TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that her daughter is not referenced in here:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=12874331

Also interesting that the third husband who had the child while she was in prison, attended a bible college.

Also, because she was in the burlesque industry, I wonder about whether there is a connection to the makeup artist whose name was on the notes page....name escapes me right now...Jeung maybe. Or is Jeung connected to the hairdresser husband?

I tried to post earlier but couldnt log in on my phone coz i forgot my password lol, im home now and doesnt look like its been mentioned as far as I can see, on facebook they seem to be talking about this woman.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/197dfpa.html
It definitely looks like her.

The location this woman went missing from is about a 35 minute drive from the Library in the notes page.

attachment.php

Top left: commonly circulated missing poster image of Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/197dfpa.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/iacovone_cheryl.html

top 2nd and 3rd from left: pictures from Ridley High School yearbook misspelling her last name two different ways... but I'm fairly certain this is the same girl? Just wanted to see some more angles of her face, without luck, since she's pretty much posed the same way.

top right 2 pictures and bottom are young lek, of course, for comparison. bottom right and bottom left are older lek for comparison with the 2 age progressed Cheryl Moser Iacovone pictures in the middle.

Websleuths discussion on Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ryl-Ann-Iacovone-17-Secane-12-July-1977/page3

Attachments

• lekandcherylannmoser.jpg
    lekandcherylannmoser.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 649
It looks like her. Hair is easily dyed and eyebrows can be too...I can't really tell how dark Cheryl's are, they look lighter in her age progression to me. And of course hair can darken naturally with age some.

Lots of similarities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you take an Occams Razor approach, I think shed changed her name to run away from her past and it was nothing earth shattering, just horrible early years. Everything points to it -- Desperation to have a baby; working as a stripper, an occupation with a large number of women who were sexually abused girls. I don't think there is anything more to it than that. I also do not think we will find out who she is unless someone related to her puts their DNA on ancestry.com.

I too tend to believe she was just trying to leave a past behind her and is probably not reported missing because she didn't have strong family ties, part of the reason she wanted to leave that part of her behind. Her behavior was certainly odd but we don't know what kind of mental issues she might have had. Maybe she was just really ashamed at having stolen an identity and didn't want that uncovered. Maybe whatever issues she had couldn't be erased with a new identity, hence the suicide, or she just did it to be vengeful (on Christmas Eve, at the families house, etc...) I don't know. I just listened to a podcast about her. I think it is the simplest answer, she just was super paranoid about it which makes it look like there could be more to it, when it was really just her being her.

eta: There was a time when I daydreamed about getting a new identity. I'd been sick for a while, ruined my credit and been fired from Target. I thought I couldn't move past that and it would ruin my life. Now I would have kept my old family ties and hid my new identity from them, but I would have been pretty protective of what I'd done. I didn't think about this much at the time, I've just been expounding upon my past passing thoughts while trying to brainstorm about FLEK. It could have been something as simple as that combined with her not wanting to have anything to do with her old family. If I didn't care to see mine I would have moved around and started a totally new life with my new ID as well.

I just listened to a podcast about her. I think it is the simplest answer, she just was super paranoid about it which makes it look like there could be more to it, when it was really just her being her.

I am curious, what was the name of the podcast?

Thanks.

It's called Thinking Sideways. They do lots of unsolved mysteries type stuff. Recently listened to one about the Keddie murders, Brian Carrick, and a really interesting one about a Jane Doe who was found in a children's section of a cemetery with a Christmas tree set up next to her and a plastic bag over her head. Looking for that case here on WS to read more. I have a few more to listen to including the Springfield Three and Zebb Quinn.

Anyway, the LEK episode is from Nov. 20, 2014.

Sorry if this has been mentioned- I'm somewhat new to the case. I was looking at the entry for LER on findagrave.com and someone left the following comment:

"I will never forget you, or 1988. Sorry for the delay, I just figured out it was you. My prayers are with your Husband and child. -Anonymous"

[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]

Seriously. Sounds like something a woman would write.! ( or a troll)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope that is not a troll and if not they would call and give Velling some information. Then again if it is someone being truthful they don't sound like someone interested in spilling her story. I'm assuming (again assuming it's not a troll) that this person has googled the name LER and somehow got to the findagrave site, so I have no doubt s/he would have seen other things out there about her story. I'm on the fence on this. Thinking it's too good to be true, leaning toward a troll, but I hope it's not because maybe they will tell someone else (who maybe tells someone else, and someone else) and someone will finally clear up this mystery.

Sorry if this has been mentioned- I'm somewhat new to the case. I was looking at the entry for LER on findagrave.com and someone left the following comment:

"I will never forget you, or 1988. Sorry for the delay, I just figured out it was you. My prayers are with your Husband and child. -Anonymous"

[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]

:Welcome1: c8080!

Could be the fella that posted here with the nic "spring/summer1988"
He said he had contacted Velling

[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=113578500

That is a really odd thing to write on someone's memorial page. "I just figured out it was you." The message was posted back in May 22, 2015, so it could possibly be S/S1988.

Sounds like the same poster who showed up earlier on this board. No reason to take the bait.

Anonymously posted, not one iota of verifiable fact that could not be found elsewhere = TROLL. ignore.

I'm still hopeful that s/s1988's information is going to solve this soon.

Otherwise there's no reason to think her identity will be found... we already know she's not a person reported missing.

BTW, how many trolls contact government agents to share their information? Which is not something he did anonymously.

I'm still hopeful that s/s1988's information is going to solve this soon.

Otherwise there's no reason to think her identity will be found... we already know she's not a person reported missing.

BTW, how many trolls contact government agents to share their information? Which is not something he did anonymously.

From my personal experiences an agent... LOTS. There are lots of attention seekers in the world.
For what it's worth I don't doubt that poster may have known FLEK, however I feel like it was a woman, not a man.

Sorry for the typos. My iPhone is currently possessed by a demon I guess. Sitting at the Genius Bar now to get it fixed!

From my personal experiences an agent... LOTS. There are lots of attention seekers in the world.
For what it's worth I don't doubt that poster may have known FLEK, however I feel like it was a woman, not a man.

I tend to believe the poster was being truthful. Has anyone ever put the posts into the Gender Guesser?

http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members