dug up they should’ve let it go. Obviously LEK wasn’t some criminal on the run (no fingerprints in any databases) so what does it matter if her past is a mystery? The only people that need to know that info is him and the daughter she left behind.

Personally, I think if her identity is ever uncovered, it will be up to him to release the info to the public and from the sound of it, he won’t do that. Just my opinion.

I just know that little girl might become obsessed with the mystery ..... they must know .....you would think they would share with the Turners though?

I don't know how the daughter will avoid becoming obsessed. Especially as she goes into her teen years and if she ever becomes a wife or mother. Unless she has some sort of STRONG mother-figure in her life and perhaps they haven't told her the truth about all of this. Perhaps she is being raised as a family members child? Really, she was young enough that they might be able to pull that off. If she is being raised without the last name Ruff and is unaware that the woman raising her is not her mother she might never get curious enough to look. Given the whole set of circumstances I kind of hope that is what is happening. It might not be technically honest, but it might also be in that child's best interests. Especially if there is some horribly family out there that Lori ran from who might decide to try and involve themselves with her child. It isn't as though they are denying her a wealth of genetic knowledge and family history.

Blake DOES want to know.he told me its very important to him,but everything needs to be approved through his mother,which is how I came to talk with her.

I very much agree.however they did involve the public asking for help.they can easily release a statement that they have discovered her true identity ,but for personal reasons will mot release it to the public.until they do that,people are going to keep digging.

Q? to pass through our Linda:

Did the local PI talk with the Texas Business Women's group members?

Cafegirl, welcome & keep talking, we are listening intently.

:seeya:

I'm just a fellow sleuther like everyone here.im not friends with the riffs in amyway.i have been interested I this case for years.before joining this forum,I reached out to Blake then his mom per his request ,and after his mom said she didn't think its in their best interest to search any further.i then reached out yo Blake,and said I respect their wishes and would quietly just kind of keep myself updated on the case.thats it.i actually for a veryong time believed this could be Cheryl Moser.jmo.if the family or investigators know something,I wish they would just release a brief statement.i have a feeling they do know,and it really probably is better to not involve their family anymore.but now that its a big mystery,people are going to keep digging.

I'm just a fellow sleuther like everyone here.im not friends with the riffs in amyway.i have been interested I this case for years.before joining this forum,I reached out to Blake then his mom per his request ,and after his mom said she didn't think its in their best interest to search any further.i then reached out yo Blake,and said I respect their wishes and would quietly just kind of keep myself updated on the case.thats it.i actually for a veryong time believed this could be Cheryl Moser.jmo.if the family or investigators know something,I wish they would just release a brief statement.i have a feeling they do know,and it really probably is better to not involve their family anymore.but now that its a big mystery,people are going to keep digging.

cafegirl what makes or made you think that shes Cheryl Moser.

The height,age,side by side photos seem very similar,spacing of the teeth(especially pronounced in the tea party photo)posture,and mainly the circumstances .cheryl had a male friend who had involvement with motorcycle gang,and later involved in a related horrific murder.cheryls mother and sister were not cooperative with police other than eventually filing a missing person report,were they protecting her in hiding?I think this was a very good reason to hide if there ever was one.i guess we all have our own theories.i will admit,the FH mention in the FOI release report has me thinking...what would make TT throw that out there?I wish we knew I FH was ever followed up

Cafe girl yes i remember when i put the match in i was talking to you around the same time that you contacted Mr.Ruff..Did he ever speak to you since then.

At this point I think we should just continue to follow the Howder lead. It seems like everyone knows the ruffs. Interesting timing for all these people to come out of the woodwork. Let's just keep looking. I will take what the guy tells me with a grain of salt.

Cafe girl yes i remember when i put the match in i was talking to you around the same time that you contacted Mr.Ruff..Did he ever speak to you since then.

Nope.i had sent him a last msg stating his mother didn't want to pursue anymore leads,and that was it.that was a few months ago,so obviously he could have different thoughts now,I really dont know.

The height,age,side by side photos seem very similar,spacing of the teeth(especially pronounced in the tea party photo)posture,and mainly the circumstances .cheryl had a male friend who had involvement with motorcycle gang,and later involved in a related horrific murder.cheryls mother and sister were not cooperative with police other than eventually filing a missing person report,were they protecting her in hiding?I think this was a very good reason to hide if there ever was one.i guess we all have our own theories.i will admit,the FH mention in the FOI release report has me thinking...what would make TT throw that out there?I wish we knew I FH was ever followed up

Cafe girl we know Cheryl's background , but i think you are wrong in saying her mother and sister weren't cooperative, cause they did cooperate , the mother did think that Cheryl was dead, saying she felt it as soon as she knew... so that is not the case and Cheryl has been a well public submitted match since last October and i was informed by Namus she isn't a match.Even thought she is the closes in all i've seen and submitted and goes along with the suppose potiential match that was recently publicized as her being identified. the thing is she wass17 not 18 and i was again told by namus that they aren't a match.

Nope.i had sent him a last msg stating his mother didn't want to pursue anymore leads,and that was it.that was a few months ago,so obviously he could have different thoughts now,I really dont know.

i myself had spoken with Mr.Ruff and his answer was vague , so i wont repeat it as it was very vague. we will have to wait . until then like Linda says we well have to keep trying, cause things always come out .they cant stop everyone that Lori had contact with from speaking..

Thank you!!!and I stand corrected on saying mom not cooperative,there was a forum where cheryls mom told her sister not to talk to reporters,I should have worded it differently.yes,I know cheryls not a match...but I guess I'm in denial because I believe it so much .shes not on Loris exclusion list yet,is she?maybe this takes time.I know on the aundria bowman fb page,her bio mom said she was told aundria was not a march for Racine Jane doe...it was a year or so later she found out that she hadn't officially been ruled our by dna(she has since),maybe I was hoping this was the case here...well I guess you can't change science !

Thank you!!!and I stand corrected on saying mom not cooperative,there was a forum where cheryls mom told her sister not to talk to reporters,I should have worded it differently.yes,I know cheryls not a match...but I guess I'm in denial because I believe it so much .shes not on Loris exclusion list yet,is she?maybe this takes time.I know on the aundria bowman fb page,her bio mom said she was told aundria was not a march for Racine Jane doe...it was a year or so later she found out that she hadn't officially been ruled our by dna(she has since),maybe I was hoping this was the case here...well I guess you can't change science !

Hey girl would have loved that my self she would have been my first match,,,

:stop:

Stop the bickering and calling each other out!

Some of you may find yourself on a nice vacation without posting privileges.

Ok. So I just got a PM from a guy who says he was Lori/Blakes neighbor in Leonard. He stated he was the original PI who helped the ruffs and he worked on the case for 3 months. I asked him some info:
Did you find the Idaho Id? He said it was in the lockbox and he is the one who opened the box.
He said Blake did not want to know what Lori's background was. He said the parents and brother are the ones who did.
He said he went to their church and he and the pastor are friends ( the pastor who counseled the ruffs)
He said there were TWO suicide notes. One was a duplicate. One was in the SUV and one at her home. He said they were addressed to her daughter ONLY. I will ask questions y'all want to know. Just post here.
What is weird is I thought Velling found the Idaho ID later.
I have no way to confirm this guy but he does live in Leonard. He gave
Me the pastors name.
Thoughts?
By the way he contact d me because his wife saw my post on the McKinney moms page about Lori's ID possibly being found and he was messaging me to find out if I knew who she was.

if he contacts again ask about how socialable she was at church and do you remember what church it was that they meet.

Yes it was the one in Dallas near mocking bird I can't remember the name but it was published in one of the articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member