TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in search of a good computer program that would not only help with this case but probably with countless others.

The process is called "Age Regression" and it's much like the "age progression" process that we are used to seeing used in missing children's cases.

Please help me find a free or affordable product that is capable of reliably doing this task.

So far, I have found nothing but dead ends but I do know the software exists.

Arggghh, several pages to catch up on and I've just had a really quick look through - who are all these photos of and are they connected to this case??

Have we got any further with identifying Lori? I'm going to make a cuppa and have a proper read but thought I'd just check if anything has happened!

I am in search of a good computer program that would not only help with this case but probably with countless others.

The process is called "Age Regression" and it's much like the "age progression" process that we are used to seeing used in missing children's cases.

Please help me find a free or affordable product that is capable of reliably doing this task.

So far, I have found nothing but dead ends but I do know the software exists.

Not sure if this link is of any help. I did find a great face recognition match there, that is free, which will look at multiple pics and tell you how much they are alike, percentage wise.

Take a look, you may find something here... https://facedetection.com/software/

Arggghh, several pages to catch up on and I've just had a really quick look through - who are all these photos of and are they connected to this case??

Have we got any further with identifying Lori? I'm going to make a cuppa and have a proper read but thought I'd just check if anything has happened!
Nothing happened

IMO, the best thing Professor Abbott (sp?) could do is come forward himself and clarify, so I wish he would personally do that.

I understand he is an engineer. He must just have an interest in cases such as this.

****ETA: I just researched a Dr. Derek Abbott and I have to correct myself in that he is more than just a professor.

JMO

i did say that in an earlier post , that if someone wanted to remove them they can , can i remove them myself? talking to someone and got of track and i do apologise. you shoud she where i askes if there was a thread for EDJD

IMO, the best thing Professor Abbott (sp?) could do is come forward himself and clarify, so I wish he would personally do that.

I understand he is an engineer. He must just have an interest in cases such as this.

****ETA: I just researched a Dr. Derek Abbott and I have to correct myself in that he is more than just a professor.

JMO

What is he, aside from professor? I know he is a hobbyist researcher for Taman Shud (spelling butchered, I'm sure). Is there more to know?
I haven't felt like his connection to the LEK situation was strong- in all his Reddit AMA he mentioned her in a sentence along with a couple other mysterious persons. In as much I assumed he was aware of a UID woman in Texas, not the specifics. Thinking that there has been a mistatement or misunderstanding is far more believable in my mind than the idea that 2 women having taken up false identity ending up in Texas have been solved this week through DNA.
Maybe I'm wrong. Texas is a dang big place.

I can really relate to what you are saying about the limitations. I am from a very large family. My father was the oldest of 12 and while there are some subtle traits that made them look more like siblings when they were much younger. . . even some of those traits faded with age.
Inheritance and physical appearance is an interesting thing. My cousins are a perfect example. All siblings are very similar in appearance & there is a strong ethnic component to their appearance. Except one sister. You could swap me in for her & never know. She looks like a neighborhood friend in all our family pictures, the appearance is that far off. Now if you look further into our family tree you can see where her looks came from. I want you to imagine a large Greek family with one Irish kid- not exactly my family, but you get the picture. Turns out there is a bit of Irish on both sides & there is a really strong genetic link with her & her father, so I am confident in the relation.
We are at a disadvantage without all of the evidence. I wonder if the FBI or whoever would just turn over headquarters to WS for one day? Imagine the things we would sort out.

Texas is a dang big place.

A short verse about driving across Texas:

The sun has riz.
The sun has set.
And we are still
in Texas yet.

My great, great, great Grandaddy was born in Texas when it was a nation, The Republic of Texas.

Sorry, back to FLEK now!

:seeya:

Very true re inherited characteristics and differences. I went to school with boy/girl twins, at age 15 he was easily 6 feet tall, lanky, fair haired and covered in freckles. His sister was well under 5 feet tall and nearly as wide (!), with jet black hair and olive skin. You honestly couldn't have taken two more unalike people to be twins.

I also know a boy/man who was the spit of his dad, but was adopted. I think sometimes people see what they want...

Inheritance and physical appearance is an interesting thing. My cousins are a perfect example. All siblings are very similar in appearance & there is a strong ethnic component to their appearance. Except one sister. You could swap me in for her & never know. She looks like a neighborhood friend in all our family pictures, the appearance is that far off. Now if you look further into our family tree you can see where her looks came from. I want you to imagine a large Greek family with one Irish kid- not exactly my family, but you get the picture. Turns out there is a bit of Irish on both sides & there is a really strong genetic link with her & her father, so I am confident in the relation.
We are at a disadvantage without all of the evidence. I wonder if the FBI or whoever would just turn over headquarters to WS for one day? Imagine the things we would sort out.

I look like my dad, and one cousin out of many, but not like anyone else I'm related to. I have a cousin who is pale and read-headed. He and his brother and sister are over half Native American and Arab. One has olive skin and black hair. The other mostly looks white but with dark hair. Then there's the pasty ginger. You never know.

What is he, aside from professor? I know he is a hobbyist researcher for Taman Shud (spelling butchered, I'm sure). Is there more to know?
I haven't felt like his connection to the LEK situation was strong- in all his Reddit AMA he mentioned her in a sentence along with a couple other mysterious persons. In as much I assumed he was aware of a UID woman in Texas, not the specifics. Thinking that there has been a mistatement or misunderstanding is far more believable in my mind than the idea that 2 women having taken up false identity ending up in Texas have been solved this week through DNA.
Maybe I'm wrong. Texas is a dang big place.

BBM:

He is a professor from the Center of Biomedical Engineering. He has worked on Chron's (sp?) disease research also. He is not, however, a DNA expert.

The case you cited is something he'd really become interested in and tried to solve.

I am pretty well satisfied that his statements concerning the FLEK case were a mistake and he had to have been thinking of another UID being solved in Texas.

JMO

My bigger disappointment is that there is now another unidentified doe out there from richmond, Indiana that does not have a name and needs some help. Do we have a thread on the 1975 Richmond UID?

I have emailed him to clarify but he has not ( and probably won't) reply. I encourage others to contact him instead of just making the same comment over and over that he was wrong. It's not moving anything forward. His email is easily searchable via Google. It is amazing to me that someone can complain but expects others to be the one that takes action. Come on y'all.. Someone could email the new SS office contact to ask or even the Longview police also( however I doubt they will know )..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have emailed him to clarify but he has not ( and probably won't) reply. I encourage others to contact him instead of just making the same comment over and over that he was wrong. It's not moving anything forward. His email is easily searchable via Google. It is amazing to me that someone can complain but expects others to be the one that takes action. Come on y'all.. Someone could email the new SS office contact to ask or even the Longview police also( however I doubt they will know )..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed him over a week ago and can see that he hasn't opened the email.

That poor woman obviously wants her privacy. I understand wanting to figure out who she if somehow she ends up being one of our theories/matches, but I really hope no one here would just take it upon themselves to needlessly seek out her identity. **** EDIT: I meant to quote a post that asked if anyone was researching the new Doe match, the Texas woman from Indiana. I am on my phone and don't have the strength or patience to try to figure out how to go back and quote that post. Sorry.

That poor woman obviously wants her privacy. I understand wanting to figure out who she if somehow she ends up being one of our theories/matches, but I really hope no one here would just take it upon themselves to needlessly seek out her identity. **** EDIT: I meant to quote a post that asked if anyone was researching the new Doe match, the Texas woman from Indiana. I am on my phone and don't have the strength or patience to try to figure out how to go back and quote that post. Sorry.
I may have misread the post - I took it to mean looking into the UID herself not the living woman who had been missing.

I am still quite convinced that FLEK is related to TT and SBH..... and that TJT is her half sibling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3